Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Go ahead, and see how that works out.
they can be released after 22 working days or 30 days. and back pay for the work in between is what they get. you remain the confused fk in here.
What are you talking about?

These people aren't being paid, they deserve to be, and you and your fellow talk radio bunnies are all happy 'n stuff about it.

Good. Enjoy.
they will be paid. what didn't you understand? it's called back pay and it's guaranteed to them. Trump said so. So they will be paid. did you wake up without your brain today? just wondering cause that is what i already said and you didn't understand.
So you're unable to discern the distinction between not being paid now and never being paid.

Okie dokie.

This combination of arrogance and ignorance is fascinating to observe, but impossible to penetrate.
well post your quote that said now and never. I'll wait. you are truly an unhappy mthr fker.
I'm not here to assist you with your perception skills.

You're trained to hate all things government, including its employees. Fine. Hate away.

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

Maybe we will have riots like they have in France.

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.

It's gonna be the purge. Be prepared.

I have 50 firearms and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo so I am good to go.

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
The envy of most Americans?

Since I previously posted links to the salaries of government workers, I'm not sure what you are talking about?

Care to elaborate with links?

Or, once again, you aren't smart enough to back up your claims?

Go ahead. I want to be taken aback with your insight and keen intellect.

Which bears out another falsehood of your OP; their jobs are not all that great to start with.
well then we don't need them. that's what you're saying.

Nope. Try again please.
why, in less than five days, they all stand to lose their jobs. hmmmmm

:cuckoo:
https://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/art21.pdf

"Furlough: The placement of an employee in temporary non-duty and non-pay status for not more than 30 consecutive days or 22 nonconsecutive work days during the twelve (12) month period beginning the day after the effective date of the furlough. For furloughs of more than 30 consecutive days or more than 22 nonconsecutive work days see Article 20 (RIF) of this Agreement."

Ahh...

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Your attack on Federal workers is based on the fact that private sector workers are underpaid and lack decent pensions?

Oh...

His attack is out of pure ignorance of what the lifestyles of most federal workers are like.
Name one thing not true that I posted.

Federal workers get fired for poor performance all the time. for one thing.
There is almost no merit increases in the federal system something that does exist in the private sector for another.
not true for the PO.....

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.

For some reason that doesn't make me feel all warn and fuzzy...but then given your avatar and having read your posts...well...

THIRTY NINE MILLION Americans on food stamps is absolutely DISGUSTING!

Getting paid to keep the Democrats in power.
Exactly why in America do 47% of the population not pay taxes?

It is 47% that are exempted from paying their fair share of the trillion a year collected in income tax. Thus the burden falls on the most productive people in the country and that is despicable, isn't it?

Why should you be exempted from paying your share of the defense budget just because you are too sorry to have a decent paying job? You sure as hell get the benefit from it, don't you? You are effectively a welfare queen because somebody else pays your share, aren't you?

:safetocomeoutff:

so now you're a hitlery voter that voted for Kasich. got it.

False, I voted for a GOP candidate for President in every election since I became eligible to vote in 1978.

The only difference is in 2016 I voted for a GOP candidate and not the GOP nominee.

Hillary was never and option for me, of course nether was Dennison.

.>>>>
so now you're saying you didn't even vote in the general election. then shut the fk up asshat.

False again.

I voted for Kasich in the Primary and the General Election in 2016.

.>>>>
you wrote his name in? yeah sure you did. you didn't vote, shut up.

they can be released after 22 working days or 30 days. and back pay for the work in between is what they get. you remain the confused fk in here.

These people aren't being paid, they deserve to be, and you and your fellow talk radio bunnies are all happy 'n stuff about it.

Good. Enjoy.
they will be paid. what didn't you understand? it's called back pay and it's guaranteed to them. Trump said so. So they will be paid. did you wake up without your brain today? just wondering cause that is what i already said and you didn't understand.
So you're unable to discern the distinction between not being paid now and never being paid.

Okie dokie.

This combination of arrogance and ignorance is fascinating to observe, but impossible to penetrate.
well post your quote that said now and never. I'll wait. you are truly an unhappy mthr fker.

You're trained to hate all things government, including its employees. Fine. Hate away.
neither am I here for yours asshat. I responded and too fking bad for you. you were the one being the wanker and now your wanken even more. what an ass clown you are.

Angel Moms shame that asshole Pelosi. She refused to meet with the families of the victims of the people affected by her refusal to fund border security. What a piece of Liberal shit.

Good. Enjoy.

Okie dokie.

neither am I here for yours asshat. I responded and too fking bad for you. you were the one being the wanker and now your wanken even more. what an ass clown you are.
I made a perfectly benign point, and you went full-on drama queen. Insults, anger, vulgarity, name-calling.

Hey, it's just what you are.

Thanks.

Federal workers get fired for poor performance all the time. for one thing.
Not on this planet.

Not sure what planet you live on. From your posting history, it is a pretty desolate lonely place though, I’m sure.
I have an office cancer brother and a double-dipping slacker uncle, both AFSCME....It's next to impossible to fire them...If anyone is living in a vacuum, it's you.

I worked 33 years in the federal government

Most of that time, we were anything but the envy of the private sector

When I started working in the late 70s, pay was 20 percent below the private sector. Fellow engineers ran to job offers at RCA, Kodak, Bell Labs, IBM. They mocked me for accepting a government job

In the 90s, we were begging for qualified workers. The private sector paid journeymen engineers $90,000 plus while our managers made $75,000. Those I interviewed laughed at the salary I offered

By 2008, companies were laying off in droves and cutting pay and benefits. Companies like RCA, Kodak and Bell Labs we’re gone. Qualified workers started to realize that steady pay and job security were valuable

I don’t feel sorry for the private sector

Well that's good because no one feels sorry for the Federal employees.

I doubt anyone who gets furloughed in the private sector gets back pay. Our tax dollars at work.

They could all quit and go get a job in the private sector. Jobs are all over the place.

Oh wait. I forgot. They love those cushy well paid Govt. jobs where the don't get fired. Never mind.
when someone has 20-25 years in they are not going to quit just because of whats happening now....

I worked 33 years in the federal government

Most of that time, we were anything but the envy of the private sector

When I started working in the late 70s, pay was 20 percent below the private sector. Fellow engineers ran to job offers at RCA, Kodak, Bell Labs, IBM. They mocked me for accepting a government job

In the 90s, we were begging for qualified workers. The private sector paid journeymen engineers $90,000 plus while our managers made $75,000. Those I interviewed laughed at the salary I offered

By 2008, companies were laying off in droves and cutting pay and benefits. Companies like RCA, Kodak and Bell Labs we’re gone. Qualified workers started to realize that steady pay and job security were valuable

I don’t feel sorry for the private sector

Well that's good because no one feels sorry for the Federal employees.

I doubt anyone who gets furloughed in the private sector gets back pay. Our tax dollars at work.

They could all quit and go get a job in the private sector. Jobs are all over the place.

Oh wait. I forgot. They love those cushy well paid Govt. jobs where the don't get fired. Never mind.
when someone has 20-25 years in they are not going to quit just because of whats happening now....

Of course they aren't. They love those cushy well paid Govt. jobs. They would never give that up especially since they know they will all get back pay owed.

This is what we should be doing to Democrats

BB1860B8-2452-4064-BAF3-635F407B48B4_jpeg-809831.JPG

Forum List

Back