Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Jan 10th, 2019

I spent 33 years as a Federal Employee and went through several shutdowns

It is not like a vacation. You don’t know when your next paycheck is coming. You don’t go out to dinner, you put purchases on hold, you hold off on your bills and pay those that are most urgent

And you get 100% of your pay when its over.

Mark
Yup...I got paid.....eventually
Went back to the job and still had to do all the work that wasn’t done while I was away.

So what? You got something that most people who get laid off never get. BTW, my wife is a federal employee. You KNOW you'll be back to work soon. Your "we put purchases on hold" means nothing to people that live in the real world, in comparison.

Mark
Yes it does

You budget your paycheck and time your payments accordingly. Miss a paycheck and you have to start shifting payments
Not the end of the world. I think the longest I went through was three weeks. Not something I appreciated

Especially when you are being used for political incompetence

Here is the deal, American people WANT A WALL.

Before there is an agreement how to secure that wall, there won't be paychecks. This is the will of the American people and if you don't like it find a new job. The good news is that soon there will be myriad amount of new positions opening with the wall defense force. Amazing and meaningful American jobs.

Just imagine when your kids grow up and you get to tell them that you were part of the construction effort of the most epic monument ever created. Not to forget, one of the most important ones. The one that finally secures America as its own nation. Federal workers finally can have a real meaning, life is good.

Polls still say they don’t

A wall will be a monument to our hatred and stupidity
Old East Berliners must be scratching their heads in wonder.
They didn’t want a wall either

Before there is an agreement how to secure that wall, there won't be paychecks. This is the will of the American people and if you don't like it find a new job. The good news is that soon there will be myriad amount of new positions opening with the wall defense force. Amazing and meaningful American jobs.

Just imagine when your kids grow up and you get to tell them that you were part of the construction effort of the most epic monument ever created. Not to forget, one of the most important ones. The one that finally secures America as its own nation. Federal workers finally can have a real meaning, life is good.

so, you have a plan to brain wash your progeny with lies & bullshit? Fantastic!!

What are you babbling about? I am talking about the federal employees who get to build the thing. I should put up a warning that you require IQ > 60 to read my messages.

AS YOU STATED: Just imagine when your kids grow up and you get to tell them that you were part of the construction effort .........

OK; go ahead & tell US all how fvcking cerebral you are .........

Tr
Trump left no room TO negotiate!

He walked out!
How do you negotiate with NO?

You say, "yes" and open the govt.

Why don't you suggest the same thing for your side? After all, if they say "yes" to the 5 billion for the wall, the government is reopened.
Why should they?
Trump owns it and a majority of congress want it opened before wall funding is negotiated.

Sure they do. They just want Trump to give in so they can start this charade all over again when the government closes down in a month or two. If they had any intention of negotiations, they would have done it from day one of the shutdown. Instead........Democrats decided it was time for another vacation.

Or they simply believe govt business should not be conducted this way. Certainly there is nothing to lose in trying. The worst case is ending up in the same place.

It is not like a vacation. You don’t know when your next paycheck is coming. You don’t go out to dinner, you put purchases on hold, you hold off on your bills and pay those that are most urgent

And you get 100% of your pay when its over.

Mark
Yup...I got paid.....eventually
Went back to the job and still had to do all the work that wasn’t done while I was away.

So what? You got something that most people who get laid off never get. BTW, my wife is a federal employee. You KNOW you'll be back to work soon. Your "we put purchases on hold" means nothing to people that live in the real world, in comparison.

Mark
Yes it does

You budget your paycheck and time your payments accordingly. Miss a paycheck and you have to start shifting payments
Not the end of the world. I think the longest I went through was three weeks. Not something I appreciated

Especially when you are being used for political incompetence

Try being laid off from a job when the economy is in a recession and you have to borrow money to feed your newborn, knowing that you won't be called back to work soon.

Your "problems" pale in comparison to the rest of us.

Mark

This sign was put on the highway after a family was run over and killed trying to run into America on the 101 you heartless wonder....wow....

Pffffffffffffffffffffft, I've sent kids to school, try harder.

And if there anything like you you should put them out of the misery. My kids laugh at people like you. They know how corrupt liberals and Democrats are. They see it first hand. The best part is I didn’t have to tell them. I let them figure it out on there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there, you have it folks! Another argument against home schooling!

My kids have been to better schools then any of you. My kids would burry all of you idiots. You morons are homeschooling your kids witch is sad to have uneducated idiots teaching kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing that your kids are smart enough not to talk about their family on a message board. Obviously, you are not that educated. Anyway, we really don't want to know about your kids.
Talking about famioy on a message board does not matter anymore. If people get messed with by their own they can do the same. I would watch someone do the worst to Crippled Ken who is a relative and not care. Its not about violence, its about getting even. There is no freedom in taking the law into your own hand. Even if you have a right to do so. You end up in jail or dead. Family is not like it was in the past. To those who still have that, I think they are lucky and fortunate. Yeah...me I am just messing around as Crippled Ken does. Another self centered government worker who azz does not stink. Most who would cry like biatches if their salaries were cut in half and loans collapsed and medical was rationed.

so, you have a plan to brain wash your progeny with lies & bullshit? Fantastic!!

What are you babbling about? I am talking about the federal employees who get to build the thing. I should put up a warning that you require IQ > 60 to read my messages.

AS YOU STATED: Just imagine when your kids grow up and you get to tell them that you were part of the construction effort .........

Yes, the federal employees who build the wall get to tell that to their kids. Your cognitive abilities seem limited so I am done here. This is just one effect of the open border we are witnessing here: the decline of the IQ by importation of low IQ people. Federal workers can be proud for once.

Gee, I'm not surprised.
At least he worked for a living.

That explains everything that you are a federal employee. Now I understand why you are such a tool.

Yes, the federal employees who build the wall get to tell that to their kids. Your cognitive abilities seem limited so I am done here. This is just one effect of the open border we are witnessing here: the decline of the IQ by importation of low IQ people. Federal workers can be proud for once.

Some MIGHT have some dumb fvcking kids but it aint ME. haha .........

Of course not, you wouldn't want to bring kids to the country that you are fine with destroying. Yet I am suspecting you are eagerly waiting for other people's kids to pay for your welfare.

Typical leftist leech.

Playing chicken with people's lives. Both sides are to blame. Both sides are acting repugnantly. But we're used to it. Yet we expect them to show up for work. Sick.

Both sides are not to blame. That is just not true.

The Dems never said they wanted a shutdown. Not once. As a matter of fact, they said multiple times they wanted to avoid it.
They had a deal with Trump. The Senate passed a clean CR and Trump reneged.

Gee, I'm not surprised.
At least he worked for a living.

th

Good one...a government employee working.

Of course not, you wouldn't want to bring kids to the country that you are fine with destroying. Yet I am suspecting you are eagerly waiting for other people's kids to pay for your welfare.

Typical leftist leech.

I'm 58 years of age; been in the work place since age 15, never been on welfare.

Go F yourself ........

Both sides stupid and divisive things.

But the right seems to be better at going mean.

Fox host on federal employees missing paychecks: "At least some people get to go to the beach"

DAGEN MCDOWELL (GUEST HOST): Don't you think that the Democrats are sitting back, waiting for this moment when the furloughed workers don't get their first paycheck, that the first paycheck is missed, because they want that as kind of a tent pole in their, like, media circus?

MICHAEL BLOCK (MARKET STRATEGIST): The problem is, both parties are culpable here.

MCDOWELL: 420,000 of them are on the job and not getting paid, so at least some people get to go to the beach, if you will.

Michael Block is right, we need more transparency to see EXACTLY who is offering what...

Back in the 1950s & the 1960s my mother had a US Government 'Q Clearance' and she had that clearance BECAUSE she was responsible for the SECURE delivery of nuclear weapons to a US Air Force SAC base.

Is that level of service to the US Government going on NOW, during the TRUMP SHUTDOWN?

My father was also employed by the US Government BUT every goddamn piece of shit Republican at the current time will tell YOU & the planet that the government is YOUR ENEMY.

I will tell everyone here, right now, that the current crop of Republicans HATE America, they HATE government, and they have their HATE for their own government shoved soooooooooo far up their ass that they will NEVER be Americans, EVER AGAIN.

I say FVCK THEM; let them ALL go be Russians.

And FVCK Trump; the biggest assed Russian of the day.
funny how the right say the same thing about you guys.....both sides are fucked and should go to hell...

Playing chicken with people's lives. Both sides are to blame. Both sides are acting repugnantly. But we're used to it. Yet we expect them to show up for work. Sick.

Both sides are not to blame. That is just not true.

The Dems never said they wanted a shutdown. Not once. As a matter of fact, they said multiple times they wanted to avoid it.
They had a deal with Trump. The Senate passed a clean CR and Trump reneged.

The side who is not allocating the puny amount for the wall are not hearing the will of the American people, are the blame for the shutdown.

Just so everyone here knows, no one has missed a paycheck yet.

Mark

Caddo kid says my post is funny. The governments last pay check was on Dec 31. Its next one is due on Jan 14th

Anyone miss a paycheck yet Caddo?

Mark

Typical leftist leech.

I'm 58 years of age; been in the work place since age 15, never been on welfare.

Go F yourself ........

So I am sure you are fine with your pension being taken away then.

Social security should only be provided to people with kids, they are the ones who pay for it.

That explains everything that you are a federal employee. Now I understand why you are such a tool.
At least he had a steady real job for decades....not a pretend one.

Forum List

Back