Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Jan 10th, 2019

I spent 33 years as a Federal Employee and went through several shutdowns

It is not like a vacation. You don’t know when your next paycheck is coming. You don’t go out to dinner, you put purchases on hold, you hold off on your bills and pay those that are most urgent

Pathetic.Cry some more tears. You have no idea what being cutoff from a paycheck is like.

Contrast Federal shutdowns with layoffs? A Federal shutdown .... Fed employee is guaranteed to be made whole.You ever been rounded up like herd only to be told that the company is shutting down at the conclusion of the meeting.... you don’t know when your next paycheck is coming, you put purchases on hold, who hold off on your bills and pay those that are most urgent, EXCEPT..... there is no glimmer or shot of you being made whole UNLESS you get another job.

Oh, maybe you can take solace in that the $100M speaker of the house blinking into the screen that “unemployment checks are good for the economy”

You experienced temporary pain with the confidence you would be made whole again. Maybe you would feel better like the manufacturing workers being told by a President that the jobs just aren’t coming back.

I’d rather be a furloughed Fed than a laid off manufacturing worker any mother fucking day of the week.

Both sides stupid and divisive things.

But the right seems to be better at going mean.

Fox host on federal employees missing paychecks: "At least some people get to go to the beach"

DAGEN MCDOWELL (GUEST HOST): Don't you think that the Democrats are sitting back, waiting for this moment when the furloughed workers don't get their first paycheck, that the first paycheck is missed, because they want that as kind of a tent pole in their, like, media circus?

MICHAEL BLOCK (MARKET STRATEGIST): The problem is, both parties are culpable here.

MCDOWELL: 420,000 of them are on the job and not getting paid, so at least some people get to go to the beach, if you will.

Michael Block is right, we need more transparency to see EXACTLY who is offering what...

Back in the 1950s & the 1960s my mother had a US Government 'Q Clearance' and she had that clearance BECAUSE she was responsible for the SECURE delivery of nuclear weapons to a US Air Force SAC base.

Is that level of service to the US Government going on NOW, during the TRUMP SHUTDOWN?

My father was also employed by the US Government BUT every goddamn piece of shit Republican at the current time will tell YOU & the planet that the government is YOUR ENEMY.

I will tell everyone here, right now, that the current crop of Republicans HATE America, they HATE government, and they have their HATE for their own government shoved soooooooooo far up their ass that they will NEVER be Americans, EVER AGAIN.

I say FVCK THEM; let them ALL go be Russians.

And FVCK Trump; the biggest assed Russian of the day.
funny how the right say the same thing about you guys.....both sides are fucked and should go to hell...

and you also ..................

It is not like a vacation. You don’t know when your next paycheck is coming. You don’t go out to dinner, you put purchases on hold, you hold off on your bills and pay those that are most urgent

And you get 100% of your pay when its over.

Mark
Yup...I got paid.....eventually
Went back to the job and still had to do all the work that wasn’t done while I was away.

So what? You got something that most people who get laid off never get. BTW, my wife is a federal employee. You KNOW you'll be back to work soon. Your "we put purchases on hold" means nothing to people that live in the real world, in comparison.

Mark
Yes it does

You budget your paycheck and time your payments accordingly. Miss a paycheck and you have to start shifting payments
Not the end of the world. I think the longest I went through was three weeks. Not something I appreciated

Especially when you are being used for political incompetence

Try being laid off from a job when the economy is in a recession and you have to borrow money to feed your newborn, knowing that you won't be called back to work soon.

Your "problems" pale in comparison to the rest of us.

Mark
This is not a lay off
It has nothing to do with your job

It has to do with politicians who cannot do their jobs and are using you as a political pawn

Here is the deal, American people WANT A WALL.

Before there is an agreement how to secure that wall, there won't be paychecks. This is the will of the American people and if you don't like it find a new job. The good news is that soon there will be myriad amount of new positions opening with the wall defense force. Amazing and meaningful American jobs.

Just imagine when your kids grow up and you get to tell them that you were part of the construction effort of the most epic monument ever created. Not to forget, one of the most important ones. The one that finally secures America as its own nation. Federal workers finally can have a real meaning, life is good.
the most epic monument ever created
lets not get carried away norm....

Mark
Went back to the job and still had to do all the work that wasn’t done while I was away.

So what? You got something that most people who get laid off never get. BTW, my wife is a federal employee. You KNOW you'll be back to work soon. Your "we put purchases on hold" means nothing to people that live in the real world, in comparison.

Mark
Yes it does

You budget your paycheck and time your payments accordingly. Miss a paycheck and you have to start shifting payments
Not the end of the world. I think the longest I went through was three weeks. Not something I appreciated

Try being laid off from a job when the economy is in a recession and you have to borrow money to feed your newborn, knowing that you won't be called back to work soon.

Mark
This is not a lay off

It has to do with politicians who cannot do their jobs and are using you as a political pawn

The democrats are masters at spending money. How god damn difficult can it be to put 5 billion in for the wall? It's so small amount that it's barely even visible in the budget. How is this a problem to the master spenders?

AS YOU STATED: Just imagine when your kids grow up and you get to tell them that you were part of the construction effort .........

OK; go ahead & tell US all how fvcking cerebral you are .........

Yes, the federal employees who build the wall get to tell that to their kids. Your cognitive abilities seem limited so I am done here. This is just one effect of the open border we are witnessing here: the decline of the IQ by importation of low IQ people. Federal workers can be proud for once.

Some MIGHT have some dumb fvcking kids but it aint ME. haha .........

Of course not, you wouldn't want to bring kids to the country that you are fine with destroying. Yet I am suspecting you are eagerly waiting for other people's kids to pay for your welfare.

Typical leftist leech.

I'm 58 years of age; been in the work place since age 15, never been on welfare.

Go F yourself ........

So I am sure you are fine with your pension being taken away then.

Social security should only be provided to people with kids, they are the ones who pay for it.

Pension? I have a pension? Someone been LYING to you, bitch.

SS? I have been paying into that PONZI SCHEME for 43 years, jackazz.

Yous seem to come across as Miss Cleo; aint you fvcking DEAD?

Playing chicken with people's lives. Both sides are to blame. Both sides are acting repugnantly. But we're used to it. Yet we expect them to show up for work. Sick.

Both sides are not to blame. That is just not true.

The Dems never said they wanted a shutdown. Not once. As a matter of fact, they said multiple times they wanted to avoid it.
They had a deal with Trump. The Senate passed a clean CR and Trump reneged.

The side who is not allocating the puny amount for the wall are not hearing the will of the American people, are the blame for the shutdown.

Or the hostage taker in chief.

How do you negotiate with NO?

You say, "yes" and open the govt.

Why don't you suggest the same thing for your side? After all, if they say "yes" to the 5 billion for the wall, the government is reopened.
Why should they?
Trump owns it and a majority of congress want it opened before wall funding is negotiated.

Sure they do. They just want Trump to give in so they can start this charade all over again when the government closes down in a month or two. If they had any intention of negotiations, they would have done it from day one of the shutdown. Instead........Democrats decided it was time for another vacation.

Or they simply believe govt business should not be conducted this way. Certainly there is nothing to lose in trying. The worst case is ending up in the same place.

I disagree. If the government stays shutdown long enough, it will prove we really don't need a lot of these people which is an advantage to Republicans because it's something we've said all along. Plus as other news makes headlines, the shutdown will no longer be an issue for most people.

By Trump signing a CR, it solves the problem, takes the issue out of the news, and forgotten about. Then when it re-emerges again, it becomes a big issue as it is now.

What the Democrats are trying to do is the same they did to Reagan: make promises and never keep them. There is no reason in the world how a shutdown could effect working on the problem. Trump is not buying it and neither are we. Kicking the can down the road doesn't solve anything, especially when it's an advantage to Democrats. Trump needs to keep the pressure on the Democrats to bring this problem to a resolution. They are feeling the pain because most government workers vote Democrat. Trump has nothing to lose.

Yes, the federal employees who build the wall get to tell that to their kids. Your cognitive abilities seem limited so I am done here. This is just one effect of the open border we are witnessing here: the decline of the IQ by importation of low IQ people. Federal workers can be proud for once.

Of course not, you wouldn't want to bring kids to the country that you are fine with destroying. Yet I am suspecting you are eagerly waiting for other people's kids to pay for your welfare.

Typical leftist leech.

I'm 58 years of age; been in the work place since age 15, never been on welfare.

Go F yourself ........

Social security should only be provided to people with kids, they are the ones who pay for it.

Social security, medicare, medicaid...

I said I did not experience the fear there that folks nowhere near the border want me to feel. If you think it;'s the fence, that's you, own it. Seems many that work in SD live in Mexico. How scared is that?
If you go down to the border in many areas of AZ and Texas where there is no wall you will see signs placed there by our government warning US citizens that they proceed at their own risk....to be aware of drug traffickers....it is sad that we have a no mans land in our own nation....

View attachment 239380

View attachment 239381
Where/Who is the customer base for all these drugs again? Where's all our personal responsibility?

Your power structure and failing economic system requires scapegoats, your economic system only "works" for the few. They know a pushback is coming, the wall will make you fish a barrel when it comes.

90% of the heroin in this country comes across the southern border. There are also 300 people dying of a heroin overdose in this country every week.

So you have two choices:

1. You can tell the "customer base" that "Drugs are bad" and hope they quit doing them

2. You can stop 90% of the heroin coming into this country by building a wall.

And if you have any doubt about how fast the flow of drugs stopped where portions of the southern border wall were built, do a little research. You will be surprised.

...and the drugs are coming in through the ports of entry, not across the desert border, which means that drugs have nothing to do with a wall.

Then shut down the ports of entry and build he wall. Fine with me.

Or you can build the wall, which will free up the Border Patrol and Customs Agents to do more searches and seizures at the points of entry. You do know there there is a finite number of agents, don't you? Why should they have to be patrolling hundreds of miles of open borders when they could be stopping the drugs at the entry points?

Ah, well, J, I live 35 miles from the border, and EVERYONE is vetted who crosses the border, and then again 20 miles north of the border at a BP station. This is true at every border port, and on every pubic road north of a border port. They also always have canine drug sniffers. In addition to that, I sit on my back patio at night and watch heat seeking drones fly down the Santa Cruz River bed. In short, you don't have a clue about what is going on down here. In addition to that, closing the ports means that they have to close them both ways, which means that the US government just locked you in. Welcome to East Berlin!

Pathetic.Cry some more tears. You have no idea what being cutoff from a paycheck is like.

Contrast Federal shutdowns with layoffs? A Federal shutdown .... Fed employee is guaranteed to be made whole.You ever been rounded up like herd only to be told that the company is shutting down at the conclusion of the meeting.... you don’t know when your next paycheck is coming, you put purchases on hold, who hold off on your bills and pay those that are most urgent, EXCEPT..... there is no glimmer or shot of you being made whole UNLESS you get another job.

Oh, maybe you can take solace in that the $100M speaker of the house blinking into the screen that “unemployment checks are good for the economy”

You experienced temporary pain with the confidence you would be made whole again. Maybe you would feel better like the manufacturing workers being told by a President that the jobs just aren’t coming back.

I’d rather be a furloughed Fed than a laid off manufacturing worker any mother fucking day of the week.
Again it is not a lay-off.
It has nothing to do with how you have been doing your job, how well your company is doing or the state of the economy

It is entirely because politicians have egos too big to reach a compromise and you are left to pay the price

If I was a shut downed Fed, I would be racking up credit card points known no full well they would be secured by deferred pay.

That is like that shithead Obama saying that people should stop working and sign up for welfare because they will be better off. You know, getting Obamacare and food stamps and then having more time to themselves.

Obama wants Americans on welfare

Obama wants Americans on welfare
I remember this. That's not how it was at all.

Obama wanted greater discrecion for governors to waivor job requirements for those undergoing job training and education. The request came from Kasich and other Republican governors. The waivers were granted.

Then Obama was attacked by your kind.

Mark

Mark
Yes it does

Mark
This is not a lay off

Guess what? Almost every person in America was not responsible when they get laid off. Maybe the head of the company was inept, and did not "do their job", It didn't change the outcome for us. You whining about your missed paycheck because of a situation beyond your control?

Join the club.

Mark

Typical leftist leech.

Go F yourself ........

LOL; if you view those items as a 'pension' then I hope like fvcking Hell you did NOT procreate!!!

Again it is not a lay-off.
It has nothing to do with how you have been doing your job, how well your company is doing or the state of the economy

It is entirely because politicians have egos too big to reach a compromise and you are left to pay the price

You are playing semantics while you got exposed trying to cry the same pain as those of us who experienced it permanently. Quit while you are not that far behind.

Gee, I'm not surprised.
At least he worked for a living.

th

Good one...a government employee working.
i was out there in pouring rain delivering mail and having some asswipes yell at me because their mail got wet,fighting off fucking dogs in the dark,asshole people every were....believe me that was work....

You say, "yes" and open the govt.

Why don't you suggest the same thing for your side? After all, if they say "yes" to the 5 billion for the wall, the government is reopened.
Why should they?
Trump owns it and a majority of congress want it opened before wall funding is negotiated.

Sure they do. They just want Trump to give in so they can start this charade all over again when the government closes down in a month or two. If they had any intention of negotiations, they would have done it from day one of the shutdown. Instead........Democrats decided it was time for another vacation.

Or they simply believe govt business should not be conducted this way. Certainly there is nothing to lose in trying. The worst case is ending up in the same place.

I disagree. If the government stays shutdown long enough, it will prove we really don't need a lot of these people which is an advantage to Republicans because it's something we've said all along. Plus as other news makes headlines, the shutdown will no longer be an issue for most people.

By Trump signing a CR, it solves the problem, takes the issue out of the news, and forgotten about. Then when it re-emerges again, it becomes a big issue as it is now.

What the Democrats are trying to do is the same they did to Reagan: make promises and never keep them. There is no reason in the world how a shutdown could effect working on the problem. Trump is not buying it and neither are we. Kicking the can down the road doesn't solve anything, especially when it's an advantage to Democrats. Trump needs to keep the pressure on the Democrats to bring this problem to a resolution. They are feeling the pain because most government workers vote Democrat. Trump has nothing to lose.

Yep.
Let's see....Don't need.....
ICE
CBP
TSA
Coast Guard

OOPS.....accidentally defunded all the agencies needed for the "crisis".

Brilliant!

Typical leftist leech.

Go F yourself ........

LOL; if you view those items as a 'pension' then I hope like fvcking Hell you did NOT procreate!!!

I could call it by it's functional name: a ponzi scheme, but it doesn't make a bit of difference. The children still pay.

In any case I do hope it has run out by the time you retire. It doesn't appear to be entirely a bad thing that you didn't procreate. Leftists killing themselves off sure is a sign to anyone that we are dealing with an exceptionally dumb breed here, which soon will be history.

Both sides stupid and divisive things.

But the right seems to be better at going mean.

Fox host on federal employees missing paychecks: "At least some people get to go to the beach"

DAGEN MCDOWELL (GUEST HOST): Don't you think that the Democrats are sitting back, waiting for this moment when the furloughed workers don't get their first paycheck, that the first paycheck is missed, because they want that as kind of a tent pole in their, like, media circus?

MICHAEL BLOCK (MARKET STRATEGIST): The problem is, both parties are culpable here.

MCDOWELL: 420,000 of them are on the job and not getting paid, so at least some people get to go to the beach, if you will.

Michael Block is right, we need more transparency to see EXACTLY who is offering what...

Back in the 1950s & the 1960s my mother had a US Government 'Q Clearance' and she had that clearance BECAUSE she was responsible for the SECURE delivery of nuclear weapons to a US Air Force SAC base.

Is that level of service to the US Government going on NOW, during the TRUMP SHUTDOWN?

My father was also employed by the US Government BUT every goddamn piece of shit Republican at the current time will tell YOU & the planet that the government is YOUR ENEMY.

I will tell everyone here, right now, that the current crop of Republicans HATE America, they HATE government, and they have their HATE for their own government shoved soooooooooo far up their ass that they will NEVER be Americans, EVER AGAIN.

I say FVCK THEM; let them ALL go be Russians.

And FVCK Trump; the biggest assed Russian of the day.
funny how the right say the same thing about you guys.....both sides are fucked and should go to hell...

and you also ..................
was it something i said?.....

Forum List

Back