Oh, that inflation.

The middle class will be wiped out. We warned you left wing middle class. You will be annihilated.

As for the wealthy useful idiots that were so instrumental in ushering in global marxism, be ready to be wiped out yourselves.

We warned you.

A surge of consumer demand unleashed by government stimulus, improving vaccinations and fewer pandemic restrictions is putting a strain on global supply chains. Manufacturers and other hard-hit industries are struggling to get back up and running after a year of lockdown measures, causing supply shortages and raising costs.

All of those factors combined to push the consumer price index (CPI) up 0.8 percent in April and 4.2 percent over the past 12 months, the fastest annual rate since 2008,

When stripping out the more volatile prices for food and energy, the index registered the biggest monthly increase since 1982.

Inflation fears grow for White House

What is really troubling besides lumber is that corn is up about 50%. Everything we eat has something to do with corn. Even FUCKING GAS and we don't drink it!!!!.But we drink beer and that is up..lol
The poor don't need to eat lumber, but they need to eat corn and transport themselves.

All in all inflation cripples the poor the most. Unless you lived in the 70's, no one on this frikin board knows what long term inflation means or is. Boy are they goanna get an edumacation on this

A jar of spaghetti sauce rang up at $9.49 the other day and I about shit a brick. Biden gas is $4 a gallon.

A jar of spaghetti sauce rang up at $9.49 the other day and I about shit a brick
Good lord!

Easter Sunday, I visited my local Guitar Center and was hungry on the way home- I decided I wanted a Sonic Chicken Fried Steak sandwich- they were closed! So, I went next door to What-a Burger and ordered a Patty Melt and a med vanilla shake- $10.76! For a fucking sandwich and a vanilla shake! I told the little cashier girl, very politely, it was the LAST purchase I'd make at their brand- I don't care how iconic they are-

A jar of spaghetti sauce rang up at $9.49 the other day and I about shit a brick
Good lord!

Easter Sunday, I visited my local Guitar Center and was hungry on the way home- I decided I wanted a Sonic Chicken Fried Steak sandwich- they were closed! So, I went next door to What-a Burger and ordered a Patty Melt and a med vanilla shake- $10.76! For a fucking sandwich and a vanilla shake! I told the little cashier girl, very politely, it was the LAST purchase I'd make at their brand- I don't care how iconic they are-
It's $10 for a McDonalds breakfast if you buy the $1 soda, a large orange juice is $3 so you are $12 for a breakfast.

It's something to watch but one or two months in themselves don't mean much. If inflation sticks around let's hope the lesson from 2008 prevented an abundance of adjustable rate mortgages over this past decade.
only a demofk would know that answer.

It's something to watch but one or two months in themselves don't mean much. If inflation sticks around let's hope the lesson from 2008 prevented an abundance of adjustable rate mortgages over this past decade.

A wing and a prayer, with some hope thrown in...quite the strategy.

I know the Martin guitar I want is not due until October!
Most of the "inflation" is theoretically transitory and led by demand for used cars (as new car demand plummeted last year) gas and other "travelling" supplies. And the govt "aid" has also been .. temporary. UNTIL now, and the child tax credits. Biden is playing with fire.

Good lord!

It's $10 for a McDonalds breakfast if you buy the $1 soda, a large orange juice is $3 so you are $12 for a breakfast.
Then you have to take into consideration that the product you receive may not look exactly like the product on the commercial. At a cheaper price it is not a question. Mass production to move people in and out is a convenience with it. At higher prices you may be able to go to a slightly more upscale place where the prices are competitive to what is received. Fast food can not lose their focus for what the provide.

Not a wing nor a prayer. Not everything is political. Have you noticed the supply shortages as the economy ramps up from its pandemic shut down? I'll give you credit for knowing what affect shortages have on prices.

Not a wing nor a prayer. Not everything is political. Have you noticed the supply shortages as the economy ramps up from its pandemic shut down? I'll give you credit for knowing what affect shortages have on prices.
Yet the Biden Admin wants employers to compete with federally subsidized unemployment. Can't imagine that encouraging lower prices.

Yet the Biden Admin wants employers to compete with federally subsidized unemployment. Can't imagine that encouraging lower prices.
If a business can’t complete with unemployment....they should close.

The best minds in finance don't know what's going to happen for sure.
Anyone who pretends to is foolish.
Could it be cutting taxes on the rich and adding to deficits is not inflationary (because they don't spend it) but cutting taxes on workers is?
Theoretically, yeah. Helluva question. The lower and middle classes will spend a higher percentage of their tax savings, while the upper classes will invest a higher percentage (which is not nearly as inflationary, directly). But at the same time, the gross tax savings enjoyed by the lower and middle classes wouldn't be as much, either.

Right now a lot of this inflation is being caused by supply disruptions still present from the lockdowns. So (again, theoretically) we could see some mitigation when supply chains are filled back up. Another condition that might slow inflation is if hiring doesn't come back too quickly, and spreads out over a longer period of time.

The best minds in finance don't know what's going to happen for sure.

Anyone who pretends to is foolish.
Could it be cutting taxes on the rich and adding to deficits is not inflationary (because they don't spend it) but cutting taxes on workers is?
No, because the pittance the former president included in the wealthy tax give away wasn’t enough to move the needle.

It did however like everytime the republics reduce taxes on the wealthy balloon the deficit.

If a business can’t complete with unemployment....they should close.

Why bother, you ass-wipes managed to accomplish that with COVID lockdowns.

Forum List

Back