Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I love how a bunch of search tags show up saying I'm scum and should be lynched and that I'm having a meltdown and other fun things, a non-player was thanking posts in a way that even the mod says was hurting the integrity of the game. I point both these things out to the mod and I'm told it's my fault now for bringing the FZ here and that I'm whining and hurting the game.

Now, I need to play the fucking game. I HAVE been. I've given tons of input. I wasted my time. I got feedback I was typing too much, changing my mind too much, and no one wants to read it. I've been called a liar repeatedly and I've even been asked to quit.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't in this game.

If you guys are that unhappy with my play style, get rid of me.

I don't care any more who you guys vote for. Even if it's me. Just pick someone for crying out loud. Make a choice and I will go along with whoever you pick and vote for whoever you want and will not defend myself further if it's me. I'm not a PR. So who cares? Just pick someone.

I am so over this BS it isn't even funny.

game one was just blind voting and game two is not much else

Yes to a point. But take in to consideration how people react to certain situations, who defends whom, and how a person votes can all give clues to what a person's role is. It is helpful if people post and interact though.

Right now you are voting for Mertex. Why? Is that just a blind guess?

I love how a bunch of search tags show up saying I'm scum and should be lynched and that I'm having a meltdown and other fun things, a non-player was thanking posts in a way that even the mod says was hurting the integrity of the game. I point both these things out to the mod and I'm told it's my fault now for bringing the FZ here and that I'm whining and hurting the game.

Now, I need to play the fucking game. I HAVE been. I've given tons of input. I wasted my time. I got feedback I was typing too much, changing my mind too much, and no one wants to read it. I've been called a liar repeatedly and I've even been asked to quit.

I don't care any more who you guys vote for. Even if it's me. Just pick someone for crying out loud. Make a choice and I will go along with whoever you pick and vote for whoever you want and will not defend myself further if it's me. I'm not a PR. So who cares? Just pick someone.

Take a deep breath Wolfsister. :smiliehug: I don't know the dynamics from other areas of the board but I would ignore all of it to the best of your ability. I am not unhappy with your playing style. I appreciate your comments and the fact that you are trying to figure things out.

mertex has twisted several things posted by aye and me.....she and wolf seems to be a team but that could just be the perception i have....it is said that the townies will post a lot and the mafia wont...if that is taken into consideration then it would be lu and mani....but mani is a thoughtful poster only really posting when he has pondered the game and kinda gives one an update on how he feels .....shaitra strikes me a townie...as does ma

it continues to piss me off that people are saying outside game things....like i voted for rosie due to not liking her....outside of the game....nothing could be more of a lie...

My reads:

Bones-correct on Rosie, didn't want to lynch Avi, gives no scum vibes-town

Shaitra-my strongest town read, very thoughtful in her analysis, actively scum hunting, not doing anything scummy

Manifold-I found his vote switching to be strange when he was so set on mebelle, particularly when he switched to Mertex who wasn't his second choice and who he had just got done saying he thought was town, I still think he's leaning town but he has set off some mild scum vibes for confusing things

Aye-Mostly town, trying to antagonize folks with memes and stir up shit only adds to the divide and anger and gave a scummy read, however she voted for Rosie and stuck with that vote so that goes a long way to putting her in town

R.D.-To be honest, I'm not sure, she didn't vote for Rosie, did vote for Avi, and is difficult to read.

Luissa-might as well not be playing, I have no clue, not helping voting for Bones, not saying why, and basically just calling it in, I'd be fine voting for her

mebelle-giving off scummy vibes by trying to out the PR's, outing herself too early, and not giving any reads of her own

Mertex-did not vote for Rosie, voted for Avi, when I suspected her and questioned her she answered well for herself, also claimed VT and was willing to die for the game, scum generally want to live, she has added to the confusion in many of her posts, leaning town but with some reservations

TN-just too new into the game for me to tell

now lets remember rosie vote may have been a total fluke....rosie was being mean....rosie is never mean...then we find out her r.a. is acting up.....so what we took for change in playing style was more her being in pain and trying to live up to her obligations of committing to play the game.....

Very true but one of the only pieces of analysis I have is voting history so I can't discount it outright. Even if it was a fluke, I feel like with so little information to go on, voting is one way to figure out who to vote for that I have to use. The only other thing I have is posts and behavior and analysis from the other townies. I also have to look at those trying to fly under the radar which is why I have always suspected Luissa. I will go along with whoever the town chooses. I don't want a no-lynch either.

mertex has twisted several things posted by aye and me.....she and wolf seems to be a team but that could just be the perception i have....it is said that the townies will post a lot and the mafia wont...if that is taken into consideration then it would be lu and mani....but mani is a thoughtful poster only really posting when he has pondered the game and kinda gives one an update on how he feels .....shaitra strikes me a townie...as does ma

it continues to piss me off that people are saying outside game things....like i voted for rosie due to not liking her....outside of the game....nothing could be more of a lie...

I agree mani has been pretty thoughtful in how he has posted. I also feel he's pretty insightful. He caught on to me after I sheeped on a Mertex explanation for a vote in game 1. Fortunately he changed his mind later, but I did learn a lesson about playing the game. :)

I read something from Luissa that makes me think she is town. I do wish she would post more though.

My reads:

Bones-correct on Rosie, didn't want to lynch Avi, gives no scum vibes-town

Shaitra-my strongest town read, very thoughtful in her analysis, actively scum hunting, not doing anything scummy

Manifold-I found his vote switching to be strange when he was so set on mebelle, particularly when he switched to Mertex who wasn't his second choice and who he had just got done saying he thought was town, I still think he's leaning town but he has set off some mild scum vibes for confusing things

Aye-Mostly town, trying to antagonize folks with memes and stir up shit only adds to the divide and anger and gave a scummy read, however she voted for Rosie and stuck with that vote so that goes a long way to putting her in town

R.D.-To be honest, I'm not sure, she didn't vote for Rosie, did vote for Avi, and is difficult to read.

Luissa-might as well not be playing, I have no clue, not helping voting for Bones, not saying why, and basically just calling it in, I'd be fine voting for her

mebelle-giving off scummy vibes by trying to out the PR's, outing herself too early, and not giving any reads of her own

Mertex-did not vote for Rosie, voted for Avi, when I suspected her and questioned her she answered well for herself, also claimed VT and was willing to die for the game, scum generally want to live, she has added to the confusion in many of her posts, leaning town but with some reservations

TN-just too new into the game for me to tell

Yes, TN is too new to have any idea about. Needs to post more so we can get to know him. I agree, R.D. is hard to read.

now lets remember rosie vote may have been a total fluke....rosie was being mean....rosie is never mean...then we find out her r.a. is acting up.....so what we took for change in playing style was more her being in pain and trying to live up to her obligations of committing to play the game.....

I don't know Rosie well enough to know if she is mean or not. I took her response as not wanting to be caught and trying to drive us towards voting for someone else. She even tried to claim to be a PR to prevent the lynch.

One of the things I am struggling with right now is MeBelle's claim to be the doctor. Rosie tried to claim being a PR too but she was scum. Is MeBelle trying the same tactic? But on the other hand, several people have asked the doctor to come forward if MeBelle isn't the doctor. And no one has spoke up. :dunno: For me, MeBelle is a null at the moment, neither town or scum.

Strollingbones does appear to be town, and it interests me that Luissa voted for her.

Mertex is a puzzle. Much of the time she appears town to me, but then she says something that makes me question that.

Aye is also a puzzle. She appears town but has also caused a lot of conflict and confusion which is a scummy thing to do. Anything that keeps us from being able to come to consensus on a lynch does not help the town.

Wolfsister appears to be town. But I don't want to be swayed just because she thinks I am town.

Manifold is reading town to me. He showed good insight in game one and while he hasn't posted a lot, the posts he has put in are thoughtful and logical.

R.D. - I know Avatar suspected her in the beginning. I could still go either way on her.

One other thing I will add before I have to go for most of the day is the Rosie votes. Shaitra can add more insight based on being scum, but I find it difficult to believe scum would vote for one of there own and stick with it, even to the point of helping lynch one of their own. I can understand pointing a finger at one of their own, voting for one of their own and changing their mind, but it seems strange they would help get one of their own voted off.

Rosie was mean but I took that to be because she was scum about to be caught. The closer she got to a lynch the worse it was. And her talking about needing saving at night sealed the deal for me. She was no PR.

Take a deep breath Wolfsister. :smiliehug: I don't know the dynamics from other areas of the board but I would ignore all of it to the best of your ability. I am not unhappy with your playing style. I appreciate your comments and the fact that you are trying to figure things out.

Me too, Wolf. :smiliehug:

Sounds like you've got some running scared ;)

How about a reads list from everyone? I'll be back with mine in a bit.

Right now I lean Shaitra, Wolf, Mertex, Aye & Mani as solid town with me :D

I voted wolf first. But changed to Mebelle based on wanting to move the game towards a majority vote for lynch and the reasons for Mebelle over Mertex were solid imo. It was btwn those two at that point

Based on the others lead and everything since she outed herself as Doc she is my strongest suspect so far. If a townie, she doesn't take the game very seriously so I'm sorry to say if I'm wrong it will just be me being wrong again.

Mebelle also puts town at risk. By not seeing that also puts some on my radar

There is no way Aye and Mebelle are both mafia...no way! So Aye coming out so strong for Mebelle is nothing but overly aggressive play based on her guess, she can easily be right, but none of her "proof" sways me. Along those lines nothing she says to point the finger at anyone else sways me either.

As far as the second in line... I just don't known

Tn and Luissa are too quiet to make a claim yet

Mertex, you have to analyze the data we've been given, which is all the posts and vote choices. Just randomly guessing you should be correct one out of three times.

Okay, maybe you're right....although you don't know if those not voting for Rosie on the first day were wrong, like Luissa. On the 2nd Day , you don't know that those of us who didn't vote for Rosie were also wrong, so who do you suggest? The only thing is that enough of us have to go along to make it count. Those voting for me will be wrong, but if you all insist, go ahead...a lynch is still better than a no-lynch.

Pick someone and I'll go along and maybe WS and others will follow suit. I'm tired of being wrong.

You're a day early Mertex. The deadline is tomorrow on the 16th.

When I counted a player wrong, they either voted for the town person who was lynched, or didn't vote for scum. Players on the first day that didn't vote for Avatar were counted as being correct. So I did get Luissa calculated incorrectly, she is 1 for 3
On Day 1, those that didn't vote for Avatar and voted for Rosie didn't really know they were voting for Scum....as it turned out the next day, they did. But, also, Scum might have thrown in a vote on Avatar, for all we know.

How do I know the people who didn't vote for Rosie on the second day were wrong? Well, they didn't vote for the scum we found. It is possible that someone voted for another scum and not an innocent townie. But you have to figure that more than likely the two remaining scum did not vote for Rosie. There are still enough people and doubt on day two to hide by voting for someone else.
I would hope they wouldn't, but we don't know that for fact. After the game we can check and see how Scum voted....may be an eye opener for the next game.

If you look at game one, Avatar and I were both 0 for 4 in our voting. And we were both scum. Does that mean that scum will always be wrong all the time? No.
But that is not to say that the Scum in this game would be using the same strategy. In other games I've read that they often let one of the Scum throw in a vote for Scum, if it's a foregone conclusion that the person is going to be lynched anyway, and that takes the heat off them.

I'm not going to tell you how to vote. Who do you think is scum?

I'm not asking you to tell me who to vote for. Obviously as Town we need to work together and each one of us voting for a different person isn't going to help much. I just wanted to know who you are leaning toward....since I've not been right any of the 3 times, maybe I need to vote along with someone who has. Of course if you are voting for someone that I definitely feel are not Scum, and I've given reasons for believing that, I would be inclined not to vote for that person, but I might be persuaded with a good argument.

I posted my list of who I thought was the most suspicious to the least.....I thought for sure MeBelle/Mani were, but since no one has come out to declare they are the doctor and MeBelle keeps saying she is, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Surely Scum would not let her live beyond this coming night since she's bragged about being the doctor, unless she is Scum, but we won't find out till the day after.

Of the ones that are 0 for 3, I have to discount myself (because I know that I am not Scum), and that only leaves 3 others, R.D., MeBelle and Luissa. So, my hunch has been MeBelle, but if she's telling the truth about being the Doctor, maybe R.D. and Luissa are working together. Luissa has seemed suspicious to me, but mostly because of her lack of participation, but if you think about it, Scum doesn't have to speculate much, they know who we are, all they have to worry about is who they vote for so as to not raise suspicion.

I would be willing to switch my vote to Luissa if any of you are willing to go along. My main concern is that if Townies are each voting their own suspicions there won't be enough votes on any one person to lynch. Of those voting for me, they could both be Scum, they could both be Town, or maybe just one of them is Scum, but if one or both are Town, they are wasting their vote.

I find it funny that if you actively go after people and discuss it until you just can't discuss it anymore you must be scum. On the flip side, if you don't over analyze the shit out of it you must be scum.
I have learned to go with my first instinct. It is right most of the time. Bones has seemed like scum since I started playing. So I voted for her.
Do you want me to post five hundred times over analyzing my vote and every other vote?
I can. I see it as pointless, but I can do it.
But like I said, my profession keeps me from discussing crimes too much.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back