Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

I could see one of them being scum. Heck, I could see them both being scum on separate teams. but I am really finding it unlikely that both scum members end up in the same hood. I suppose it's not impossible. But I am not at all persuaded by the argument.

Why not?

If 2 from different teams can be in the same neighborhood, it's entirely conceivable than 2 from the same team can also be neighbors.

That actually limits that team's intel gathering, as they have less townies to analyze and discuss in their collaborative area.

I don't think grandma should be on the table btw - I find her as a scum pick as well but a scum pick that can be lynched tomorrow when she does not have immunity if enough of us agree to lynch her.

I don't understand. What does Grandma having immunity from NK have to do with lynching her? She is Scum, she's not going to be NK by her own team. Surely the other Scum team is not that obtuse to try and NK her knowing she has immunity.

Her interaction with Rosie in the neighborhood leaves me wondering if she and Grandma are one of the Scum Teams. There's an awful lot of trust between them (in the neighborhood) that I find questionable. If Grandma thinks I'm Scum and Rosie and her are sharing information they wouldn't share out here, why would they trust to share it in front of me in the neighborhood? Something doesn't add up.

If you have objections to those we are talking about being Scum in the neighborhood, talk about it there.

You are not on that list, so Idk wtf are you bitching about?

What kind of scummy post is this?

Regards from Rosie

Rosie, I'm not talking about who you and Grandma are discussing as being Scum. I'm talking about you and Grandma's willingness to share information about your roles in the game that would make you a target to me and Aye if we were Scum. I think that is odd for a Townie to do so.

Even odder is complaining here INSTEAD of there.

Wolfie - take note that I said Mertex is acting oddly as to the neighborhood.

You wanted to know.

Regards from Rosie

I don't think grandma should be on the table btw - I find her as a scum pick as well but a scum pick that can be lynched tomorrow when she does not have immunity if enough of us agree to lynch her.

I don't understand. What does Grandma having immunity from NK have to do with lynching her? She is Scum, she's not going to be NK by her own team. Surely the other Scum team is not that obtuse to try and NK her knowing she has immunity.

Her interaction with Rosie in the neighborhood leaves me wondering if she and Grandma are one of the Scum Teams. There's an awful lot of trust between them (in the neighborhood) that I find questionable. If Grandma thinks I'm Scum and Rosie and her are sharing information they wouldn't share out here, why would they trust to share it in front of me in the neighborhood? Something doesn't add up.

And if they are scum together why would they be talking in the neighborhood in front of you and Aye instead of in whatever scum chat they have?

I'm sure they are talking in their Scum QT. The only reason they would do that in the neighborhood is to make me and Aye trust that they are both Town, and maybe open up about any roles we may have. I wouldn't share anything in the neighborhood that I'm not sharing here in the open game thread. That's why I find it questionable.

Would you share your role in the neighborhood if you were Town?

I could see one of them being scum. Heck, I could see them both being scum on separate teams. but I am really finding it unlikely that both scum members end up in the same hood. I suppose it's not impossible. But I am not at all persuaded by the argument.

And I can understand your position. It's all about trust. If you don't trust me now, perhaps you will trust what I'm saying when it's all laid out and it's still not too late for Town to win.

Why not?

If 2 from different teams can be in the same neighborhood, it's entirely conceivable than 2 from the same team can also be neighbors.

That actually limits that team's intel gathering, as they have less townies to analyze and discuss in their collaborative area.

Because I think it's statistically unlikely.

Why not?

Okay, so how are players chosen for neighborhoods? Roll of the dice> Randomizer script? Arbitrary selection?

Not being argumentative, just curious how these things work.

If there's a randomizer script or dice roll involved, then I can understand your logic. If arbitrary selection is involved, anything goes.

I think Wake would not put both scum in the same neighborhood together from the same team. They already have daytalk and their own QT. This is too much of an advantage to pit them against two townies. I can see one scum from each team in a hood with two town. Or one scum with three town. Or I can even see the possibility of an all town hood which is where I am leaning with mine although no one can ever be 100% sure on anyone's alignment.

We did share abilities but not right away. It was after awhile that we discussed it, particularly mine was a hot topic.

And if they are scum together why would they be talking in the neighborhood in front of you and Aye instead of in whatever scum chat they have?

I'm sure they are talking in their Scum QT. The only reason they would do that in the neighborhood is to make me and Aye trust that they are both Town, and maybe open up about any roles we may have. I wouldn't share anything in the neighborhood that I'm not sharing here in the open game thread. That's why I find it questionable.

Would you share your role in the neighborhood if you were Town?

And I can understand your position. It's all about trust. If you don't trust me now, perhaps you will trust what I'm saying when it's all laid out and it's still not too late for Town to win.

It isn't about trust. I just dont think it's at all probable. granted im doing the statistics in my head. but it just seems very unlikely.

I think Wake would not put both scum in the same neighborhood together from the same team. They already have daytalk and their own QT. This is too much of an advantage to pit them against two townies. I can see one scum from each team in a hood with two town. Or one scum with three town. Or I can even see the possibility of an all town hood which is where I am leaning with mine although no one can ever be 100% sure on anyone's alignment.

We did share abilities but not right away. It was after awhile that we discussed it, particularly mine was a hot topic.

Abilities, yes, Roles no.

That's because yours was one of the top abilities that have been discussed or used.

Why not?

Okay, so how are players chosen for neighborhoods? Roll of the dice> Randomizer script? Arbitrary selection?

Not being argumentative, just curious how these things work.

If there's a randomizer script or dice roll involved, then I can understand your logic. If arbitrary selection is involved, anything goes.

Wake could probably clarify but i am fairly certain it's randomized.

Why not?

But the probability of Mertex's paranoia getting way outta hand is < 50%.

She is alienating her erstwhile allies and lashing out wildly.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Mertex.

Regards from Rosie

Abilities, yes, Roles no.

Right, that would be bad to share. Mani told me he was VT in game 3 right away and I brought that straight to the scum QT as soon as I could. So, this should not be shared. I get confused because the abilities seem so much like roles this game.

If you have objections to those we are talking about being Scum in the neighborhood, talk about it there.

You are not on that list, so Idk wtf are you bitching about?

What kind of scummy post is this?

Regards from Rosie

Rosie, I'm not talking about who you and Grandma are discussing as being Scum. I'm talking about you and Grandma's willingness to share information about your roles in the game that would make you a target to me and Aye if we were Scum. I think that is odd for a Townie to do so.

Even odder is complaining here INSTEAD of there.

Wolfie - take note that I said Mertex is acting oddly as to the neighborhood.

You wanted to know.

Regards from Rosie

If you want to consider acting oddly that I wasn't eager to share my role in the game, like you, well go ahead. You yourself said Grandma lied about me not wanting to share my ability. Did you do that just to distance yourself from Grandma? That would make sense.

I think you and Grandma are the ones that are acting oddly/Scummy in the neighborhood....unless everyone in the game agrees that everyone in a neighborhood should just accept that their neighbors are Town just because they say they are Town.

You and Grandma are not new players, you know better than that.

I have no idea how we were picked for the neighborhoods. I'm not going to assume anything. I'm just telling you what has been going on.

I know the difference between roles and abilities. Grandma already tried to make me out Scum by lying about me not sharing my ability.

And that is exactly why I'm saying this. Would a Townie reveal their "role" in a neighborhood without being 100% sure that everyone was Town? Especially when two of the neighbors are accusing one another of being Scum? Would you?

[

I know the difference between roles and abilities. Grandma already tried to make me out Scum by lying about me not sharing my ability.

And that is exactly why I'm saying this. Would a Townie reveal their "role" in a neighborhood without being 100% sure that everyone was Town? Especially when two of the neighbors are accusing one another of being Scum? Would you?

Never, but so many abilities act like role-ex. the Jail Keys, Meat Shield, etc. that it makes it confusing to say the least. No, I explained already in an earlier post that I would not share this in a hood because finding out Mani was a VT in game 3 was useful info. for scum in that game.

I have no idea how we were picked for the neighborhoods. I'm not going to assume anything. I'm just telling you what has been going on.

I wouldnt

[

Never, but so many abilities act like role-ex. the Jail Keys, Meat Shield, etc. that it makes it confusing to say the least. No, I explained already in an earlier post that I would not share this in a hood because finding out Mani was a VT in game 3 was useful info. for scum in that game.

Of course, a clever townie could lie about this to give scum the incorrect info.

[

Of course, a clever townie could lie about this to give scum the incorrect info.

And then be targeted for a policy lynch when the truth came out?

Why not?

But the probability of Mertex's paranoia getting way outta hand is < 50%.

She is alienating her erstwhile allies and lashing out wildly.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Mertex.

Regards from Rosie

Too late for that.
haha.gif

Forum List

Back