Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

OK, I've been re-reading things and I'm going to put a vote in.

Vote: Mertex

Okay, don't say I didn't warn you enough times. Wolfsister thinks I'm saying it too much, (that I'm Town) but apparently some aren't hearing it.

I'm not going to have a meltdown over it, but you are not paying attention to the clues.
MeBelle claimed to have a PR role and never did disclose....she's playing us well.

Well, I have to say, for the first time in the game, I am truly stumped. I certainly hope more people give their input. If everyone stays silent or barely posts, it will make it that much more difficult.

Just got home from work.

I'll go over a few things later, if time allows, and post something tonight or in the morning.

No need to panic yet, since it was only about 5 hours ago we found out mafia got a hit in.

I think we're on the same page in believing there is scum to be found among the 4 non-Rosie voters, but why do you suspect Mertex more than MeBelle at this point? In fact, I'd rank them in the following order from most suspicious to least: MeBelle, Luissa, R.D., Mertex.

I agree with mebelle: She hammered Avi, did not vote for Rosie, Grandma was going hard for her, she outed herself and a PR, did not answer questions about this and instead deflected, and the biggest red flag is she wasn't a NK for scum. Why wouldn't they off her for saying she's a protector? But they did off Grandma who gunned for mebelle and never outed herself.

These are my reasons for mebelle.

If someone has reasons for Mertex or anyone else, I'd love to hear it.

Isn't it very important at ths point for Mebelle to prove she is the Doc - or not?
Thats the other PR left she claimed to be? Sniff sniff, RIP Gandma.

I am just tired of guessing wrong at every vote, now we can have something solid to work with

Mebelle should answer for herself for sure and not deflect like last time, if she does that again, then that would seal it for me for voting for her. Mostly she's been defensive.

The more I ponder this and look over where Grandma was pushing her, the more I think it is a possibility she's guilty. I'd be willing to look elsewhere with enough evidence/convincing.

I don't think we should let Grandma's death shake our confidence and instead listen to each other and work together and see what we can come up with.

Scum would love to see us shaken up. Think about it, they lost Rosie right away and lost 2 chances for a NK.

The odds were in their favor to get one of us sooner or later and with so many PR still alive, the odds were strong they'd get one of them. Let's not let it get us down or they win.

We'll figure this out. Everyone has to look for clues and give input. You don't have to post all the time, but you do have to participate and make it meaningful if we are to win. At least the 8 remaining townies do.

I think we're on the same page in believing there is scum to be found among the 4 non-Rosie voters, but why do you suspect Mertex more than MeBelle at this point? In fact, I'd rank them in the following order from most suspicious to least: MeBelle, Luissa, R.D., Mertex.

Why please?

Thank You

Why please?

Thank You

Mertex is the least suspicious of the four to me because she is playing pretty much exactly the same way she played the first game and she was a townie then. She's been very aggressive and while that had me very suspicious of her in game one, it makes me suspect her less now that I know she plays that way as a townie. If she were mafia, I'd expect her to at least try to reign that in a little. I see no such effort whatsoever. :)

MeBelle tops my list for the same reason she tops yours. Outing herself as a protector PR and then going silent has mafia written all over it.

Luissa continues to try to slide by without tripping any alarms. IMO, townies are generally more interested in figuring out who is mafia than they are not getting lynched. She doesn't seem all too interested in figuring anything out.

R.D. seems to be riding Mertex' coattails to some degree while at the same time hiding in her shadow. But that only makes her slightly more suspicious than Mertex IMO, since she too is playing more or less the same way she played game one.

Excuse me...I tried to change my vote from Avatar4321 to Rosie during the first lynching, while waiting on a rules clarification.

Mebelle should answer for herself for sure and not deflect like last time,

if she does that again, then that would seal it for me for voting for her. Mostly she's been defensive.

The more I ponder this and look over where Grandma was pushing her, the more I think it is a possibility she's guilty. I'd be willing to look elsewhere with enough evidence/convincing.

I don't think we should let Grandma's death shake our confidence and instead listen to each other and work together and see what we can come up with.

Scum would love to see us shaken up. Think about it, they lost Rosie right away and lost 2 chances for a NK.

The odds were in their favor to get one of us sooner or later and with so many PR still alive, the odds were strong they'd get one of them. Let's not let it get us down or they win.

We'll figure this out. Everyone has to look for clues and give input. You don't have to post all the time, but you do have to participate and make it meaningful if we are to win. At least the 8 remaining townies do.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] There you go AGAIN! I have always responded to accusations.
You, on the other hand, have not responded to my responses.
Being accused over and over again even after I have responded makes you look suspicious

What makes you look even more suspicious to me @ this point is the last line in your above post
... At least the 8 remaining townies do.

Why please?

Thank You

Mertex is the least suspicious of the four to me because she is playing pretty much exactly the same way she played the first game and she was a townie then. She's been very aggressive and while that had me very suspicious of her in game one, it makes me suspect her less now that I know she plays that way as a townie. If she were mafia, I'd expect her to at least try to reign that in a little. I see no such effort whatsoever. :)

MeBelle tops my list for the same reason she tops yours. Outing herself as a protector PR and then going silent has mafia written all over it.

Luissa continues to try to slide by without tripping any alarms. IMO, townies are generally more interested in figuring out who is mafia than they are not getting lynched. She doesn't seem all too interested in figuring anything out.

R.D. seems to be riding Mertex' coattails to some degree while at the same time hiding in her shadow. But that only makes her slightly more suspicious than Mertex IMO, since she too is playing more or less the same way she played game one.

Same for you [MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]

Going silent? :eusa_hand: lame attempt to cover your @ss.

I am a very busy person irl.

If you want to hold rl against me, go for it.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,932
User Name Posts

Wolfsister77 292
strollingbones 212
Mertex 209
R.D. 149
AyeCantSeeYou 117
Shaitra 105
dblack 76
manifold 68
RosieS 61
MeBelle60 47
Luissa 39

^^Players left^^
~~~~
sameech 98
Grandma 83
Ropey 69
Wake 61
CaféAuLait 7

Well shit! Why would anyone go after Grandma?

This is why scum went after Grandma:

I also said that I have no idea who the bodyguard is. It could be a body guard play. There are lots of options there I am not willing to gamble on. Sometimes what is not said can be informative too if you use your brain.

There's no need for a bodyguard play right now.

Grandma is not the bodyguard. She was the jailkeeper. Just a correction here. Carry on.

Mebelle should answer for herself for sure and not deflect like last time,

if she does that again, then that would seal it for me for voting for her. Mostly she's been defensive.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] There you go AGAIN! I have always responded to accusations.
You, on the other hand, have not responded to my responses.
Being accused over and over again even after I have responded makes you look suspicious

What makes you look even more suspicious to me @ this point is the last line in your above post
... At least the 8 remaining townies do.

Same for you [MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]

Going silent? :eusa_hand: lame attempt to cover your @ss.

I am a very busy person irl.

If you want to hold rl against me, go for it.

It has nothing to do with your personal life and it is nothing personal. You outed yourself as a protector. Many times you have been asked why or to clarify in some way. Grandma asked you, mani asked you, I asked you, Mertex brought it up, RD brought it up. I can't sit here and ask the same thing over and over. It's not productive. It's like pulling teeth. I don't really know what else to say about that.

And you didn't ask why that line made you suspicious but if you think I don't answer you, here goes: There are 10 left alive, 2 are scum. So at least the 8 remaining townies have to work together here.

Being busy may be working against you. Not because busy people shouldn't play but because you are missing things like Grandma being the Jailkeeper and not the bodyguard or missing a question we've asked you many times. I know you are a smart player so this is weird.

Who Posted?
User Name Posts

Wolfsister77 292
strollingbones 212
Mertex 209
R.D. 149
AyeCantSeeYou 117
Shaitra 105
dblack 76
manifold 68
RosieS 61
MeBelle60 47
Luissa 39

^^Players left^^
~~~~
sameech 98
Grandma 83
Ropey 69
Wake 61
CaféAuLait 7

I know you think I talk too much. Others do too. I really don't know how else you play the game. Especially when you are new and figuring it out. How else do you get clues, share input, ask and answer questions, and vote for people. I can easily shut up and move on to something else besides this game. Just vote for me and get 5 other people to go along. Or if you are scum, kill me off overnight. Problem solved.

My post count should be at 295 now. Just for the record.

Post # 296

Town: In order of strongest town vibe to least strongest-Shaitra, Bones, Manifold, ACSY

Possible Scum: In order of most to least suspicious-mebelle60, Luissa, RD, Mertex, dblack

I've given my vote. I've given my input for the Day 4.

@ me if you need anything further from me and I'll come back.

Have fun!!

Who Posted?
User Name Posts

Wolfsister77 292
strollingbones 212
Mertex 209
R.D. 149
AyeCantSeeYou 117
Shaitra 105
dblack 76
manifold 68
RosieS 61
MeBelle60 47
Luissa 39

^^Players left^^
~~~~
sameech 98
Grandma 83
Ropey 69
Wake 61
CaféAuLait 7

I know you think I talk too much. Others do too. I really don't know how else you play the game. Especially when you are new and figuring it out. How else do you get clues, share input, ask and answer questions, and vote for people. I can easily shut up and move on to something else besides this game. Just vote for me and get 5 other people to go along. Or if you are scum, kill me off overnight. Problem solved.

My post count should be at 295 now. Just for the record.

I'm the one that talks too much.....:) The way I look at it, Scum isn't going to do much talking because 1) they are afraid of slipping up and saying something that will do them in like Moonglow did in game 1. 2) They find it difficult to communicate as Townie knowing full well they are Scum.

That's why MeBelle, dblack and even Luissa seem suspicious.

I guess it could be possible that SB could be Scum and is playing so damn well that she was able to pull that "for Avi - anti Rosie" and make us think she was Townie, but I really don't think she would think like that. Hope I'm not surprised at the end.

I had been suspicious of MeBelle from the start and ended up changing my vote. This time I'm not going to change it...hope I'm right, I'm tired of being wrong.

One of the things I have noticed is Mertex is causing a lot of confusion at different points in the game. It seems like every time someone gets suspicious of her, she calms down, which makes everyone less suspicious. Also, she is constantly claiming to be town. I don't see anyone else making that statement as much as she is.

Forum List

Back