OK, I admit it....was I ever wrong

He actually had substance as well as style so did Bill Clinton. Obama, Trump, Sanders, H Clinton not so much

Substance...Let business so whatever they want.
Two recessions later...

Still rather have that over the Carter years (shudder).

How do GDP and employment growth under Carter compare to that under Reagan?

Just post the numbers, we'll figure out which are larger....

There's a thing they came up with in the Carter years. It was called the Misery Index.

US Misery Index - Index by President

You know, those things that affect how people live.

Carter ended his presidency with 7.18% unemployment and rising. Reagan ended with 5.49% and falling.

GDP under Carter went from 5.73T to 6.5T. Under Reagan from 6.5T to 8.61T.

Yeah, it's really not hard to see which was better.

You know I think you're the first moron I've ever heard defend Jimmy. Obviously you didn't live through the Carter years. Fortunately one of the family owned a gas station, so we never had the problems most of the rest of the country suffered through, but we saw it plain enough.

I remember people shooting other people at gas stations for cutting the lines.
And then there was the Odd/Even License Plate days.

Yep, when the family station got down to 1000 gallons, they shut down to the public. Only family members could get any, which was good cause sometimes seems like it took weeks to get a delivery.

Irrelevant, but I voted for him twice.

"Irrelevant"?

It is a reflection of your judgement.......atrocious....

Only in your uninformed opinion, but it's still irrelevant, moron.

Are you suggesting that you DIDN'T apply your judgement in deciding to cast 2 votes for the worst POTUS of the modern era?

Did you toss a coin?

No you stupid fuck. I'm saying it's irrelevant to the discussion.

While you posted that stupidity I was able to take your picture:
View attachment 64300

The thread is about the rejection of Jebthro!

My position is that it represents the means by which Unrepentant 2Time Scrub Voting Imbeciles make themselves feel better about their ghastly error, without actually reflecting in the Idiocy which informed it and to seek help....

You are a poster child of that condition....but you are not alone.....earlier Ray from Cleveland dismissed Rubio as too much of an " actor", suggesting that he should have modeled himself after Reagan.......the former actor

You just can't make this stuff up..........contemplating the bog of humanity populating the left half of the intelligence bell curve can be disheartening....

Nice try, idiot.

Its easy to win when you tell anyone exactly what they want to hear. It won't work in the General Election.

Are you high?

Trump said Planned Parenthood wasn't all bad, that Bush lied about WMD's, that the mandate wasn't such a bad idea, the Pope is a hypocrite and 9/11 was on Bush's watch so he shares the blame.

When is he going to start the "telling people what they want to hear"? :cuckoo:

I never could have predicted Trump, but I knew Jeb Bush had no chance ever. I'm shocked he didn't get the message much earlier.

I must admit I was wrong too. I knew Bush wouldn't make it, but I predicted he would stay in much longer than he has. The question now is who gets his support? I think Kasich will benefit from this if he doesn't drop out as well.
You guys are able to admit when you are wrong? Where was that honesty on Iraq or when bushanomics put us into a recession?

Because there is no honesty in anything you just said. In Iraq, we all knew that there were WMDs, during the election year the democrats pretended they didn't know, and nothing Bush did caused the collapse in the economy. In fact Bush warned the democrats in congress about the coming disaster 5 times and they refused to do anything about it.

THAT is honesty right there.
Then why no jeb?

Many reasons, for instance he's a progressive republican, he is soft on illegals, he favors Common Core and he has shown nothing but distaste for the GOP base.

Lines are already forming in Atlanta to see and hear Trump speak at 4:00 p.m. The crowd is expected to number some 55,000 people. Trump will win the Presidency by a landslide.

View attachment 64294

I thought the Mexicans were going to pay for the wall. Won't they use their own workers or will we have to deport some back to them?

We'll just use the Mexicans we have in our prisons. Our federal prisons are loaded with them.

Its easy to win when you tell anyone exactly what they want to hear. It won't work in the General Election.

Are you high?

Trump said Planned Parenthood wasn't all bad, that Bush lied about WMD's, that the mandate wasn't such a bad idea, the Pope is a hypocrite and 9/11 was on Bush's watch so he shares the blame.

Are you saying that your messiah has not changed his story on any number of issues/topics/statements? I'm sure there are thousands of muslims celebrating somewhere waiting for your answer...

I always prided myself on being able to pick the republican candidate years in advance. It was so easy, Republicans always went with the safe pick, the guy who came in second the last time, the well known candidate. There were no Carters, Clinton's or Obamas coming out of nowhere for the Republicans

I was positive Bush would win the nomination easily

I underestimated Trump and how easily he would dismantle Bush. Bush looked like a sputtering idiot next to Trump. I also overestimated Jebs charisma.......there was none. No charm, no wit.....not the guy you would want to have a beer with

I really blew this one
You blew it all right.

Now you need to admit that you blow Obama.

Are you high?

Are you saying that your messiah has not changed his story on any number of issues/topics/statements? I'm sure there are thousands of muslims celebrating somewhere waiting for your answer...
You mean the way all politicians change their positions once they actually get elected?
Oh yeah!

Are you high?

You mean like Hillary who is funded by Planned Parenthood, believed in the WMD's and voted for the Iraq War and is a chronic liar and enabler of her husband's assaults on women.

I never could have predicted Trump, but I knew Jeb Bush had no chance ever. I'm shocked he didn't get the message much earlier.

So why did you believe Jeb "had no chance ever"?

Several reasons:

1. He's a Bush.
2. He's an establishment candidate.
3. He's a progressive.
4. He's soft on illegals.
5. He supports common core.

In short, he's the opposite of what the bulk of the GOP voters want.

When are all of you Common Core critics going to get the message? It's gone! History! Out of there! Congress shit-canned it and Ohdumber signed it!

Ignorance has won another hard fought battle.

If Trump and Hillary get the nominations, that will be the ultimate battle of ignorance.

I am just waiting for the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth when your property taxes increase to cover the cost of new curriculum and textbooks aligned to those new standards.

Bull shit. It's still being taught in public schools. FACT.

Of course it is still being taught. Where did I say it wasn't? It is no longer required. You don't drop something like that overnight!

I hope your school system drops it and has to spend millions to replace it. May your property tax bill increase to cover those costs make you so very proud of your collective ignorance.

What the fuck does your ignorant rant have to do with anything? Jeb Bush has on many occasions claimed he is for Common Core. That was the point I was making and it's still true.

I always prided myself on being able to pick the republican candidate years in advance. It was so easy, Republicans always went with the safe pick, the guy who came in second the last time, the well known candidate. There were no Carters, Clinton's or Obamas coming out of nowhere for the Republicans

I underestimated Trump and how easily he would dismantle Bush. Bush looked like a sputtering idiot next to Trump. I also overestimated Jebs charisma.......there was none. No charm, no wit.....not the guy you would want to have a beer with

I really blew this one
You blew it all right.

What passes for astute political commentary among conservatives

So why did you believe Jeb "had no chance ever"?

Several reasons:

1. He's a Bush.
3. He's a progressive.

When are all of you Common Core critics going to get the message? It's gone! History! Out of there! Congress shit-canned it and Ohdumber signed it!

If Trump and Hillary get the nominations, that will be the ultimate battle of ignorance.

I am just waiting for the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth when your property taxes increase to cover the cost of new curriculum and textbooks aligned to those new standards.

Of course it is still being taught. Where did I say it wasn't? It is no longer required. You don't drop something like that overnight!

I hope your school system drops it and has to spend millions to replace it. May your property tax bill increase to cover those costs make you so very proud of your collective ignorance.

What the fuck does your ignorant rant have to do with anything? Jeb Bush has on many occasions claimed he is for Common Core. That was the point I was making and it's still true.

I am too! Only ignorant people oppose it because they have no clue what it is!

I really blew this one
I'm shocked Trump is still in it.

figured they would have rallied behind the good looking spanish guy a long time ago

Several reasons:

1. He's a Bush.
3. He's a progressive.

If you are for it, YOU have no clue what it is. I happen to be married to a public school administrator. I know quite a lot about it.

I really blew this one
You blew it all right.

There you go again...calling me a con, when you know full well I am not one.

Why must you lie all the time like Hillary and your beloved Dear Leader...that you blow every day.

Are you high?

I'm saying you are totally full of crap with your "telling people what they want to hear". So now you are moving the goalpost.
goalposts.gif

Muslims celebrating?

If you are for it, YOU have no clue what it is. I happen to be married to a public school administrator. I know quite a lot about it.

So why does she oppose having standards? My bet is you don't understand the difference in standards and curriculum. Either that, or your wife doesn't either.

I have yet to see any critic of Common Core show me a standard with which they disagree. I blame that on complete ignorance of the topic from educator wannabees.

I really blew this one
You blew it all right.

There you go again...calling me a con, when you know full well I am not one.

Why must you lie all the time like Hillary and your beloved Dear Leader...that you blow every day.
Oh......let me guess

Ummmmm.......um........libertarian

Same shit just libertarians are bigger assholes

I really blew this one

Winger, when Kasich goes, it will mean massive change in the GOP no matter what happens. The old guard will be on the way out. If they have their way and nominate Rubio and he LOSES, all the old people will be removed from office pretty quickly, within a cycle or 2. If any of them win the Presidency, well then you know the path of the party will be decided by that person.

It is going to be interesting because the establishment is all in on Rubio. If they can't get him to win in the general after succeeding to push him into the nomination, they just all cost themselves their jobs.

If they can't get him the nomination at all, it will show they have lost total control of their party, and more will stand up to them and remove them. Very interesting indeed!

I too must admit I was wrong ,,never believed republicans as uneducated politically speaking, as they seem to be would ever support a vile disgusting pig like trump

Forum List

Back