Okay why is obama a good president?

Actually, we disagreed with the three primary things he was given credit for:

1) turning the economy around. We believe that, if anything, he may have stunted the turn around. Unemployment barley moved despite markets rising. Fear of tax increases, cap and trade and healthcare law costs gave empoloyers reason to hold off hiring. May not have to agree...but the logic is there.

2) Healthcare Law. With so many questions about it....from consitutionality to the actual costs to the concern of accessibility to the conern of how it may RAISE healthcare costs...coupled with the finding that there was double dipping to make the numbers work and the fact that it is not even close to being in full force for another couple of years, it is irresponsible to say he was a good president for passing it. Maybe not a bad one either...we just dont know.

3) Nobel Peace Prize. No one can cite a single thing that HE DID to earn it. His speach writers mayber. Thje AMerican Punlic for electing a black president..maybe. But him? WHat has he done? Sitll in Iraq....Still in A-stan...GITMO still open. NEW military action in Libya...no "warm fuzzy feeling" from any NEW nations.

So..in essence...even the points you say are great reasons to say he is a good president have some douubts attached to it.

I dont disagree with all he does...I disagree with his poilicies overall...and one thing for sure....we are most certainly no better off now than we were 30 months ago.

We'll agree to disagree then.

So can you not think of a SINGLE thing that Obama has done that you have liked?

His handling of the Arizona Shooting showed great leadership
His comproimise with the GOP as it pertained to the Bush cut and unemploment extensions also showed great leadership.

But Bush also showed great leadership when we were attacked.

SO I dont think it wise to use those as reasons Obama is a great president.

Woah, we're talking about him being a good president. Let's not get crazy with "great". Baby steps. :)

His handling of the Arizona Shooting showed great leadership
His comproimise with the GOP as it pertained to the Bush cut and unemploment extensions also showed great leadership.

But Bush also showed great leadership when we were attacked.

SO I dont think it wise to use those as reasons Obama is a great president.

Woah, we're talking about him being a good president. Let's not get crazy with "great". Baby steps. :)

lol.....slip of the lip.

Anyway...as usual....good debate. Gotta go. Have a great weekend.

sure. he got the pendulm to swing back much quicker than expected which gave the house back to the republicans and greatly closed the gap in the senate.

LOL, like I was saying. That's some "compliment".

That would be like saying "I like Obama because he hasn't raped my mother."

my mother is dead.

but i do credit him with getting more of the balance of power back in the hands of the republicans

sure. he got the pendulm to swing back much quicker than expected which gave the house back to the republicans and greatly closed the gap in the senate.

my mother is dead.

but i do credit him with getting more of the balance of power back in the hands of the republicans

Now allow me to take over and ask part 2 of the question, what that Obama did will Republicans not do the more power they gain?

my mother is dead.

Now allow me to take over and ask part 2 of the question, what that Obama did will Republicans not do the more power they gain?

go on oprah

Whats amazing about this?
Not one liberal can carry on a debate
For instance I thought GWB tax cuts where the best thing ever done for the working people in this country
To prove my point all one has to do is review the jobs created and wealth allowed to keep
I would then provide 2 links
Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2010 and 2011
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt
Not one Liberal can do that
I have not seen it yet

There have been more jobs created in the first two years of President Obama's term than in 8 years of Bush being President. Perhaps you don't recall that we were losing 700,000 jobs a month when President Obama took office?

For instance I thought GWB tax cuts where the best thing ever done for the working people in this country
To prove my point all one has to do is review the jobs created and wealth allowed to keep
I have not seen it yet

There have been more jobs created in the first two years of President Obama's term than in 8 years of Bush being President. Perhaps you don't recall that we were losing 700,000 jobs a month when President Obama took office?

I hate to be the one to tell you this
but Obama has about 12 million jobs to create to break even with what Bush created in his 8 years
sorry

2001...... 131,826 110,708 23,873 606 6,826 16,441
2002...... 130,341 108,828 22,557 583 6,716 15,259
2003...... 129,999 108,416 21,816 572 6,735 14,510
2004...... 131,435 109,814 21,882 591 6,976 14,315
2005...... 133,703 111,899 22,190 628 7,336 14,226
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,531 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524

Obama is 6 million in the hole
GWB created about 6 million

Last edited:
I have not seen it yet

That is an abject lie.

The Nobel Prize Committee is recognizing a major step forward in American society. If you want to be proud of it, good, I sure am.

Getting elected to the Presidency is no small accomplishment....especially when you are a mixed breed black with a name like Barack Hussein Obama. The political rise to power by Obama was an historic event and was rightfully acknowledged

Rw.....these 3.... Martin Luther King, Desmund Tutu and Nelson Mandella all did a few things to EARN this thing....what the fuck did Obama do that did something to bring people together,end someones suffering,stop genocide whatever.....what the fuck did he do?.....winning an election is not bringing about peace........that just says he should have won the Politician of the year award....

Feel free to discuss.

If you do not believe that the United States electing its first black president was a significant historical event. Feel free to explain why

Why would you intentionally spin the meaning of my post?

Are you that insecure with your position?
Are you seeking to discredit me?

Or are you simply acting like an ass?

Why are you ducking the question? You claim I am reaching...so show where I am reaching

Explain to me why you think the United States electing a black president after hundreds of years of discrimination was not an historically signiificant event?

it is Rw....but he is only half Black.....now what accomplishment did Obama do that should garner him the peace prize?

Why are you ducking the question? You claim I am reaching...so show where I am reaching

Explain to me why you think the United States electing a black president after hundreds of years of discrimination was not an historically signiificant event?

not all historical events are good things

this was a positive move for this Country....

it is Rw....but he is only half Black.....now what accomplishment did Obama do that should garner him the peace prize?
He did absolutely nothing to earn that prize.

I would have gained some serious respect for the man right off the bat had he politely declined it, and stated something to the effect of, "I haven't earned this honor yet, but I will do all in my power to at least be nominated for one in the future that is rightfully earned".

His accepting that award, only showed his true elitist attitude....He deserves zero respect for accepting it.

Unfortunately, in US racial history there is no "half black" Whites made the rules, if you had any black in you.....you paid the price

For a black man, especially one of mixed breed named Barack Hussein Obama to put together a political coalition to get elected to the most powerful office on earth is quite an accomplishment.

It only took 140 years

Unfortunately, in US racial history there is no "half black" Whites made the rules, if you had any black in you.....you paid the price

For a black man, especially one of mixed breed named Barack Hussein Obama to put together a political coalition to get elected to the most powerful office on earth is quite an accomplishment.

It only took 140 years
So, why can't you answer the question?

What did he do to earn the NPP?

It only took 140 years

He established a coalition to earn enough votes to be elected President of the US. A major accomplishment in a historically racist country and a critical event in racial tolerance. A follow-on to the prizes won by MLK, Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandella

Last edited:

It only took 140 years

He established a coalition to earn enough votes to be elected President of the US. A major accomplishment in a historically racist country and a critical event in racial tolerance. A follow-on to the prizes won by MLK, Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandella
What a bunch of fuckin' hogwash.

It's the voters who elected his inept ass so, it should go to the voters, based on your weird lil' scenario.....The Dodgers should have received one for breaking the color barrier, also....Or how about the US Army/Airforce for establishing the Tuskegee airman?

And tell me just what the fuck did he do that even comes close to anything Mandela, MLK, or Tutu did?

Unbelievable.....Obama gets a NPP for absolutley nothing....And where is Reagans?

5333277156_038f02c717_b.jpg

This is just one of the reasons that President Obama is a good President.

What Has Obama Done So Far

What a bunch of fuckin' hogwash.

It's the voters who elected his inept ass so, it should go to the voters, based on your weird lil' scenario.....The Dodgers should have received one for breaking the color barrier, also....Or how about the US Army/Airforce for establishing the Tuskegee airman?

And tell me just what the fuck did he do that even comes close to anything Mandela, MLK, or Tutu did?

Unbelievable.....Obama gets a NPP for absolutley nothing....And where is Reagans?

I believe it was Jackie Robinson who was honored for breaking the color barrier in baseball. Not the people who selected him

In the scope of achievement on the world stage, POTUS equals MLK, Tutu and Mandella in the acceptance of blacks in once racist countries

Forum List

Back