Old picture of a famous TV sitcom actress. You'll never guess!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
I won't say yet, see if you can guess.
GRANNY.jpg

Yep! Did you guess or had you seen this pic before? Granted the pic is probably 50 years prior to her Granny role but there just wasn't any resemblance I could see.

Theoretically he could have held his cursor over your OP picture, if you do that it says GRANNY.jpg and he could just have guessed Granny as in The Beverly Hillbillies as your thread titles does say OLD picture of a FAMOUS TV sitcom actress.

I won't say yet, see if you can guess.
View attachment 327911

Here in the middle of the picture is Irene Ryan in the 1948 film "Texas, Brooklyn and Heaven" she is almost already unrecognisable from the picture in your OP when she was 18 years in age in 1920, below she would be 46 years in age:

View attachment 327928
Wow even at 46? She must have had a hard life, she was a total knockout!

Yes she was incredibly beautiful at the age of 18 and TOTALLY unrecognisable at 46, even if you would have posted a picture of her at age 46 I don't think anyone automatically would have thought it was the SAME Irene Ryan. I can't find alot about her early life only she was married to the actor Tim Ryan and they were married from 1922-1942, but there is nothing about any traumatic happenings or a hard life, but as you comment there must have been something because I can't see how someone goes from being very beautiful at 18 to being completely unrecognisable less than 20 years later.

Forum List

Back