Official USMB Mafia Game #8: Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls! (Oh my!)

Certainly a third Scumteam member is not a good thing for Town, but in the case of the Vampire, it's nearly useless for Scum.

The Vampire has Night Talk in the QT, but no kill powers, and he/she cannot Endgame on his/her own:

If recruited, you will have Night Talk with the Ghouls, and if both Ghouls are lynched, you commit Suicide.
Investigation results on you will always return Town.
Win Condition:
Your win condition depends upon your alignment at the end of the game.
If not targeted for a Night Kill, your alignment and win condition is Town - You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
If recruited by the Ghouls, you win when the Ghouls obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occuring.

I am unsure if I see the vampire being totally "useless to scum" TBH, it gives scum one more in numbers to outnumber us for a win and one more person trying to confuse us, wagon and vote for lynches with scum and create havoc and distrust amongst us.
I will conditionally agree with the plan as long as long as it is not altered to help us Townies..lose, since the one making the plan has not been identified..in their role..

????

I don't understand how it can be altered Moon. SK claims, our head doc cures. I don't get how it could hurt us at all.
In these games I have seen several 180 degree turns in a very short amount of time...

Sounding pretty scummy, Avatar.

1) Everything we do to undermine scum helps town.
2) Preventing scum from recruiting another member undermines scum.
3) Lynching the vampire is more productive than mislynching a townie.
4) Much of day one is going to recruiting the sk and outing the vamp because scum hunting day one is almost always fruitless.
5) What happens today will yield a bounty of information to scum hunt with day 2, further increasing our odds.

Get on board or meet my scum list.

The arguments in this post cannot be broken
Can you lynch a vampire? I thought I read in the opening that they can't?

4) Much of day one is going to recruiting the sk and outing the vamp because scum hunting day one is almost always fruitless.
5) What happens today will yield a bounty of information to scum hunt with day 2, further increasing our odds.

Wait, what? Nah. Checking now.

Wait, what? Nah. Checking now.
I'll re-read...also..

Moonglow: You have to post the following hypoclaims to be considered in agreement.

If I am the doc I will protect the SK.
If I am the psyche I will cure the SK.

The vampire can still be lynched.

Moonglow

We can lynch Vampire.

Vampire Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vampire. (alignment changing)
If targeted for a Night Kill, you will be recruited by the Mafia Ghouls.
Abilities:
If recruited, you will have Night Talk with the Ghouls, and if both Ghouls are lynched, you commit Suicide.
Win Condition:
If not targeted for a Night Kill, your alignment and win condition is Town - You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
If recruited by the Ghouls, you win when the Ghouls obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occuring.

on a night kill or suicide by getting rid of the Ghouls, ok...We have more Townie than scum and ghouls and the Sk so the odds are better than a 50/50 split..

Moonglow: You have to post the following hypoclaims to be considered in agreement.

The vampire can still be lynched.
ok,
Sorry I am not keeping up well I am in the middle of buying a house..Damn mortgage rules after the Frank/Dodd law...

Certainly a third Scumteam member is not a good thing for Town, but in the case of the Vampire, it's nearly useless for Scum.

The Vampire has Night Talk in the QT, but no kill powers, and he/she cannot Endgame on his/her own:

Win Condition:

Ummm no Grandma, the Vampire is not useless for scum. It gives scum another member to get a majority for the win and a 3rd person to scheme with in the QT. The fact that you are so quick to dismiss the vampire really bugs me a lot.

I'm not dismissing the vampire, but I'm not going to prioritize him/her right now. The SK is a MUCH bigger issue.
The vampire being able to talk in the Mafia QT isn't a threat, and only the original Scums can carry out a kill. The only real threats from the Vampire are wagon votes, and possible endgaming.

Win Condition:

Ummm no Grandma, the Vampire is not useless for scum. It gives scum another member to get a majority for the win and a 3rd person to scheme with in the QT. The fact that you are so quick to dismiss the vampire really bugs me a lot.

I'm not dismissing the vampire, but I'm not going to prioritize him/her right now. The SK is a MUCH bigger issue.
The vampire being able to talk in the Mafia QT isn't a threat, and only the original Scums can carry out a kill. The only real threats from the Vampire are wagon votes, and possible endgaming.

If the vampire claims, it would be against town's win con not to vote him/her.

Players Needing To Agree:
Moonglow
House
Wolfsister77
ScarletRage ♀
Arden ♀
Grandma
Wake ♂
CafeAuLait
Shaitra
FA_Q2

Wake ScarletRage arden

@Vampire: Claim today and I will campaign to lynch you to maintain your town alignment so you can also win with town.

We are taking scum down this game, get out in front of this train.

I'm skeptical of the "claim so we can kill you" tactic. It's not rational.

id much rather kill scum then the vampire today

How often do we end up lynching Scum on Day 1?

Oh right, never.

The vampire would be our best possible choice for a PL.

The odds weigh heavily in favor of lynching a townie D1 which is why getting the vampire out of the way and curing the SK is quite a bit more productive and goes far more in favor of town's wincon over the long run. Both would be a productive use of the first day. We can still scumhunt and vote and give reads and all that. I know I am doing that already.

I had to read his response a couple times and you are right. He seems to think the SK not turning helps scum. It most assuredly does not help scum. SK can kill scum if not turned. What threat are they to scum cured? They are a VT at that point. And the Psych becomes VT also.

Something else we should be hunting is the vampire. Scum will want to find and recruit that persona and if they do, if the SK is still alive, town is screwed. Almost as screwed as they would be if the JOAT died. Another thing I'm surprised by is there isn't a back-up JOAT to take over the remainder of the abilities if the original dies.

Yeah, you are also right about the Psych only working odd nights. So at the end of the day, we should put up who we want the Psych to target, who we want the Cop or Dr. to target and hope for the best.

Okay. The Shrink is basically a Vanilla Townie anyway - all he/she can do PR-wise is convert the SK.

With the SK as SK there will be 2 kills each Night, unless Scum get lucky and kill the SK or the SK gets VERY lucky and kills both Scum over 2 Nights. Most likely it'll be Townies that end up dead.

With the SK as converted Townie, Town has an extra expendable member AND an extra vote, with the bonus of 1 less kill per Night.

It's possible but not likely that the SK will endgame, so SK as SK is pretty much a suicide role.

I think a claim an conversion are in order.

Also, Wolf, "we should put up who we want the Psych to target, who we want the Cop or Dr. to target and hope for the best" kinda bugs me. I'd like to think that the PRs can decide for themselves in the first place, in the second, "we," at least this early in the Game, includes Scum.

Town. She basically spelled out the offer shortly before I did, so she wasn't mimicking me for town cred.

As far as I'm concerned, that is Wolfie, Grandma, and myself.

Player List:

Hard Town:

House ♂
Wolfsister77 ♀
Grandma ♀
---
Scum
Wake ♂
---

Scum reads are not final, but I feel pretty good about them (my read of Wake has nothing to do with his absence).

Other
ScarletRage ♀
Arden ♀
CafeAuLait ♀
Shaitra ♀
FA_Q2 ♂
Moonglow ♂

Win Condition:

I say we do both. Convert the SK and take out the vampire. The SK is being taken care of as soon as Arden, Wake, and SR hypoclaim and the SK comes forward. Killing the vampire only hurts scum. I am all for doing both of these things. Anyone that hesitates will make me wonder. Plus, we can still scumhunt while this is going on so we have good reads to use to get scum also. I'm giving reads and voting. I suggest everyone else does this too.

Player List:

Hard Town:

House ♂
Wolfsister77 ♀
Grandma ♀
---
Scum
Wake ♂
---

Scum reads are not final, but I feel pretty good about them (my read of Wake has nothing to do with his absence).

Other
ScarletRage ♀
Arden ♀
CafeAuLait ♀
Shaitra ♀
FA_Q2 ♂
Moonglow ♂

Fix't

Forum List

Back