Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Hmm, Manifold jumps on the Ropey wagon, while Ropey doesn't seem to concerned that he's being targeted. Jumping on someone early for no good reason is definitely scummy while Ropey's lack of concern reads slightly town.

Actually, you kind of talked me into voting for Ropey first. I figure we have to lynch someone to get the ball rolling and he's as good a candidate as any. On the other hand I'm also wondering how much of an advantage would we be giving the mafia if we didn't lynch anybody on day one? Obviously less of an advantage than if we lynch a townie, but we also sacrifice an opportunity to really turn the tables in favor of the town should we manage to guess right and lynch scum.

I don't like this post. Why would any townie suggest a no lynch on the first day? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Wake said this generally does not benefit town. AND, it gives scum a free night kill. True, that could be blocked but why would town take that chance? Scum knows who they are, town doesn't. So all this does is give a much higher chance for the mafia to take someone out and no chance for town to take out scum.

manifold is now suspicious to me

As a gentle reminder folks, please do not PM one another to talk about this game while it's still going. All game communication happens either in our game thread, or in Scum QT. Anywhere else gives an unfair advantage. Please do not respond to this post, either. Thanks.

Hmm, Manifold jumps on the Ropey wagon, while Ropey doesn't seem to concerned that he's being targeted. Jumping on someone early for no good reason is definitely scummy while Ropey's lack of concern reads slightly town.

Actually, you kind of talked me into voting for Ropey first. I figure we have to lynch someone to get the ball rolling and he's as good a candidate as any. On the other hand I'm also wondering how much of an advantage would we be giving the mafia if we didn't lynch anybody on day one? Obviously less of an advantage than if we lynch a townie, but we also sacrifice an opportunity to really turn the tables in favor of the town should we manage to guess right and lynch scum.

I don't like this post. Why would any townie suggest a no lynch on the first day? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Wake said this generally does not benefit town. AND, it gives scum a free night kill. True, that could be blocked but why would town take that chance? Scum knows who they are, town doesn't. So all this does is give a much higher chance for the mafia to take someone out and no chance for town to take out scum.

manifold is now suspicious to me

A townie WILL die tonight But the chances of us lynching one favors the mafia, short of dumb luck at this point we hand the mafia a free kill.

Maybe R.D. the chances of lynching a townie on the first day are higher than scum BUT if we get lucky and get a scum, that is so much more helpful to town. And scum, unless blocked, is going to kill a good guy regardless. Town can be helped by the first lynch to see how folks voted and why and look at those posts for clues.

Anyone that tries to push for a no-lynch on the first day raises a red flag as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe R.D. the chances of lynching a townie on the first day are higher than scum BUT if we get lucky and get a scum, that is so much more helpful to town. And scum, unless blocked, is going to kill a good guy regardless. Town can be helped by the first lynch to see how folks voted and why and look at those posts for clues.

Anyone that tries to push for a no-lynch on the first day raises a red flag as far as I'm concerned.

I agree

I'm not sure equating infrequent posting with guilt makes much sense. It's useful for provoking participation, and hopefully mistakes, but I suspect the scum will go out of their way to portray themselves as 'concerned citizens'.

Is it me or are there alot of silent people?

Yes, there are a few.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]

Can you check and confirm that a pm was sent to strollingbones as well?

Thank you!

Can you check and confirm to see if a pm was sent to dblack regarding the start of the game?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...game-2-enter-the-godfather-7.html#post9120227

He just posted

I think ACSU is referring to my late start. I didn't realize the game thread had been opened, so didn't start posting until this morning. I was assuming a PM announcing that a quorum had been reached and the game launched. I'm not sure if that is the standard practice or not.

You should get a PM asking if you are in an another one with your role PM and then you confirm with your role PM and win condition. Wake starts the game when 10 or more confirm. dblack-he said he couldn't PM you. Your PM's might be turned off.

Can you check and confirm to see if a pm was sent to dblack regarding the start of the game?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...game-2-enter-the-godfather-7.html#post9120227

He just posted

I think ACSU is referring to my late start. I didn't realize the game thread had been opened, so didn't start posting until this morning. I was assuming a PM announcing that a quorum had been reached and the game launched. I'm not sure if that is the standard practice or not.

Correct. Wake posted that everyone involved had been sent PM's. I'd like him to confirm that.

You should get a PM asking if you are in an another one with your role PM and then you confirm with your role PM and win condition. Wake starts the game when 10 or more confirm. dblack-he said he couldn't PM you. Your PM's might be turned off.

No, because I got, and confirmed, the pm with my role. I just didn't subscribe to this thread, and didn't know it had been unlocked.

Forum List

Back