On guns: "Do the right thing!"

Comprehensive. Now there’s a loaded word.
Make sure you educate everyone that you’re more likely to get shot if you carry a gun.

Hanging around in crime-ridden areas of Philly is more likely to get you shot.

Someone else getting shot isn't my concern, unless I'm the person shooting them.

Get educated in the use of your weapon. Learn to use it safely and correctly. Be trained. Learn about the use of deadly force and the concept of escalation of force.

In short, be responsible and you stand less of a chance of being shot.

Aside from that, your links mean dick. You claimed a Quinnipiac poll showed that 98% of all Americans want universal background checks.

Thus far, you've proven to be a complete failure at backing up that statement...
You never once mentioned the huge liability that comes with carrying a firearm. You never mentioned that you’re four times more likely to get shot often with your own firearm.

BTW, background checks are even more popular then AGW, another bellwether for honesty.

You never once mentioned the huge liability that comes with carrying a firearm. You never mentioned that you’re four times more likely to get shot often with your own firearm.

Yeah...uninformed people answering a poll is your evidence. The first thing you have to do is ask the respondents....do you know that we already have federally mandated background checks? That question is a good beginning to understand if you are dealing with an uninformed person...

Then, you ask them if they understand that universal background checks require gun registration....then ask them...do you know what happens in countries with gun registration?

Gun registration is always the prerequisite step to gun banning and confiscation.....then ask them your poll question again...

Then, ask them how criminals get their illegal guns....

Then ask them if they understand that when a criminal steals their gun, they don't go through a background check,

Then tell them that criminals use straw buyers, people who can pass any background check, usually a baby momma, mother or grand mother of the criminal to buy the gun, often under threat of physical violence.......

Uninformed people do not support your bullshit...

You never once mentioned the huge liability that comes with carrying a firearm.

I certainly have...

You never mentioned that you’re four times more likely to get shot often with your own firearm.

Well, if that's true, that's not something for you to worry about...

So, you lied.

In post #271 you made this statement:

“A survey found that more than 90% of Americans supported universal background checks, and that, on average, Americans thought they would be more effective than any other gun policy."

But that's not what your link says at all.

Nearly all American voters support background checks for everyone who tries to buy a gun, according to the results of a new survey.

Key results in the Quinnipiac University National Poll:

• 94% of U.S. voters are in favor of laws that would require background checks for all gun purchases, including 90% of gun owners.
  • 61% support stricter gun laws. The only groups opposed to that idea, at least according to the poll, are Republicans, gun owners, and voters who live in a house with guns.
  • 77% said they support requiring people to have a license before they buy a gun.
  • 63% support a nationwide ban on selling assault weapons.

"A nation with more guns than people and a history of horrifying mass shootings continues to call — or cry — for tighter gun regulation," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

So, liar, howasabout you help me find the word "universal" in there?

The fact is you can't. The reason you can't is, just like every other anti-American dipshit lib, you have to lie because the truth doesn't serve your purposes.

You're a complete failure...

I certainly have...

Well, if that's true, that's not something for you to worry about...

So, you lied.

In post #271 you made this statement:

“A survey found that more than 90% of Americans supported universal background checks, and that, on average, Americans thought they would be more effective than any other gun policy."

But that's not what your link says at all.

Nearly all American voters support background checks for everyone who tries to buy a gun, according to the results of a new survey.

Key results in the Quinnipiac University National Poll:

• 94% of U.S. voters are in favor of laws that would require background checks for all gun purchases, including 90% of gun owners.

• 61% support stricter gun laws. The only groups opposed to that idea, at least according to the poll, are Republicans, gun owners, and voters who live in a house with guns.

• 77% said they support requiring people to have a license before they buy a gun.

• 63% support a nationwide ban on selling assault weapons.

"A nation with more guns than people and a history of horrifying mass shootings continues to call — or cry — for tighter gun regulation," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

So, liar, howasabout you help me find the word "universal" in there?

The fact is you can't. The reason you can't is, just like every other anti-American dipshit lib, you have to lie because the truth doesn't serve your purposes.

You're a complete failure...
I never lied. The original post came from a 2015 poll shit head. I then posted the new numbers from the Q poll. Of course, you're too illiterate to read more then one post I made on the subject at a time. Now you’re debating what ?

Universal background checks are only preferred by 94% instead of 90% which I originally and correctly referred too. Either way, you’re a loser.

look at the rest of the poll dufus. 77% think you need to be licensed before you can buy a gun…..63% nation wide ban on assault weapons.

so tell us…..you get this shit then.
Here illiterate.

Last edited:
I never lied. The original post came from a 2015 post shit head. I then posted the new numbers from the Q poll. Of course, you're too illiterate to read more then one post I made on the subject at a time. Now you’re debating what ?

Universal background checks are only preferred by 94% instead of 90% which I originally and correctly referred too. Either way, you’re a loser.

look at the rest of the poll dufus. 77% think you need to be licensed before you can buy a gun…..63% nation wide ban on assault weapons.

Stop trying to deflect. You suck at it.

YOUR comment was that 94% of Americans support universal background checks. Yet, when challenged on that idiotic claim, you doubled-down and stupidly provided a link which proved you were lying. Then you try to deflect by saying "Look at the rest of the blahblahblah..."

The fact of the matter is that, despite you being stupid enough to claim otherwise, 94% of Americans do not support universal background checks, and nothing you've provided thus far gives anyone any reason to believe differently.

I bet you wore a helmet on the playground when you were a kid, didn't you?

94% of U.S. voters are in favor of laws that would require background checks for all gun purchases, including 90% of gun owners.
That’s what “universal“ means…..all gun purchases.
IMO, it should be “all transference of ownership”
You gun a holics should not be able to transfer possession by gifting firearms. That’s a big loop hole for straw buyers now.

I never lied. The original post came from a 2015 poll shit head. I then posted the new numbers from the Q poll. Of course, you're too illiterate to read more then one post I made on the subject at a time. Now you’re debating what ?

Here illiterate.

The poll is bullshit when you don't tell the truth....

How about this question?

Do you support laws that reduce accidental car deaths?

( The law we want? All privately owned cars will be destroyed and all citizens will be forced to take public transportation)

Can you see how your poll on background checks is bullshit?

You gun a holics should not be able to transfer possession by gifting firearms. That’s a big loop hole for straw buyers now.

No...it isn't you moron...

Criminals aren't getting their guns from private sales, they are getting them from straw buyers...people who are going into the sale knowing they are selling to criminals...or the criminals steal their guns....

You doofus....

The only reason morons like you want universal background checks is to demand gun registration...

Stop trying to deflect. You suck at it.

YOUR comment was that 94% of Americans support universal background checks. Yet, when challenged on that idiotic claim, you doubled-down and stupidly provided a link which proved you were lying. Then you try to deflect by saying "Look at the rest of the blahblahblah..."

The fact of the matter is that, despite you being stupid enough to claim otherwise, 94% of Americans do not support universal background checks, and nothing you've provided thus far gives anyone any reason to believe differently.

I bet you wore a helmet on the playground when you were a kid, didn't you?
Lazy ass, my original post was 90%. Are you that stupid you’re going to argue that more people then I originally posted think you gun a holics should be curtailed and controlled instead of allowing you to throw guns into the criminal market. You’re insane. No wonder Trump luvs his merry band of idiot proud boys and their supporters.

Here illiterate.

Try this...you idiot...

In the first major poll since the shootings in Uvalde and Buffalo, Quinnipiac University found support for an assault weapons ban actually dropped. It’s now at just 50 percent, which is the lowest level it has ever been since Quinnipiac started asking about a ban in 2013.

The newest finding puts support for banning assault weapons 17 points lower than its peak just a few years ago. It’s just one poll, of course, but others show a substantial drop in support since the national ban passed back in 1994. One of the oldest polls on a ban found support was up at 80 percent.

The Quinnipiac poll is telling beyond just the raw numbers too. In the wake of horrific shootings, such as the recent attacks in Buffalo and Uvalde, support for gun-control measures tends to increase significantly. For nearly every other policy Quinnipiac polled, that was the case. But not for an assault weapons ban.

And, again, it wasn’t just Republicans driving opposition to a ban. Independents also opposed the ban by a three-point margin.
-----
In 1959, Gallup found 60 percent of Americans favored a total ban on handguns. But, as time went by, that number began to fall. By 2021, the same poll found just 19 percent support. That’s even though handguns are by far the most common weapon used in homicides and other serious crimes.

That attitude shift likely had a lot to do with the increasing popularity of handguns among the general public. Multiple polls over the past decade or more indicate people buy guns primarily for self-defense. At the same time, handguns have surpassed rifles and shotguns as the best-selling category of firearms in the United States.

Well, tough shit. That's not how it is.

Several of the guns I own were inherited, including a Colt Python .357 which will take someone's head damn near off their shoulders. I carry that when I want pussies like you to be even more scared of guns.

:laughing0301:

On a more serious note, it's evident that you don't like guns and are afraid of them (regardless of how unwarranted that fear is). Accordingly, what are you doing about the problem you think exists?

Are you communicating with your elected officials? Are you attending community meetings regarding the subject?

Or are you just whining on the internet?

Well, tough shit. That's not how it is.

Several of the guns I own were inherited, including a Colt Python .357 which will take someone's head damn near off their shoulders. I carry that when I want pussies like you to be even more scared of guns.

:laughing0301:

On a more serious note, it's evident that you don't like guns and are afraid of them (regardless of how unwarranted that fear is). Accordingly, what are you doing about the problem you think exists?

Are you communicating with your elected officials? Are you attending community meetings regarding the subject?

Or are you just whining on the internet?
Wow…..you live in a dream world. The difference between you and me is, I have a permit to carry when I feel I need to. You carry just to get a hard on. Yup, you do need a BC.

Wow…..you live in a dream world. The difference between you and me is, I have a permit to carry when I feel I need to. You carry just to get a hard on. Yup, you do need a BC.

No, I carry because their are shitty people in the world who'll do you harm if given half a chance. I know this. I've been the target of crime. I was not a victim of crime, however, because I carry a gun.

As for the background check, you've already acknowledged that a background check was conducted when I got my CCW.

I don't believe for a second you have a carry permit. I think this is just you lying again. After all, you've proven to us that lying is the only thing you have any proficiency at.

I honestly hope you're never the target of crime and, if you are, I hope you're never a victim of it. But I really believe that you would be...

Forum List

Back