Ohio GOP found 17 whopping illegal voters. Obama wins.

Edgey, your boy George W. Bush spend two years trying to prove vote fraud and couldn't.

Voter ID Laws Target Rarely Occurring Voter Fraud | Fox News

Texas Attorney General Gregg Abbott, a Republican, launched an investigation in 2005 to uncover what he called an "epidemic" of voter fraud. But reviews of Abbott's investigation two years later yielded no cases of voter impersonation fraud. A Dallas Morning News review in 2008 found the 26 cases prosecuted were all against Democrats, most involved blacks and Hispanics, and typically involved people who helped elderly voters with mail-in ballots, but failed to follow state law by signing their names and addresses on the envelopes.

Abbot's investigation was paid for with a $1.4 million Justice Department crime-fighting grant.

After a five-year hunt for voter fraud, the Bush administration's Justice Department came up with little widespread fraud, finding mostly cases of people mistakenly filling out voter registration forms or voting when they didn't know they were ineligible, The New York Times reported in 2007. But none of the cases involved a person voting as someone else.

Meh, not really.

Incidence this low would indicate it is not a widespread or serious problem.

Maybe instead of trying to find excuses to keep minorities from voting (because then they'll only want to do it more!) the GOP could concentrate on giving minorities reasons to vote for them.

Ending the race-baiting would be nice. Maybe not putting the interests of the wealthy above everyone else, that would work, too.

Wow, thats rich. When did Sharpton and Jackson become republicans?

Welfare Queens
Willie Horton
White Hands Ad
Playboy Mansion Ad
Birth Certificate

Sorry, guy, the race baiting is all on you folks.

Welfare queens is a term created by the NYT
willie horton---was Dukakis black? I did not know that
white hands---???? really grasping on that one
Playboy mansion----lots of black guys and girls got laid there
birth certificate----really? racist? So when you guys ranted about Cruz being born in Canada that was racist against hispanics???

Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, Rangel, Jackson-Lee------professional race baiters.

[

birth certificate----really? racist? So when you guys ranted about Cruz being born in Canada that was racist against hispanics???

Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, Rangel, Jackson-Lee------professional race baiters.

Actualy, the term "Welfare Queen" was used by the REpublican Chicago Tribune, and Reagan ran with it, embellishing the story.

Bush was the one who used an inflammetory picture of Horton (who never called himself "Willie") and then denied he was behind the ads.

Jesse Helms used the "White Hands" ad to appeal to the redneck who blames "affirmative action" for the fact the good jobs were vanishing.

No one has really ranted about Cruz being born in Canada, other than to point out the hypocrisy of all the birthers who invented all kinds of theories about Obama being born in Kenya having no problem with it.

[

Actualy, the term "Welfare Queen" was used by the REpublican Chicago Tribune, and Reagan ran with it, embellishing the story.

Bush was the one who used an inflammetory picture of Horton (who never called himself "Willie") and then denied he was behind the ads.

Jesse Helms used the "White Hands" ad to appeal to the redneck who blames "affirmative action" for the fact the good jobs were vanishing.

No one has really ranted about Cruz being born in Canada, other than to point out the hypocrisy of all the birthers who invented all kinds of theories about Obama being born in Kenya having no problem with it.

OK, Joey boy. the truth is that both sides have engaged in race baiting. The dems are just better at it.

Wow, thats rich. When did Sharpton and Jackson become republicans?

Welfare Queens
Willie Horton
White Hands Ad
Playboy Mansion Ad
Birth Certificate

Sorry, guy, the race baiting is all on you folks.

Christ you're stupid.

I am completely consistent. Absentee ballots should be few and far between so people need to show up to the polling place with an id. Then there would be absolutely not question and either side would have to shut up. There will be other problems, like long waiting lines. I disagree that absentee ballot fraud is restricted to republicans, if anything both sides engage in it. Only thing is republicans must be better at it because it seems to be mostly democrats that get caught.

I didn't say that absentee ballot fraud is restricted to Republicans. What I'm saying is that Republicans don't bring it up because they overwhelmingly benefit from absentee balloting. If we applied the same standards to those who don't show up at the polls compared to those who do, Republicans would lose many more votes.

Either everyone has to show ID to vote or we don't have ID at the polls, simple as that. Standards must be consistent. We can't have a special class of voters who are exempt from the laws by which everyone else must abide.

Conceptually, I don't have a problem with showing ID for voting. However, the argument is so blatantly self-serving for Republicans, its ridiculous.

And the issue almost certainly brought more minorities to the polls than otherwise would have voted.

Last edited:
[

OK, Joey boy. the truth is that both sides have engaged in race baiting. The dems are just better at it.

NO, the truth is that at some point, the GOP decided that in order to get dumb white peoplle to go along with the dismantling of their middle class lifestyles, they used race-baiting to make white people afraid that minorities were going to get some of their stuff.

You know, a Koch Brother, a Teabagger and a liberal minority go to a resturant, a waiter brings out 10 cookies, the Koch brother wolfs down nine and says to the Teabagger, "That minority wants half your cookie!"

Edgey, your boy George W. Bush spend two years trying to prove vote fraud and couldn't.

Texas Attorney General Gregg Abbott, a Republican, launched an investigation in 2005 to uncover what he called an "epidemic" of voter fraud. But reviews of Abbott's investigation two years later yielded no cases of voter impersonation fraud. A Dallas Morning News review in 2008 found the 26 cases prosecuted were all against Democrats, most involved blacks and Hispanics, and typically involved people who helped elderly voters with mail-in ballots, but failed to follow state law by signing their names and addresses on the envelopes.

Abbot's investigation was paid for with a $1.4 million Justice Department crime-fighting grant.

After a five-year hunt for voter fraud, the Bush administration's Justice Department came up with little widespread fraud, finding mostly cases of people mistakenly filling out voter registration forms or voting when they didn't know they were ineligible, The New York Times reported in 2007. But none of the cases involved a person voting as someone else.

And in the meantime, it reinforced minorities' opinions that the Republican party is hostile to them.

Losing millions of votes to stop hundreds of fake votes is a really bad strategy.

And in the meantime, it reinforced minorities' opinions that the Republican party is hostile to them.

Losing millions of votes to stop hundreds of fake votes is a really bad strategy.

That shouldn't be lost. Politically, it is a loser for the GOP. I still think it's the right thing to do. I'd like to think the GOP would be smart enough to recognize it and capitalize on the equal damage it may do to the aged population who may have expired licenses etc...

And so goes the liberal mantra that there is absolutely no voter fraud. This is like catching a mouse in your house, there are many more you don't see.

The state is currently dominated by the GOP, and the investigation was done by Republicans. They had every motivation to find and expose all the supposed voter fraud out there. They had every reason to bring into question the overwhelming win by Obama in the state. They found 17. If the investigation were led by Democrats, then maybe you could question the results as not accurate, but only maybe.

Sorry, loser. Most Ohioans refused to reimpose the failed Bush policies by electing Capt 1%, Mittskypoo.

So let me get this straight. According to you the state is Republican dominated. The investigation was done by Republicans. A 2 percent win is overwhelming. And the Republicans fixed the election in 2000 and 2004 but fixed the problem that would not allow them to do so in 2008 and 2012. Do you really listen to yourself? So what is it, the republicans are so dirty they fix elections but are so honest that they fixed the very system they used to fix the elections? Yes, Obama won and that made us all losers so at least we can agreed on that fact.

The problems of the 2000 and 2004 elections that helped the Booosh War Monkey "win" was not something that the Ohio GOP did purposefully. The state's voting infrastructure and election procedures was just not reliable, and it was the fault of state governments run by both parties over the decades.

The state is currently dominated by the GOP, and the investigation was done by Republicans. They had every motivation to find and expose all the supposed voter fraud out there. They had every reason to bring into question the overwhelming win by Obama in the state. They found 17. If the investigation were led by Democrats, then maybe you could question the results as not accurate, but only maybe.

Sorry, loser. Most Ohioans refused to reimpose the failed Bush policies by electing Capt 1%, Mittskypoo.

So let me get this straight. According to you the state is Republican dominated. The investigation was done by Republicans. A 2 percent win is overwhelming. And the Republicans fixed the election in 2000 and 2004 but fixed the problem that would not allow them to do so in 2008 and 2012. Do you really listen to yourself? So what is it, the republicans are so dirty they fix elections but are so honest that they fixed the very system they used to fix the elections? Yes, Obama won and that made us all losers so at least we can agreed on that fact.

The problems of the 2000 and 2004 elections that helped the Booosh War Monkey "win" was not something that the Ohio GOP did purposefully. The state's voting infrastructure and election procedures was just not reliable, and it was the fault of state governments run by both parties over the decades.

What about the down ticket races where the margins can be a couple of dozen votes?

Keep in mind not all fraud is intentional. If my polling place were to change, I wouldn't know it since I have voted absentee near my office for the past 6 years. So I show up, am handed a ballot that may or may not be in my precinct or district or whatever. I see a tax proposition I've heard about on the news that I favor but didn't realize it would affect me. So I vote for it. As it turns out, I shouldn't have been allowed to vote since my precinct changed.

both parties authorized and funded the stupid iraq and afghanistan wars.

both parties authorized and funded the stupid iraq and afghanistan wars.

No.

This isn't a "both parties" did it thing.

This is a "one party" did it thing.

Republicans.

you need an ID to board a plane, enter a bar, cash a check, apply for a job, etc....yet liberals keep lying their asses off claiming having an ID card is too difficult.

Forum List

Back