Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Shaitra moved from an inconsequential vote to follow my vote. That told me of a desire to stack a deal and it was done very quickly.

So, that's my reasoning for setting up by saying I wasn't going to vote for Avatar. I didn't. I voted for Rosie and now after this I've changed my vote and this early in the game?

It's valid enough for me and I also decided that logical exclusion for inconsistencies wouldn't serve me as well as the human condition would.

Since Ropey just changed his vote, Avatar is L-1, i.e., from my count he has 7 votes. If someone jumps on Avatar right now, I'd say it's a good chance they are scum, even if Avatar turns out to be scum as well.

I don't get this line of reasoning at all. You are throwing a team mate under the bus and you are outing yourself as scum. Why?

Are you guys o.k. with me hammering Avatar?

Avi-sorry, I still think you are town. I think Rosie probably is too. We are going to lynch a townie this round but I don't like someone messing around like Ropey is. We are too close to a final vote and there are too many votes on people for that kind of BS.

It ticks me off. I'd like to put a stop to it now for this round.

Yes or no? Shaitra, dblack, mani-what do you guys think? Or I guess mani or mebelle can do it if they want to.

Part of me thinks, go for it! But honestly, I do think Avatar is town this game. But the chances of any person getting lynched on the first day being town is pretty high.

Since Ropey just changed his vote, Avatar is L-1, i.e., from my count he has 7 votes. If someone jumps on Avatar right now, I'd say it's a good chance they are scum, even if Avatar turns out to be scum as well.

I don't get this line of reasoning at all. You are throwing a team mate under the bus and you are outing yourself as scum. Why?

Not at all. I'm sure the mafia is chomping at the bit to have the first night start. So unless all three have already voted for Avatar, I think it's a good bet the hammer vote is going to be mafia. I'm not 100% certain on that, but I would look at that person very closely. Hell, I was the hammer vote on at least one of the days in the first game.

And just so you know, because of the way you have played so far, if you did deliver the hammer vote, I don't think that means you are mafia.

The reason Avatar and I are being voted to lynch is that the nail that sticks out gets hammered.

This is happening to me because I answered and suggested and took a bunch of crap offa Aye, who has conveniently disappeared.

Thanks Mertex and RD. I sure hope you survive the nite for supporting Ol' Rosie.

Ropey held out but then defected. Too bad he didn't have what it took to think it thru, especially after I supported him against those who wanted him lynched.

Loyalty means so little.

I plan to tear UP the Dead Zone when I get back there.

So there.

Regards from Rosie

How can ropey defect when he never voted for me to begin with?

You were among the mob after him to lynch him.

I defended him as probably Town Bodyguard.

Joining with y'all is defection.

Bones wanted his neck snapped for the longest time and now he joins her?

Not too bright, that.

Regards from Rosie

I never voted for ropey. Please don't pretend I did

Shaitra moved from an inconsequential vote to follow my vote. That told me of a desire to stack a deal and it was done very quickly.

So, that's my reasoning for setting up by saying I wasn't going to vote for Avatar. I didn't. I voted for Rosie and now after this I've changed my vote and this early in the game?

It's valid enough for me and I also decided that logical exclusion for inconsistencies wouldn't serve me as well as the human condition would.

Really? I stated in my post that I've been gone on vacation and just finished catching up. I posted over an hour after you did. If you really think I am following your vote, you are delusional.

It's early in the game and if Avatar is done in, then you're high up on my list. If not, then I was e-wrong.

e-sue me.

:D

Ropey, We are almost at the end of day 1. Tensions are kind of high. Two people have a lot of votes on them. Switching your vote from one of them to the other is not something I am appreciating at all right now.

I didn't vote for Avatar, you did. So how is it going to be my fault if you are wrong? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Ropey, We are almost at the end of day 1. Tensions are kind of high. Two people have a lot of votes on them. Switching your vote from one of them to the other is not something I am appreciating at all right now.

It's an e-game.

Come on, it's not even as important as the flame zone and that's not very important. So, then it's a roll maybe.

A bit thuggish maybe too.

:)

I didn't vote for Avatar, you did. So how is it going to be my fault if you are wrong? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It's not going to be your fault. It will simply have me looking closely in your direction for the next scum.

It's an e-game.

Come on, it's not even as important as the flame zone and that's not very important. So, then it's a roll maybe.

A bit thuggish maybe too.

:)

You are right of course. This is just a game. I need more sleep maybe. :D

It's not going to be your fault. It will simply have me looking closely in your direction for the next scum.

That still doesn't make sense. You are going off a feeling that I voted too closely after you? Even though it was more than an hour after your vote? Coming up with flimsy excuses for your vote definitely makes you look scummy.

That still doesn't make sense. You are going off a feeling that I voted too closely after you? Even though it was more than an hour after your vote? Coming up with flimsy excuses for your vote definitely makes you look scummy.

I agree

Shaitra, if Avatar is taken out, then we'll know soon enough anyway and if he isn't and is found to be townie, then we move on and I'll be more careful to listen to you.

It occurs to me that it's quite possible that neither I nor Rosie are scum. If that's the case look at those giving us false dichotomies. Just a suggestion in case I die

Hmm... that might explain the relatively aggressive attacks on both of you. Given that there's really not much to go on.

I.e. the scrum will egg us on if we're lynching our own.

So going with that line of thinking, who's leading the charge for both? Mertex seems to be the one pushing for Avatar the most and I will need to go back and review to see who was pushing Rosie.

Something else to think about. Last game when Avatar and I were the scum, I tried not to interact with him that much or respond to his posts because I didn't want to make it look like we were a team. That was not something we ever really talked about, it was just a strategy of mine. If someone who is scum this game is thinking like I was, it might be good to see who is ignoring whom.

Why do you keep saying I'm pushing for Avatar. I believe Avatar is scum and I have voted for him, but I haven't been encouraging anyone to vote for him, just because I want a vote that counts. When WS voted for Luissa and it was the only vote for Luissa, what good was that going to do?

You, on the other hand, have been voting right behind Avatar. He voted for R.D. and immediately you hard voted for R.D. When he changed his vote for Rosie, you were on vacation, but now that you come back you decide to vote just like Avatar. So, that seems a tad questionable.

When I was responding to WS about her vote, I'm sorry that she took it personally, but I was just frustrated with all the wishy-washiness of changing the vote and making it for someone that doesn't count, to me a no-vote is as good as a vote for someone that doesn't have anyone else behind them. If you all see that as attacking, then I'm sorry, I'm just expressing my opinion.

I agree

The "if" just gained weight.

Hmm... that might explain the relatively aggressive attacks on both of you. Given that there's really not much to go on.

I.e. the scrum will egg us on if we're lynching our own.

So going with that line of thinking, who's leading the charge for both? Mertex seems to be the one pushing for Avatar the most and I will need to go back and review to see who was pushing Rosie.

Something else to think about. Last game when Avatar and I were the scum, I tried not to interact with him that much or respond to his posts because I didn't want to make it look like we were a team. That was not something we ever really talked about, it was just a strategy of mine. If someone who is scum this game is thinking like I was, it might be good to see who is ignoring whom.

Why do you keep saying I'm pushing for Avatar. I believe Avatar is scum and I have voted for him, but I haven't been encouraging anyone to vote for him, just because I want a vote that counts. When WS voted for Luissa and it was the only vote for Luissa, what good was that going to do?

You, on the other hand, have been voting right behind Avatar. He voted for R.D. and immediately you hard voted for R.D. When he changed his vote for Rosie, you were on vacation, but now that you come back you decide to vote just like Avatar. So, that seems a tad questionable.

When I was responding to WS about her vote, I'm sorry that she took it personally, but I was just frustrated with all the wishy-washiness of changing the vote and making it for someone that doesn't count, to me a no-vote is as good as a vote for someone that doesn't have anyone else behind them. If you all see that as attacking, then I'm sorry, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Mertex-I should never have taken anything in this game personally. This is a game. For fun.

Forum List

Back