Oil $1 a barrel

Some of this has to be driven by the financial futures markets. My guess is that someone is getting taken out, and margin positions are being cut. This makes no sense whatsoever.
They are taking out the Frackers perma aren't they??

A lot of them. Not all of them. Oil will be back above $40-$50 by 2022-23

-37.51 at the close. June is 20 plus change.

What does this mean? The guy with the oil has to pay me $37.51 per barrel just to take it off his hands?
GLOBALISM...........negative prices..........Jack and the Magic Bean stalk type stuff...............

Who da hell they just put under with this BS............................And why wasn't all trading stopped.............

Stinks to the high heavens.

Let’s go for a drive.
B96FD0E7-E88D-436E-9B1B-53C57611E1B9.gif

Nazi says she will stay on vacation until May 4, unless there is an emergency.

So what's so bad about cheaper oil? It's not like the oil companies are going to go broke, is it?
No much of a market for drilling, and not much of a market on alternative energy with prices this low.
Ripple effect

Major oil companies have been pushing for a cap on oil production in Texas for a while. Seems that the market for new wells was killed by all that fracking in the past few years. Not my fault if they already drilled more wells than they need. You want to bail them out for bad management on their part?

Some of this has to be driven by the financial futures markets. My guess is that someone is getting taken out, and margin positions are being cut. This makes no sense whatsoever.

What about the people that own oil stock for retirement...........now that it's negative..........That work for the oil companies

So what's so bad about cheaper oil? It's not like the oil companies are going to go broke, is it?
You really are dumb.

I will give your opinion all the consideration it deserves, but that still doesn't answer my question, does it?
A question that stupid deserves no answer.

Whereas a thread this stupid deserves the mockery it gtes.
Clearly it is over your head. Run along to an “Orange man bad” thread, Simpleton.

If it's that obvious, it should be easy for you to explain. How does it hurt me to spend less when I fill up, and what does Pelosi have to do with what I pay for gas anyway? Do you want to give the oil companies even more than the billions in free money that we already give them each year?
Brain dead MORON

Typical insult, but not much of an answer to the question, though, is it?

No much of a market for drilling, and not much of a market on alternative energy with prices this low.
Ripple effect

Major oil companies have been pushing for a cap on oil production in Texas for a while. Seems that the market for new wells was killed by all that fracking in the past few years. Not my fault if they already drilled more wells than they need. You want to bail them out for bad management on their part?
Ummm, figure out the ripple effect from such low prices.
You had asked, and I gave you a valid answer. I'm done

Ripple effect

Yozzzzzzzzz PEOPLE are clueless............

Where you born insane or did it grow on you..........LOL

You really are dumb.

I will give your opinion all the consideration it deserves, but that still doesn't answer my question, does it?

Clearly it is over your head. Run along to an “Orange man bad” thread, Simpleton.

If it's that obvious, it should be easy for you to explain. How does it hurt me to spend less when I fill up, and what does Pelosi have to do with what I pay for gas anyway? Do you want to give the oil companies even more than the billions in free money that we already give them each year?
Brain dead MORON

Energy was driving our economy a GREAT DEAL.......you JUST DON'T GET IT.

An expert just said Canada is gonna get hammered over the next few months because they have no storage.

An "expert" also just started a thread saying oil is 17 cents a barrel. "Experts" have no links, but Canadian oil storage, does.
Hey Dumbass, their storage is almost maxed out. If they can’t move oil out they are fucked.

This conversation is waaaay beyond your very limited cognitive skills, Simpleton. Run along and let the adults talk.

Read your own post for the first time in your life. It said, and I quote, "they have no storage".

We are going to be "The Walton's" if we do not get a restart soon. "Goodnight USMB Bob"!

An expert just said Canada is gonna get hammered over the next few months because they have no storage.

An "expert" also just started a thread saying oil is 17 cents a barrel. "Experts" have no links, but Canadian oil storage, does.
Hey Dumbass, their storage is almost maxed out. If they can’t move oil out they are fucked.

This conversation is waaaay beyond your very limited cognitive skills, Simpleton. Run along and let the adults talk.

Read your own post for the first time in your life. It said, and I quote, "they have no storage".
Poor Pogo. Too stupid to know that you have no storage available when all your tanks are full.

Does it physically hurt to be as dumb as you are?

You really are dumb.

Pelosi is as related to this story as fish are to bicycles. OP is a dumbass trying to pimp an oil thread. Trying to traffic in red herrings.

And still slurring an Italian name, while using one himself.

Ripple effect

Ummm, figure out the ripple effect from such low prices.
You had asked, and I gave you a valid answer. I'm done

You were done quite a while back. Let me know if you come up with an answer that isn't quite so childish.

No sympathy at all for the oil leeches. They have made a killing off of Americans for two long, and I hope they suffer and suffer hard. Not only have they bled us dry, they have done it with Republican backed government subsidies!!!!!!!!

What about the people that own oil stock for retirement...........now that it's negative..........That work for the oil companies
There are 2 oil pricing markets. Spot and futures. We're talking about the futures markets - delivery at a specified time in the future. Spot price is the NOW price, just like a stock.

Last edited:

You really are dumb.

Brain dead MORON

Energy was driving our economy a GREAT DEAL.......you JUST DON'T GET IT.

What I don't spend for gas, I will spend for something else. The economy won't stop just because oil companies don't get more than their share for a few months.

The stock market carnage already happened. The XLE was down 76% peak to trough, the OIH down 94%. That's worse than tech stocks in 00-02, and bank stocks in 07-09.

The OIH is barely down at the moment. This is typically bottoming action, though I hate to say it's the bottom.

As for the employees, there are going to be lots of layoffs.

Forum List

Back