ok is trying to alienate teachers?

People also ask

How do I make a video viewable and not downloadable?

To prevent commenters and viewers from downloading, printing, or copying your file:
  1. Select one or more files you want to limit.
  2. Click Share or Share .
  3. In the bottom right, click Advanced.
  4. Check the box next to "Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers."
  5. Click Save changes.
  6. Click Done.

The parents don;t have to let the kids watch it and so what if they did? All those kids already know what happened in class.

Yes, they do know what already know what happened in class, and having a video of Jonny making a fool out of himself to post on Social Media would be easy to find now since they would know what day and hour to look at.

Yes, they do know what already know what happened in class, and having a video of Jonny making a fool out of himself to post on Social Media would be easy to find now since they would know what day and hour to look at.

People also ask

To prevent commenters and viewers from downloading, printing, or copying your file:
  4. Check the box next to "Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers."
  5. Click Save changes.
  6. Click Done.

Oh yeah, the super secure top secret room that the parents that cannot come to the classroom due ot work are going to have to go to so they can sit and watch hours upon hours of videos.

How could I have forgotten that :cheers2:

Does he realize that admin buildings in school districts are only open during....working hours?

Maybe I missed it, but where is the money coming from to wire the school so that the cameras in each room feed into the storage device in the super secure room that the parents will come watch the videos in? Who is going to pay for the persons that will be required to take these video feeds from 100 plus room and categorize them, date them and ensure they are properly stored?

I believe he's beginning to recognize that the live feeds will create a boatload of privacy concerns and student right concerns. Well, now he wants to watch previously recorded video. Okay, now someone has to be paid to blur out the faces and voices of all kids in Special Ed, with IEPs, 505, and custodial restrictions. AT MINIMUM that's three children in every class of 20. A low, low estimate. And kids are not stationary in most classes.

Who's paid to do that?

My idea is better, but he will again just accuse me of being "afraid". Maybe I am. Abject, protracted ignorance is rather scary

People also ask​

5. Click Save changes.
  6. Click Done.

There are a good number of choices of software that allow you to record what is happing on the screen of your computer so that you can share it later. They are big with gamers doing tutorials or showing cool things they did. None of the above would stop that.

Does he realize that admin buildings in school districts are only open during....working hours?

People also ask

5. Click Save changes.
  6. Click Done.

There are a good number of choices of software that allow you to record what is happing on the screen of your computer so that you can share it later. They are big with gamers doing tutorials or showing cool things they did. None of the above would stop that.

Not to mention just recording the darn screen with a phone. Geez

The agreement the parent has to sign can include this stipulation.

Your excuses are just a lame as they were yesterday

I believe he's beginning to recognize that the live feeds will create a boatload of privacy concerns and student right concerns. Well, now he wants to watch previously recorded video. Okay, now someone has to be paid to blur out the faces and voices of all kids in Special Ed, with IEPs, 505, and custodial restrictions. AT MINIMUM that's three children in every class of 20. A low, low estimate. And kids are not stationary in most classes.

Who's paid to do that?

My idea is better, but he will again just accuse me of being "afraid". Maybe I am. Abject, protracted ignorance is rather scary

He is speaking from a position of ignorance, not having kids, never having kids in school and never being involved in the schools.

And he wants to do all of the above for basically no reason since he has admitted there is not a problem.

And what is to stop the kids from going on the computer when the parents are sleeping and making the video of little Johnny making a fool out of himself?

He is speaking from a position of ignorance, not having kids, never having kids in school and never being involved in the schools.

And he wants to do all of the above for basically no reason since he has admitted there is not a problem.
Parents have the absolute right to know exactly what goes on in public schools.

In fact more and more parents are expressing interest in classroom video and I would think they would comply with the very strictest of security protocols. It's only a matter of time before it is adopted as policy

You idiots seem to think that only teachers care about the welfare of the students.

Why should I trust a teacher more than the parent of a kid?

Sorry, no. An "agreement" from parents, not employees, with no accountability is not good enough when it comes to student safety. You might think I'm just being unreasonable. Not so. I used to have adults show up to my door, "I'm here to pick up so and so". Me, "Nope, you have to sign in at the office and they will call." Child, "But that's my grandpa!" Me, "I understand honey, but I have to follow the procedures."

When you don't follow procedures, you run the risk of Oxford. I can give on a lot of things, and I do. For instance I hate "behavior" "management" and I always have. Child or adult: who wants their behavior managed? But not on student safety. Never.

In fact more and more parents are expressing interest in classroom video and I would think they would comply with the very strictest of security protocols. It's only a matter of time before it is adopted as policy

You idiots seem to think that only teachers care about the welfare of the students.

Why should I trust a teacher more than the parent of a kid?

Those parents should homeschool. They are not equipped to send their children to anyone else.

I say this as a woman who raised two children and has taught thousands and thousands.

They should homeschool.

You keep going back to this because it sounds good. It SEEMS right.

But in real life, as it would play out, it's a violation of other students' right to privacy. Because it's not just YOUR child IN the class. Again after all this. You might have a right to know what goes on with YOUR child, but you don't have a right to know what goes on with ALL THE OTHER children.

There's really no way to square that. That's why the majority of parents in my community forum yesterday came down a hard "NO" on this.

Forum List

Back