Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

That sucks, we lost the jailkeeper. This game just got a whole lot tougher.

Thank you Grandma for any protection you gave the town. RIP Grandma

She was gunning for mebelle until sameech flamed out so my first instinct is to vote for mebelle.

It could be a ploy by scum to make that obvious so we go for mebelle instead of one of them.

I think it would be a great idea if you are the cop and just by luck got a guilty verdict to let us know so we can lynch that person BUT don't lie because you will be caught and then YOU will die.

I have to review Grandma's posts closely and a few others also.

The Cop should "come out" as soon as they get a "Guilty". We'll then know who the Roleblocker is, and since the only one left will the Godfather, and the Godfather can't be detected by the Cop anyway, there's no reason for the Cop to stay hidden. We'll lynch the RB and then whittle away until we get the GF.

I'm not sure on MaBelle. Outing herself could have been a novice townie blunder. But then it could have been a novice scum ploy as well.

On day 3 I said we should focus on those who didn't vote for Rosie. So far I haven't seen any good reason to alter that focus.

I'm going to go back and re-read Grandma's posts, but right now my leading suspects are MeBelle, R.D., Mertex and Luissa. With MeBelle out to an early lead.

Also, and want to approach this 'delicately', but we should probably look through sameech's posts carefully. I still think that, despite his diplomatic failures, he was a skilled player and we should pay attention to his advice.

That's what kind of stinks is because Grandma was killed instead of lynched so she can't tell us anything. And sameech's death didn't tell us crap.

I think mebelle is the obvious vote, Grandma was pushing hard for her and mebelle can start singing if she gets to 5. A bold move is needed.

manifold and dblack have moved up as possible suspects now, mani could be playing us all for fools and dblack has been too quiet even if he's busy

Shaitra and Bones are town for sure or I might as well quit now.

Still suspicious of Luissa, Mertex, and RD but only mildly. I think there are better prospects.

Vote : mebelle60

Also, and want to approach this 'delicately', but we should probably look through sameech's posts carefully. I still think that, despite his diplomatic failures, he was a skilled player and we should pay attention to his advice.

Yeah, well, he was targeting me, and that's not very clever, because I'm Townie all the way. Pick me and you'll just be doing Scum (which you might very well be part of) a favor.

Sameech imploded without being helpful at all. Most his advice was just bowing smoke.

Yeah, well, he was targeting me, and that's not very clever, because I'm Townie all the way. Pick me and you'll just be doing Scum (which you might very well be part of) a favor.

Maybe. Maybe not. Frankly, everyone who piled on Sameech has some suspicion to bear, because -

A) the Scum new he was town, and ...
B) they knew he was good at the game.

I'm even looking closely at who was working the hardest to provoke him.

Sameech imploded without being helpful at all. Most his advice was just bowing smoke.

I don't agree. With the exception of being wrong about Rosie, and me for that matter, most of his observations on strategy were spot on. I don't want to take up his cause (or suffer his fate), but his analysis wasn't as "off" as his attitude.

... dblack has been too quiet even if he's busy

To be honest, even if I wasn't busy, I probably wouldn't be posting a lot more. I especially wouldn't be getting bogged down in all the flaming. Stirring up trouble and paranoia is scummy. Indulging it is playing their game.

To be honest, even if I wasn't busy, I probably wouldn't be posting a lot more. I especially wouldn't be getting bogged down in all the flaming. Stirring up trouble and paranoia is scummy. Indulging it is playing their game.

Not really, it's part of the game. And the biggest flamer was sameech who you and mani wouldn't vote for even though he flamed out and insulted everyone and wanted out. He even said he wanted out.

So to set him up as this great player and to look at one of us now, is possible behind the scenes planning.

sameech was suspicious of Mertex, Bones, and ACSY-not my top 3 right now. Although Mertex constantly saying she's townie over and over and how wrong we would be to vote for her does make me wonder why she is protesting so loudly.

Not really, it's part of the game. And the biggest flamer was sameech who you and mani wouldn't vote for even though he flamed out and insulted everyone and wanted out. He even said he wanted out.

So to set him up as this great player and to look at one of us now, is possible behind the scenes planning.

sameech was my second choice after MeBelle even before he flamed out. As it turned out he was town all along so I would've been wrong just like everybody else, but I definitely would've switched my vote to him had he not already been hammered (+2).

So we've had two meltdowns now, one mafia, one townie, for whatever that's worth.

Really? You're going to hold it against me because I didn't join the mob to lynch a townie?? Listen, the reason most of you voted for sameech is because he was unbearable prick. I get that. And that's fine as far as it goes. But it's not 'part of the game'.

We got off to a great start, but if we let paranoia and in-fighting muck up the works, we can still lose.

Really? You're going to hold it against me because I didn't join the mob to lynch a townie?? Listen, the reason most of you voted for sameech is because he was unbearable prick. I get that. And that's fine as far as it goes. But it's not 'part of the game'.

We got off to a great start, but if we let paranoia and in-fighting muck up the works, we can still lose.

I voted for him due to his switch to die for Mebelle without offering any excuse other than insults. One one hand he suspected her, he questioned her reasons then fell on his sword with nothing but contempt and ego driven rants as a reason. His hero play threw suspicion on Mebelle

The reason I voted for him, besides wanting out of the game, was that I was certain he was either the VT he claimed, or the roleblocker throwing out all kinds of smoke and confusing everyone and then trying to piss them off. That was Rosie's gambit. Try to make everyone mad. I wasn't certain he was scum but I was certain he needed to go regardless. He sealed his own fate and he screwed the rest of us because we learn next to nothing from his death.

As a gentle reminder in addition to the edited OP, officially claiming to break the rules is the same as breaking the rules. Please don't do this to psyche other players out. This is different from the general shenanigans of lying Scum, etc.

Vote count 4.1 will be up tomorrow morning or sooner, as life permits.
:D

Forum List

Back