OK Ted Cruz......Where do we go from here?

Considering we vote by district, and not apportioning via popular vote, We won the house, as in we won more districts and hence have more representatives than you do.

You win nothing for any excess votes in a district, as we win nothing for our excess votes in our winning districts.

So the fact you win certain urban districts by 70%-80% means nothing.

We. Won. The. House. Vote.

Neener neener.

You achieved a majority through gimmicks...congrats. The purpose to my post was saying you can't declare a "mandate of the people" by pointing to the house majority. Half the population DIDN'T vote for Republicans therefore there is no "will of the people" behind the GOP.

Considering we vote by district, and not apportioning via popular vote, We won the house, as in we won more districts and hence have more representatives than you do.

You win nothing for any excess votes in a district, as we win nothing for our excess votes in our winning districts.

Neener neener.

You achieved a majority through gimmicks...congrats. The purpose to my post was saying you can't declare a "mandate of the people" by pointing to the house majority. Half the population DIDN'T vote for Republicans therefore there is no "will of the people" behind the GOP.

Oh, and "safe" districts only belong to Republicans, right?

Most of your overvote comes from urban areas where people are dependent on government goodies. Its easy to win votes in places where you are the people's main provider.

WE OWN THE HOUSE. According to its rules we have the mandate of the people at that level of government.

Again, neener neener.

Neener neener.

Most of your overvote comes from urban areas where people are dependent on government goodies. Its easy to win votes in places where you are the people's main provider.

WE OWN THE HOUSE. According to its rules we have the mandate of the people at that level of government.

Again, neener neener.

Welfare usage is higher in lesser populated areas then in large urban enviroments per capita, try again.

Anyway...it doesn't matter "who" didn't vote for Republicans...what matters is 51% of the population DIDN'T.

Again, neener neener.

Welfare usage is higher in lesser populated areas then in large urban enviroments per capita, try again.

Anyway...it doesn't matter "who" didn't vote for Republicans...what matters is 51% of the population DIDN'T.

In a pure democracy, yes. In a representative republic it goes by the rules, and the rules state the Republican party controls the house, and thus has the mandate to enact laws as per the house's rules in the consitution.

And its not just welfare, urban areas are more dependent in general on the government kitty, thus they tend to support democrats, who love spending other people's money.

How about a nice cup of shut the fuck up for you as well?

He's implying that supporters of the shutdown are traitors, and he's a fucking liar.

I said nothing of the kind

Those who are willing to shut down our government for political gain are Un-American and disloyal

Those who support them are fucking Retards

So basically they are traitors in your view, semantics aside.

Those who think a shutdown is a good idea are not un-american, or disloyal. Those are big accusations to throw around against people who merely disagree with you politically.

Of course progressives only have emotion as a basis of argument, so I'm not very suprised by this.

No,,,I said that if you support the shutdown, you are a fucking Retard

Own it

In a pure democracy, yes. In a representative republic it goes by the rules, and the rules state the Republican party controls the house, and thus has the mandate to enact laws as per the house's rules in the consitution.

And its not just welfare, urban areas are more dependent in general on the government kitty, thus they tend to support democrats, who love spending other people's money.

Apparently you never saw the thread I posted

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/09/27/business/Big-Government-States.html?ref=business

Red States (ie mostly low populated states) are more dependent on Government spending as well as Public workers as well as more dependent on welfare per capita then traditional democrat states. Big Cities = Money Makers. Try once more. Also the well known fact most Red states take more federal tax dollars then they give, vice versa for most blue states.

I'm aware of the rules of the house. But there is a reason why presidents prefer to win the national popular vote. It carries prestige and "mandate of the people" with it. Some people here are posting that since they have a majority in the house they have some "will of the people" they don't.

They have a majority gained through gimmicks and district lines....nothing more.

Last edited:
I think that Ted is almost as smart as Palin!

This whole thing was not really about ACA, since everyone knew that shutting down the government would not impact ACA at all. It has always been about Ted. Ted engineered this, to get his name up to the top of the Republican bannar for the next presidential election. Unforntunately, it never occurred to him that he might have to have a plan B, if the democrats did not cave in. The end result is that, like Palin, he will have his 15 minutes of adulation by the Tea Party, and then slowly melt away as being another in a long line of failed tea party heros. Even the tea party is turning on him already.

Don't worry, Ted. You can bet that there will be a book deal and a reality show at the end of your rainbow!

Again, neener neener.

and the majority of the americans made sure the republicans controlled the purse strings so obama and the democrats couldn't run wild.

and the majority of the americans made sure the republicans controlled the purse strings so obama and the democrats couldn't run wild.

I'm sorry...but you're just flat out mathematically wrong. Only 49% of the country voted for Republican Candidates for the House. 49% is not a majority.

Apparently you never saw the thread I posted

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/09/27/business/Big-Government-States.html?ref=business

Red States (ie mostly low populated states) are more dependent on Government spending as well as Public workers as well as more dependent on welfare per capita then traditional democrat states. Big Cities = Money Makers. Try once more. Also the well known fact most Red states take more federal tax dollars then they give, vice versa for most blue states.

I'm aware of the rules of the house. But there is a reason why presidents prefer to win the national popular vote. It carries prestige and "mandate of the people" with it. Some people here are posting that since they have a majority in the house they have some "will of the people" they don't.

They have a majority gained through gimmicks and district lines....nothing more.

You do know that the main reason some of those numbers skew for red states is that a majority of FEDERAL LAND is in red states, as well as sizable military facilities?

Strip down the numbers to federal AID and you will see a different picture.

But that doesnt agree with your political agenda, so i guess you wont go looking.

You do know that the main reason some of those numbers skew for red states is that a majority of FEDERAL LAND is in red states, as well as sizable military facilities?

But that doesnt agree with your political agenda, so i guess you wont go looking.

Defense Contracts- Expenditures statistics - states compared worldwide - StateMaster

Military Spending is highest in California (huge...) Virginia, Texas, Maryland, and Connecticut. Of those only Texas is really a "red state". 3 of the top five are blue, and 1 is a swing state.

For federal land...please, parks are not a major part of the economy.

edit - to go further on this

11 out of the top 20 are blue states

3/20 are swing states (Virginia, Ohio, Florida)

6/20 are red states

To sum this up...your point is the opposite - blue states actually take in MORE military spending and yet STILL red states depend more on government spending then blue states do.

Last edited:

I'm sorry...but you're just flat out mathematically wrong. Only 49% of the country voted for Republican Candidates for the House. 49% is not a majority.

care to tell me what the make up of the house is, republican and how much is democrat. your analysis is national. members of the house are not elected nationally. so it has no bearing that the most populus state went a huge majority for their house representatives. again. liberal douchbags with the spin. what the hell is up with you guys and that shit anyway?

care to tell me what the make up of the house is, republican and how much is democrat. your analysis is national. members of the house are not elected nationally. so it has no bearing that the most populus state went a huge majority for their house representatives. again. liberal douchbags with the spin. what the hell is up with you guys and that shit anyway?

and the majority of the americans

This has direct reference to the population of America...you were implying that a majority of the United States voted for a Republican House. That is false.

Defense Contracts- Expenditures statistics - states compared worldwide - StateMaster

Military Spending is highest in California (huge...) Virginia, Texas, Maryland, and Connecticut. Of those only Texas is really a "red state". 3 of the top five are blue, and 1 is a swing state.

For federal land...please, parks are not a major part of the economy.

edit - to go further on this

11 out of the top 20 are blue states

3/20 are swing states (Virginia, Ohio, Florida)

6/20 are red states

To sum this up...your point is the opposite - blue states actually take in MORE military spending and yet STILL red states depend more on government spending then blue states do.

Military spending is high in those states due to large items being manufactured there, look into bases and base costs and see where the money goes.

You also didnt post things like where the grant money or the education money goes....

I'm waiting.

Well, you are walking a fine line there

Never used the term treason but there is little doubt that forcing a shutdown is destructive behavior. And "loyal" Americans put their country above their party

You implied it, and you know you did. And what you are talking about is putting one party above another, not a party above the country.

So far I dont see much destructiveness from the shutdown, I do see some forced media crap from the president vis a vis the WWII memorial, but thats about it.

So far life goes on, rivers still flow, squirrels are still busy storing nuts for the winter, and all is well.

Do I consider TeaTards treasonous? No I don't

Do I consider TeaTards to be loyal Americans? No I don't

Next time you might want to try something insulting. Coming from a Moonbat, what you wrote hurt nobody's feelings.

Military spending is high in those states due to large items being manufactured there, look into bases and base costs and see where the money goes.

You also didnt post things like where the grant money or the education money goes....

I'm waiting.

You're going in circles with this. I've proven enough of your points wrong.

and the majority of the americans

This has direct reference to the population of America...you were implying that a majority of the United States voted for a Republican House. That is false.

false only if members of the house were elected nationally. but they aren't. know what, even the president isn't elected by popular vote.

false only if members of the house were elected nationally. but they aren't. know what, even the president isn't elected by popular vote.

Then you're "Majority of Americans" comment has no value...okay, thanks.

I'm waiting.

You're going in circles with this. I've proven enough of your points wrong.

You havent proven anything, in particular that when it comes to the overvote, that democratic urban areas take the cake on it. The spending doesnt have to be federal (you introduced that point), the fact is democrats buy votes with goodies, and do it at ALL levels. This is why so many blue states and blue cities are BONED.

Forum List

Back