Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Lay them off then.
Go ahead, and see how that works out.
they can be released after 22 working days or 30 days. and back pay for the work in between is what they get. you remain the confused fk in here.
What are you talking about?

These people aren't being paid, they deserve to be, and you and your fellow talk radio bunnies are all happy 'n stuff about it.

Good. Enjoy.
they will be paid. what didn't you understand? it's called back pay and it's guaranteed to them. Trump said so. So they will be paid. did you wake up without your brain today? just wondering cause that is what i already said and you didn't understand.
So you're unable to discern the distinction between not being paid now and never being paid.

Okie dokie.

This combination of arrogance and ignorance is fascinating to observe, but impossible to penetrate.
well post your quote that said now and never. I'll wait. you are truly an unhappy mthr fker.

Democrats can end the shutdown now. Fund the wall.
The GOP can end the shutdown now. Stop holding federal employees and the American people hostage, open the government and let legislation on the Wall pass or fail on it's own merits.
.>>>>

Democrats can end the shutdown now by funding the wall. isn't that true?

Interesting that you respond to my post in which I showed Tipsycatlover that both were responsible. Why didn't you ask Tipsy the same questions.

why are you avoiding making that statement?

I'm not. Both extreme wings (LWNJ and RWNJ) are responsible.

what is it you don't like, trump?

I think Trump was a huge mistake for the GOP and makes us look silly by association. I voted for Kasich in the primary and general.

so 300 million suffer from lack of security at the border so that an eleven year old girl in Texas can be raped by an illegal that has been deported three times? dude, you sure have class. fund the fking wall and end the shutdown.

We aren't talking about "Border Security" we are talking about Trump's "Mission Accomplished" wall. I don't have a problem with walls in high population/high traffic areas.

Open the government and stop holding federal employees hostage, end the shutdown and have border security - real border security - discussed and planned for. Not just so Trump can check a box with his base on campaigning.

Time to stop the political games and pissing contest between the President and Congress.

Step 1: Pass clean funding for those agencies which have no relation to border security and stop ■■■■■■■ around with peoples lives.

Step 2A: Fund DHS for six months, including 2 Billion for improved border security including repair/upgrade of existing walls, improved staffing for CBP and ICE, improved surveillance along for improved response times where needed, and improved technology at ports of entry to interdict the main source of drugs and human trafficking entering the country.

Step 2B: As part of the DHS funding bill, establish a bipartisan commission to examine border security and illegal aliens entering the country. The bipartisan commission would have executive members from the political realm, CBP/ICE, Technology & Security private entities (i.e. non-government entities), economists, and immigration law experts. The commission would have work-groups on specific topics. The work groups would report out findings in 120 days. The executive commission would report out in 150 days. Work groups would break out and concentrate on the following areas:
  1. Border Security at ports of entry to improve legal entry into the country and more effectively identify and interdict drugs entering the country through ports of entry (ports on entry is not limited to the southern border, this will examine technology, procedures, and process at commercial ports as well).
  2. Border Security in low population areas. The needs of low population areas being much different than those in high population areas. The needs of the border around San Diego are different then the middle of the desert.
  3. Tracking, locating, apprehending visa overstays.
  4. The Technology work group would examine E-verify system to include improvements such as technology integration with the IRS, Social Security Administration, and State Departments of Vital Records (births, deaths, etc). Making the use of E-verify a tool available to employers and then requiring its use. A negative response from E-verify will become justification for not hiring an individual, which is not currently the case. Employers will then be held responsible for using E-verify.
  5. The economic work-group would look at the establishment of a workable “guest worker” program so that low skill workers (mainly agricultural) can be brought into the country to work, but employers are held responsible and submit a bond to ensure workers return at the end of the specified period. (I can see a new business opportunity for companies to become Temp agencies for such business needs.).
The intent isn’t to answer the political question of building a wall (or not) across the southern border. The bipartisan, expert commission’s mission will be to come up with realistic and effective changes to the current situation on the physical security (illegal aliens, human trafficking, drug smuggling) and economic driving factors.
.>>>>
Interesting that you respond to my post in which I showed Tipsycatlover that both were responsible. Why didn't you ask Tipsy the same questions.

Well if it is both sides then the dems can easily vote for the requested 5.7 Billion. Correct? you just said both are responsible. funny how you flung off of that like ricochet rabbit.

We aren't talking about "Border Security" we are talking about Trump's "Mission Accomplished" wall. I don't have a problem with walls in high population/high traffic areas.

what else are we fking talking about then? 5.7 Billion for a wall for .... BORDER SECURITY

Damn you are stupid.

Trump won on the border wall, your guy lost. suck it up sweetie.

The Coast Guard is part of the United States armed forces, and they are not getting paid. The point is not that they'll get paid someday. The mortgage is due now. The car payment is due now. The light bill is due now. A trip to the grocery store needs to happen now. Every missed payment lowers their credit rating now. Coast Guard personnel are utilizing food banks to feed their families. I am embarrassed by the way our government is treating members of the U.S. armed forces. They are being used as pawns in a political pissing contest by both sides. The same can be said of air traffic controllers, border patrol, TSA, federal law enforcement.

Yeah Trump only graduated from an Ivy League school . He's obviously stupid.
Money buys you anything Like the doctor who saved his ass from the army One prof. said he was the dumbest student he ever had
how many do you believe he had? professors that is? come on now, cherry picker. me thinks you forgot your ladder.
Who knows ?? Anyone say how smart he was ??? Maybe they had a class in conning the public?? He'd get straight A's He sure has you conned
he's smarter than you. so all your bullying is noted on how you feel. you're just a stupid fk on an internet message board questioning others education. yeah that's ripe with something all right. And it does smell.
  • As a presidential candidate, Trump had repeatedly said his father gave him a “very small” $1 million loan, which he turned into an empire.
  • A sweeping new investigative report published by The New York Times on Tuesday, however, says Trump’s father actually lent his son at least $60.7 million.
  • The Times reports that the amount would be worth $140 million in today’s dollars and that much of it was never repaid.
dude, your stupid is soo loud it should be embarrassing for you.

What's the difference between 'gave' and 'lent'. Do you even know? too fking funny. can't make this up as I've been saying in here for five years now.

He won so much the the American voters put the Dem's in charge of the House to block his "Mission Accomplished" wall.

There is a word for winners like that, it's called a loser.

.>>>>>

Don't spending bills have to originate in the House of Representatives?

Hmmm.
One has already passed the House dummy.
You're right.

House Passes Bill With Money For Trump Wall, Increasing Likelihood Of A Shutdown

The house did pass a bill with all the border funding for the barrier in it. Mitch should bring it to the floor of the Senate and call for an immediate vote to reopen the government.
That was for border security but not wall
ycqqv7nyhpa21.jpg
Border security IS a wall.

He won so much the the American voters put the Dem's in charge of the House to block his "Mission Accomplished" wall.

There is a word for winners like that, it's called a loser.

.>>>>>
And that was all. he won two additional senate seats. so what? those votes were on the GOP and not him. the GOP didn't get it done and more drain of the swamp. so now you're a hitlery voter that voted for Kasich. got it.

Freshman Dems Turn on Pelosi Over Border Wall, Seek Deal with Trump

Several freshman Democrat members of the new House of Representatives majority have turned on Speaker Nancy Pelosi in her steadfast refusal to fund President Donald Trump’s planned wall along the U.S. border with Mexico and are instead seeking for Democrats to cut a deal on the wall with Trump.

House Majority Whip Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD), Pelosi’s second-in-command, says that Democrats are unified in their opposition to negotiating with President Trump on the wall. “We are totally united — totally,” Hoyer said.

But a quick look around the Democrat conference to see what rank-and-file Democrats are saying about their leadership–Pelosi and Hoyer on the House side, and Schumer and Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin on the Senate side–proves that Hoyer’s claim of unity is simply untrue. In fact, many Democrats–particularly the newly elected freshmen–want to negotiate with Trump on the wall, and they are saying so publicly while expressing their disdain for Pelosi and her fellow leaders.

For instance, Rep. Jared Golden (D-ME)–who was elected in November, defeating now former Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R-ME) in Maine’s second congressional district–is out calling for his party’s leadership to come to the table with Trump and the Republicans.

Rep. Lucy McBath (D-GA), also quoted in that Politico article, says that she is hoping for a “compromise” with Trump on the wall. “I hope that we can all come to a compromise because that’s the way things get done,” McBath said. “If we don’t compromise, the American people are the ones who get hurt. Right now, they are hanging in the balance.”

(Pelosi refuses to negotiate, refuses to compromise, and demonstrates she doesn't give a damn about the American people. Her only goal is to deny Trump a 'win'.)

Rep. Colin Allred (D-TX): “I’m not going to rule anything out, I really am not,” Allred said when asked if he would vote to fund the wall in exchange for something else.

Rep. Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ), another freshman Democrat who won in 2018’s midterm elections, said he would support a deal that funds the wall. “If I had the opportunity to vote for some sort of a deal, I would”

There are many more Democrats besides the freshmen who want to deal with Trump and are not supportive of Pelosi’s refusal to negotiate.

“I think we all want to see DACA protections, so I think there’s an opportunity to, if they give something — it’s called negotiation, right?” Rep. Ami Bera (D-CA)

The President and GOP have already offered Pelosi DACA - everything they want - TWICE. She refused to take the deal and walked away. The ONLY thing she wants is to hurt Trump's re-election chances in 2020 by giving him nothing, hurting American in the process while dragging Democrats along where they do not want to go.

This is all on Pelosi...100%.....call her office if she plugged the phones back in.....

Nor do the business around federal buildings or national parks or the airlines (one of which has lost 25 million in revenue already)
There go them goalposts again!

I did not move shit. These are the reason why shutdowns have a negative impact on the GDP of the nation.
You've spared no expense to pout and snivel about the military...When that gets blown to shit, you then move on to weeping and wailing for any available sad sack victim....It doesn't get any more goalpost moving than that.

And most GDP "generated" by gubmint ultimately comes from funds expropriated from the productive sector, which would have been put toward GDP in the first place....Your grasp of economics is every bit as shitty as any other prog do-gooder.

so now you're a hitlery voter that voted for Kasich. got it.

False, I voted for a GOP candidate for President in every election since I became eligible to vote in 1978.

The only difference is in 2016 I voted for a GOP candidate and not the GOP nominee.

Hillary was never and option for me, of course nether was Dennison.

.>>>>

False, I voted for a GOP candidate for President in every election since I became eligible to vote in 1978.

The only difference is in 2016 I voted for a GOP candidate and not the GOP nominee.

.>>>>
so now you're saying you didn't even vote in the general election. then shut the fk up asshat.

Does it say the GOP must roll over?.....don't think so.....

It certainly doesn't say that shutdowns are a viable alternative. LOL
They are when dealing with petulant children otherwise known as leftists.

Hilarious.

You keep saying this as if the Dems haven't passed a funding bill. They have. The govt could open very quickly but unfortunately the next step is out of their control.
It will open as soon as they defend our borders...not a second sooner.

They are defended, fool.
For the time being anyway. I can't imagine the CBP work for free forever. At some point this becomes self defeating for Trump.
Right right....a piece of barbed wire is across our southern border is defended to you. Hilarious.

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

Maybe we will have riots like they have in France.

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.

It's gonna be the purge. Be prepared.

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.
i must have been working in the wrong dept.....

.>>>>
so now you're saying you didn't even vote in the general election. then shut the fk up asshat.

False again.

I voted for Kasich in the Primary and the General Election in 2016.

.>>>>

Forum List

Back