Ohio lawmakers open up college campuses to concealed carry

15202674_1450368888325689_8629044486750770692_n.jpg

From my nephews FB page
A driver's license in every state requires one to pass a written test and a driving test.

Requirements for a conceal carry permit vary from nothing but an application to a written test and a shooting test. Why on earth do you think they are equivalent? And why should a state with strict requirements be forced to accept permits from a state with lax requirements?

No state is forced to accept CCW permits from any other state. It's the states decision whether to allow them or not.
It sounds, though, from the post I responded to, that that is what they want.

No, not really. And besides, what good is a permit in a state if they are against carriers to begin with?

If I'm attacked in my car or at the ATM, I will shoot without fear of retaliation by the government. Our laws are written for the carrier. I wouldn't want to use my permit in a state like New York. Even if the shooting was justified, it's up to a prosecutor to bring charges regardless. Even if you could skate the criminal charge, you'd still have to deal with the subject or his family in a liable suit. That could cost tens of thousands of dollars to fight.

Nobody "allows" them to burn anything. They just get drunk and do it anyway. But because they do, is that a reason to disarm them and make them vulnerable to an attack by a maniac?

Don't you think beer and guns aren't going to mix well?

People (college kids) don't stay drunk 24/7. Our laws strictly forbid the use of public carry while consuming any amount of alcohol; not even one sip.
And people always obey the laws. There are some situations where guns don't mix well, bars and schools.

Well a year or so ago we did lift bans for CCW's in bars and public places where alcohol is served. Yeah, the same old leftist complaints came out how drunks will be shooting people at bars, but like all their other predictions, just scare tactics that never materialized.

If people are not going to obey our gun laws, they will violate them with or without a CCW permit.
I cannot agree with lifting bans for guns in bars, it's literally asking for trouble.

The law of not consuming alcohol still applies in bars. You can go to a bar and drink coke all night long. The law was revised less for bars and more for restaurants that serve both food and alcohol such as Applebee's. Even sports stadiums were once off limit because they too serve alcohol, but most people don't drink in the middle of the day.

The only problems we've had with shootings at bars are criminals who don't have (or couldn't get) a permit to carry.

People (college kids) don't stay drunk 24/7. Our laws strictly forbid the use of public carry while consuming any amount of alcohol; not even one sip.
And people always obey the laws. There are some situations where guns don't mix well, bars and schools.

Well a year or so ago we did lift bans for CCW's in bars and public places where alcohol is served. Yeah, the same old leftist complaints came out how drunks will be shooting people at bars, but like all their other predictions, just scare tactics that never materialized.

If people are not going to obey our gun laws, they will violate them with or without a CCW permit.
I cannot agree with lifting bans for guns in bars, it's literally asking for trouble.

The law of not consuming alcohol still applies in bars. You can go to a bar and drink coke all night long. The law was revised less for bars and more for restaurants that serve both food and alcohol such as Applebee's. Even sports stadiums were once off limit because they too serve alcohol, but most people don't drink in the middle of the day.

The only problems we've had with shootings at bars are criminals who don't have (or couldn't get) a permit to carry.
People are going to drink in bars, and alcohol impairs judgement. Imo it's a bad mix and one place where there really should not be firearms.

People are going to drink in bars, and alcohol impairs judgement. Imo it's a bad mix and one place where there really should not be firearms.

I agree. It is irresponsible to carry firearms in public places while intoxicated.

If they're not drinking, why not? What difference does it make if somebody is carrying in an ice cream parlor or a bar? In either place, no alcohol is being consumed.

I've been to bars plenty of times and not consumed alcohol. I used to be on a dart team. Half of the time teams would come to our home bar, and the other half, we would have to go to their bar. Because I have a CDL, I can't drink and drive, so I drank pop all night.

Many times guys from a visiting team would come to our bar with a designated driver--their girlfriend. They just watched their BF play darts all night and get drunk. It was very common.

15202674_1450368888325689_8629044486750770692_n.jpg

From my nephews FB page
A driver's license in every state requires one to pass a written test and a driving test.

Requirements for a conceal carry permit vary from nothing but an application to a written test and a shooting test. Why on earth do you think they are equivalent? And why should a state with strict requirements be forced to accept permits from a state with lax requirements?
The US Constitution: specifically, article IV, section 1.

Nobody "allows" them to burn anything. They just get drunk and do it anyway. But because they do, is that a reason to disarm them and make them vulnerable to an attack by a maniac?

Except the way most of those laws were written, if carrying, you couldn't pick up a take-out pizza if the place sold beer! Many of the laws defined a "bar" as any restaurant with a liquor license.

Is there a link to that infringement of the right in the constitution?

Except the way most of those laws were written, if carrying, you couldn't pick up a take-out pizza if the place sold beer! Many of the laws defined a "bar" as any restaurant with a liquor license.

You couldn't carry anywhere alcohol was served to the public. Places like TJ Max and AppleBee's are a few examples, but you couldn't even take your gun to a wedding reception.

Like I said, anybody that's going to the bar for a gun fight doesn't have a license in the first place, so they could care less what our laws are regarding alcohol and guns.

Forum List

Back