🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays

Your annual taxes are based on your adjusted gross income. Unless your overtime actually pushed you into another bracket at the end of the year you will pay the same tax rate on your overtime as you did on the rest of your income.
Please read my previous comment.
However I've had guys point out they would have made more money if they had worked less hours when it comes to overtime.
In a weekly check maybe but as I said in the end unless you are actually pushed into a higher bracket you still make more because the extra tax taken out on a high overtime check will be used to offset something else resulting in either a higher return or a lower tax bill
Yes in weekly checks
But in the long run it evens out.
Actually it doesn't. As I explained to that moron paintmyhouse, the tax paid is not returned in the form of a refund on a dollar for dollar rate.

If you made 100K in 10 weeks and nothing else the rest of the year you would not pay more in total taxes than you would if you made that 100K in 52 weeks.

All that really matters in the end is your Adjusted Gross income.

If your overtime did not push you into a higher tax bracket then if you might have paid a higher rate on some overtime than your highest bracket it would even out

It doesn't work that way idiot. And even if it did they'd still be ahead. God you people are morons.
Yes it does. Test tube baby
No, it doesn't you dumbshit.
Don't you tire of being wrong all the time?
Because I never am, no. They don't treat what you make per hour, even when the rates vary, differently you moron. It all comes out in the wash at the END OF THE YEAR!
Actually, no it doesn't....The refund is not dollar for dollar.
So if for instance a person logs ten additional hours of OT every week. The OT pay is taxed at the highest or 39.6% rate.
That extra tax is NOT refunded dollar for dollar. So no, it is not a wash.
Now, you arguing to argue. Put a dirty nasty wet sock in it.
YOU LOSE....
Where do you get this bullshit from? And that's what it is. There is no Extra tax you moron.

yes I do, because I was THERE working in management in the industry....we needed a way to ''beat last year's sales''.... we did not have customers sending letters to our corporate offices demanding we open on holidays.... it was OUR IDEA, one holiday after another, to choose to open, so we could increase our sales.... we started small with opening only short hours on the holiday....noon til 5 pm, then grew our opening hours each following year to increase the sales we were going against, then added another holiday to be opened because even with the increased hours was not enough to secure beating 'last year's sales'......

IT WAS NEVER THE CUSTOMER DEMANDING IT....it was us, choosing to do it because it was easier to increase sales in that manner than being SMARTER in what we bought then sold.

You've now changed argument tracks completely. Shall we continue on this one, and forget the other one completely? Or would you like to resume the old one, and ignore this digression?
I have not changed my stance Swim, my stance was that the customers demanded stores to be opened is a complete fabrication.... THE BUSINESS chose to be opened on holidays for the precise reason I said they did, to easily increase sales over last year....

Just because I was a part in that decision, doesn't mean I agreed with it....I just lost out on how I and a few other execs felt about it....so, they won the corporate decision, and we lost, we opened the dept stores on the holiday....

So if for instance a person logs ten additional hours of OT every week. The OT pay is taxed at the highest or 39.6% rate.

:wtf:

Uh, guy, their year end tax liability will be on total dollars, not whether there was any overtime in the mix.

Your annual taxes are based on your adjusted gross income. Unless your overtime actually pushed you into another bracket at the end of the year you will pay the same tax rate on your overtime as you did on the rest of your income.

Therefore if you did pay a little extra some weeks then you would either get a higher return or a lesser tax bill
So you're giving the government an interest free loan?
Everyone who gets an income tax return does.

I pay quarterly taxes and have not received an income tax return in 15 years.
Me either while many of those not paying any income taxes get gs
Extra pay, good idea. Close the damn stores and let people have a day off. Americans suck.
since it's not your business, mind your own. Those who suck are the ones like you who think what someone else does is your business.
What someone else does often is my business dummy. That's known as living in a Society.
Living in a society doesn't do that because you don't like what they do. The dummy is one who thinks it does.

Please read my previous comment.
However I've had guys point out they would have made more money if they had worked less hours when it comes to overtime.
In a weekly check maybe but as I said in the end unless you are actually pushed into a higher bracket you still make more because the extra tax taken out on a high overtime check will be used to offset something else resulting in either a higher return or a lower tax bill
Yes in weekly checks
Actually it doesn't. As I explained to that moron paintmyhouse, the tax paid is not returned in the form of a refund on a dollar for dollar rate.

If you made 100K in 10 weeks and nothing else the rest of the year you would not pay more in total taxes than you would if you made that 100K in 52 weeks.

If your overtime did not push you into a higher tax bracket then if you might have paid a higher rate on some overtime than your highest bracket it would even out
This moron thinks the guy who made 30k by making 20k regular and 10k overtime paid more than the guy who made 30k regular with no OT? Where do we get these fucking morons from?

This is a good idea, since we all know that an employer can force a person to work there and stay there and not improve their life in any way, and we all know that the employer is rich and greedy and didn't build that n' stuff.

So I'd go with 10x, fuck them employers.

Therefore if you did pay a little extra some weeks then you would either get a higher return or a lesser tax bill

Extra pay, good idea. Close the damn stores and let people have a day off. Americans suck.
since it's not your business, mind your own. Those who suck are the ones like you who think what someone else does is your business.
What someone else does often is my business dummy. That's known as living in a Society.
No...In fact as long as there is no direct effect on you or no infringement on the rights of others, it is IS NONE of your business.
And before you type.....Do not even consider this your business. It isn't. What an employer decides to pay their employees is none of your concern.
You can go back your feed bucket now. Anything so you can shut up.
When you're ,man enough to shut me up, I will pussy.

Living in a society doesn't do that because you don't like what they do. The dummy is one who thinks it does.
Society gets to set the rules, even when you are doing no harm to others we can still limit what you can do, and we do.

Yes in weekly checks

This moron thinks the guy who made 30k by making 20k regular and 10k overtime paid more than the guy who made 30k regular with no OT? Where do we get these fucking morons from?
The moron is you thinking when a business opens is your business.

This is a good idea, since we all know that an employer can force a person to work there and stay there and not improve their life in any way, and we all know that the employer is rich and greedy and didn't build that n' stuff.
The Donna Summers of Drama Queens has spoken.

:wtf:

Uh, guy, their year end tax liability will be on total dollars, not whether there was any overtime in the mix.
Not what he said.

IF THE CUSTOMER is DEMANDING that the stores be opened on Holidays as some here claim, then they won't mind paying a penny or two more in price.... right?

For someone who has retail management experience you sure lack an understanding of basic business concepts. It's not customer demand, it's market demand. People are willing to buy. People want to buy when receiving deals. Other businesses are willing to be open at certain times, and to sell at certain prices. So the market demand is for Company X to make their goods available at competitive prices, with competitively appealing deals, and at times that capitalize on opportunity to make sales before the customer goes somewhere else.

Just quoting you folks.

I guess that makes YOU guys the Drama Queens.

Yes in weekly checks

The moron is you thinking when a business opens is your business.
That very much depends on what it does. Child brothel, my business. Toxic waste dump, my business. Arby's, lunch.

Society gets to set the rules, even when you are doing no harm to others we can still limit what you can do. and we do.
That's because you can't mind your own business. The hypocrisy about what you say us when society does that where you don't think they should, you pussies whine like little babies.

Just quoting you folks.
You're not quoting anyone, you just disagree with anything like regulations.

Just quoting you folks.
You're not quoting anyone, you just disagree with anything like regulations.

And the Donna Summers of Drama Queen straw man arguments has spoken.

Society gets to set the rules, even when you are doing no harm to others we can still limit what you can do, and we do.
I thought you hypocrites believed in freedom? Seems that applies only when you think freedom should exist.

Society gets to set the rules, even when you are doing no harm to others we can still limit what you can do. and we do.
That's because you can't mind your own business. The hypocrisy about what you say us when society does that where you don't think they should, you pussies whine like little babies.
We regulate commerce, which is required for capitalism to work, and human action, which is required for society to work. Time to grow up now.

Forum List

Back