Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

and what is the 'vest' you have brought up several times?

@Wake
@Mertex

Vote: Mertex

She needs to tell us if she used her human shield ability last night, and on who. There's no reason to hide it at this point.

Using it is scummy, period.

It denies town info and prevents a possible townie from being able to defend themselves.

Bad theft = poor judgment, not necessarily scummy.

Refusal to claim who she used it on = Maybe she didn't! If she has a protector PR, she's more valuable to us alive than tritely blowing a one shot ability that will likely kill her. You should know that, Ms. Experienced Gamer.

You got nothin'.

So you're lying.

Vote: ScarletRage

I have plenty for a top scumread. Her play is inconsistent with a PR looking to lie low. She notoriusly steals an ability. Plus if she was, she would steal immunity not shield.

How can Mertex "let" Rosie die if she can't protect her, scum?
I don't think all the quotes I wanted showed up here, darn it!

House, the biggest part of your argument with SR is she believes the shield could have protected Rosie and you are insisting that it could not. The Wiki definition is talking about the doctor's protection for the cop and that the macho modifier renders the doctor's protection useless. It does not say all protective abilities won't work.

Uh, that's actually exactly what it says.

Macho is a role modifier that prevents players from being protected from kills in any way.

Clarification: Mertex was forced to use her special ability, which granted her a 1-Shot Bodyguard/Meat Shield ability (this allows a player to guard another, to take a bullet to defend their target). Any player granted a 1-Shot Night ability thanks to a special ability is not forced to activate that Night Ability. It can be held for later use.

Clarification: Mertex was forced to use her special ability, which granted her a 1-Shot Bodyguard/Meat Shield ability (this allows a player to guard another, to take a bullet to defend their target). Any player granted a 1-Shot Night ability thanks to a special ability is not forced to activate that Night Ability. It can be held for later use.

It works like the Jailers keys then? The player she targets can choose when to be protected?

@Wake

Does using shield stop a kill from hitting a Macho cop?

It works like the Jailers keys then? The player she targets can choose when to be protected?
Yes. It is nerfed though as Mertex takes yhe place of the intended victim.

If a player were to guard someone targeted by an icy or fiery blast, that person would take the blast and die, while the original target would live.

No, I think it means she didn't have to shield anyone last night which is why she's not telling us who she shielded.

If a player were to guard someone targeted by an icy or fiery blast, that person would take the blast and die, while the original target would live.
This sounds to me like Rosie would be alive and Mertex dead if she had used the shield on Rosie.

No, I think it means she didn't have to shield anyone last night which is why she's not telling us who she shielded.
That explanation cannot work as Mertex insistsshe used it.

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to make of that, to be honest. lol

She was forced to use her ability, but not to actually target anyone with it?

Wake just confirmed not forced. Using it on her scumbuddy has the same effect as no use.

House, why were you annoyed by my "lies" but not Grandma's? When Grandma "lied" according to Mertex, you said "Everyone lies"? But you immediately vote me for "Lying". In factyour case is largely I lied.

I caught you dead in the middle of yours, and they have just piled up since then.

The whole Grandma/Mertex thing comes across as more of a cat fight to me than anything else. I have a town read on Mertex and will laugh heartily when she flips town and everybody loses their shit.

Wake just confirmed not forced. Using it on her scumbuddy has the same effect as no use.

@Mertex

Can you offer any explanation for your actions last night?

I'd like to see you offer a defense if I'm going to withdraw my vote.

If Mertex is not firescum, I would say Aye. Grandma seems pretty town. I cannot see any townie scumreading Grandma given the wildly discrepant tones.

If Mertex firescum
Mertex fire
House/Mathblade as icescum (Mathblade being the weaker read). TN to fill in here.
Avatar/Sameech (provided Sameech picks the last answer) if he doesn't then TN would be likely here.

If Mertex is ice scum then

Mertex plus one of Math/House as her partner, stronglean House
Avatar/Sammech as fire scum with Aye/Grandma (provided Sammech picks option 4). If he doesn't then TN as second fire scum.

If Mertex is town...(I do not see how this is given her implications of use but no share)

House/Mathblade/TN/Avatar/Sameech should house the scums.

I cannot rule out scumSameech trying to save scumMertex.

OMGUS is delicious.

Forum List

Back