Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Pelosi just canceled the State of the Union Speech. She suggested Trump pick a day after the government is open for business for his little speech, or he could present his address in writing.

Just cancel it altogether, and not have one again. Just political BS, every year. Let’s spare the American people the political parties BS.

Nope. Not forever. Just until the shut down is over. He could do it in writing, or give his speech from somewhere else, but he won't do it in the House until he ends his tantrum.

Like I said, pointless political babble. I won’t watch it anyway, no loss for me.

THIRTY NINE MILLION Americans on food stamps is absolutely DISGUSTING!

Getting paid to keep the Democrats in power.
The poverty rate in the US is about 13.5 percent.

So that would be almost 44 million Americans. Mostly women and children.

Federal workers get fired for poor performance all the time. for one thing.
Not on this planet.

Not sure what planet you live on. From your posting history, it is a pretty desolate lonely place though, I’m sure.
I have an office cancer brother and a double-dipping slacker uncle, both AFSCME....It's next to impossible to fire them...If anyone is living in a vacuum, it's you.

I forgot sad.

Well if the FreeShitArmy knew anything about managing a budget, they wouldn't be on food stamps and welfare, right? As far as I'm concerned, they can all starve. And I don't care about their little crotch fruit, either. If ya can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.

There's also talk that Section 8 payments won't go out. That will be a hoot.

:laughing0301:
I see you've changed your avatar. :lol:

It used to be the biggest government spender in human history.

How about that!

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

Maybe we will have riots like they have in France.

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.
The poor will rightfully blame Trump for the shutdown.

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.

The biggest recipients are red states...why would the Dems worry?

They won't be, once the welfare class has been purged.
I'm all for eliminating the biggest welfare spending. Tax expenditures. They add up to twice what we spend on traditional welfare programs.

And you are probably one of the leeches who takes advantage of tax expenditures.

Not that I blame you. It would be stupid to leave that money on the table.

But if you oppose eliminating them, then you are a leech worse than any person in poverty living on food stamps.

they will be paid. what didn't you understand? it's called back pay and it's guaranteed to them. Trump said so. So they will be paid. did you wake up without your brain today? just wondering cause that is what i already said and you didn't understand.
So you're unable to discern the distinction between not being paid now and never being paid.

Okie dokie.

This combination of arrogance and ignorance is fascinating to observe, but impossible to penetrate.
well post your quote that said now and never. I'll wait. you are truly an unhappy mthr fker.
I'm not here to assist you with your perception skills.

You're trained to hate all things government, including its employees. Fine. Hate away.
neither am I here for yours asshat. I responded and too fking bad for you. you were the one being the wanker and now your wanken even more. what an ass clown you are.
I made a perfectly benign point, and you went full-on drama queen. Insults, anger, vulgarity, name-calling.

Hey, it's just what you are.

Thanks.
nope, you over reacted. you came full balls off the wall to try and shame me. typical leftist tactic. what's the difference between 'now' and 'never'. You're such a showman.

And oddly enough, when you look at those most impacted, it's nearly a duplicate of the map of Republicans up for election in the Senate.

9da47de97bafbac7bca6d56fff06a519

I think it's important to take a good look at the Up for Election Senate map for 2020

Dems gain nothing by giving in

It only encourages Trump to shut down Government whenever he doesn’t get his way

Hell if he's settled on being a One Term Tommy he might as well drive this shut down right down their throats till it makes a lump In their skivvies. He may not get reelected...but he will utterly destroy pelosi and Schumer.

Jo

Something tells me that Trump isn't in the game just to earn another "re-election." Isn't he still doing the job for free?

yjnhi.jpg
Pu$$y?

DwLmLNxWwAAjb3E.jpg

I agree.

The entire Coast Guard should quit and go get jobs in the private sector along with the border patrol and the ICE folks.
Trump is laughing his head off at you Leftists.
And, while he laughs, while munching on a Big Mac, polling shows the vast majority of Americans blame him and the Repubtards for the shutdown. So much for Trump; no win coming out of this self-created fiasco. Bigly!!!

You've spared no expense to pout and snivel about the military...When that gets blown to shit, you then move on to weeping and wailing for any available sad sack victim....It doesn't get any more goalpost moving than that.

Feel free to highlight the post where I mentioned the military.

I agree.

The entire Coast Guard should quit and go get jobs in the private sector along with the border patrol and the ICE folks.
Trump is laughing his head off at you Leftists.
And, while he laughs, while munching on a Big Mac, polling shows the vast majority of Americans blame him and the Repubtards for the shutdown. So much for Trump; no win coming out of this self-created fiasco. Bigly!!!
so what? what does that mean exactly? can you explain for us?

Pelosi just canceled the State of the Union Speech. She suggested Trump pick a day after the government is open for business for his little speech, or he could present his address in writing.

Just cancel it altogether, and not have one again. Just political BS, every year. Let’s spare the American people the political parties BS.

Nope. Not forever. Just until the shut down is over. He could do it in writing, or give his speech from somewhere else, but he won't do it in the House until he ends his tantrum.

Like I said, pointless political babble. I won’t watch it anyway, no loss for me.

Over two years of tantrums by the Dems, but that is somehow different. Go figure.

"Some 400 seats"?! Oh! You gotta come up with some proof of that.

There probably wasn't even that many seats available and Democrats made a poor showing. So proof of 400 seats=-?

Or you're just lying out your ass..
No, Mary, you’re just an imbecile.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/partisan-composition.aspx

Look at the difference from 2017 to 2018.

Oh hey, that's kinda neat! Check this out:

2009_Leg_Party_Control_map.gif

partisan2017.png

now put up 2019

There is no 2019, this is January.

And? the control of each state was determined in Nov of 2018.

I don't have the admin PW for the site, or graphic template and info, sorry. :dunno:

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Couldn't even get a government job, eh?

you wrote his name in? yeah sure you did. you didn't vote, shut up.

Yep, write in vote.

I had more self respect then to vote for either Clinton or Dennison.

With the way Dennison acts in office, I made the write choice.

.>>>>

Contractors don't get backpay.

"Contractors like Kelly — who make up 40 percent of the federal workforce, and an estimated 500,000 workers in the agencies affected by the shutdown — are among those hit the hardest by the shutdown since unlike government employees the gaps in their pay won’t see any reimbursement. Contractors are paid directly by companies that can’t bill the government for services when it’s shut down. "

Driving Uber, freelancing, babysitting: shutdown workers scramble for cash

.>>>>
Tough shit...I'm a contractor and save for down times....I also have a high-700s credit score...It's the nature of what we do.

Do you have employee's you pay a decent wage?

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.

I’m thinking that’s why Teumps okay with a long shut down. Maybe he figures the failures and freeloaders that are government employees will move on and either go back on AFDC and food stamps or get another job.

Another day of both sides arguing like little kids over trivial stuff while middle class workers take it on the chin...typical here now.

The Coast Guard is part of the United States armed forces, and they are not getting paid. The point is not that they'll get paid someday. The mortgage is due now. The car payment is due now. The light bill is due now. A trip to the grocery store needs to happen now. Every missed payment lowers their credit rating now. Coast Guard personnel are utilizing food banks to feed their families. I am embarrassed by the way our government is treating members of the U.S. armed forces. They are being used as pawns in a political pissing contest by both sides. The same can be said of air traffic controllers, border patrol, TSA, federal law enforcement.

Their options are to:

Tap into savings which may have been set aside for other purposes
Take a loan or credit cards that affect your credit rating
Pay late which affects your credit rating

None are the fault of the employee

Forum List

Back