On Monday President Obama Will Issue Another Executive Order

A few other "dictators" (Lyndon B Johnson and Richard Nixon) already wrote the EO's...he's penciling in the gays.

I don't grasp government validation, never will. Good companies don't care who you sleep with. And most don't. The idea that you need government to pat you on the back and tell you that you're OK is unfathomable to me.

"Good companies" also didn't care what color your skin was, what religion you are, what gender you are, etc...and yet those laws, protecting those minorities from firing, remain in place. You seem to only object to the fact that gays are added to them, not that they exist at all.

LOL, sometimes I think you're probably not an idiot, then there's now.

Yeah, sweetie, I object to all laws banning discrimination. Do you ever actually read anything I post? I am seriously wondering what's wrong with you right now that you would think I'm in favor of government telling businesses who they can hire. Even if I hadn't come out and stated it so many times, it is contrary to everything I've ever posted.

None of the discrimination laws are necessary. We are in business to make money and hire the best employees. Companies that don't do that correct themselves by harming themselves. And seriously, if a redneck bar doesn't want to hire blacks, do blacks seriously want to work there? Most businesses don't care who you sleep with or what the color of your skin is. And if the do, there are endless ways to discriminate. The only thing that anti-discrimination laws do it give government another vehicle to exert leftists authoritarian control over our economy.

And again...

You seem to only object to the fact that gays are added to them, not that they exist at all.

:cuckoo:

Seriously, you need to ask yourself why you cannot retain and process information after all this discussion that you would seriously think that I'm in favor of government doing that. Seriously.

Glorious.

"You can't force me to bake a gay wedding cake!"

Actually, yes. Yes we can. Thus saith President Obama.

Such delicious conservatard tears.

The order would not apply to bakeries, but thanks for proving that Liberal Media doesn't pay any attention to facts.

Seawyt[LEFT said:
[/LEFT]ch;9475401]An Executive Order barring companies contracted with the government from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity. It basically adds sexual orientation and gender discrimination to existing Federal hiring and contracting rules.

Just another exceptional reason NOT to do business with the Government if you own a company.

Every regulation government creates is just another vehicle they use to screw us.

In extending the new protections, Mr. Obama is building on two longstanding executive orders. He is adding sexual orientation and gender identity to the list of protections that apply to federal contractors and that were approved by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965. And he is adding gender identity as a protected category to a 1969 directive by President Richard M. Nixon that applies to federal employees, which was later amended by President Bill Clinton to include sexual orientation.​
"Dictator" Obama is just adding "the gheys" to "dictator Johnson and Nixon's" EOs.

You missed this part:

President George W. Bush had amended Johnson's order in 2002 to allow religious groups to hire and fire based upon religious identity. Churches also are able to hire ministers as they see fit. The senior administration officials said Obama will not change those exemptions.

Yup, well aware and agree completely. Not a lot of churches contract with the government do they?

Quite a few of them, actually. Any church that runs a homeless shelter, has a food kitchen, or offers aid for rent or utilities to anyone is probably getting federal money to assist them. Maybe you should pay more attention.

What exactly is he signing??

An Executive Order barring companies contracted with the government from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity. It basically adds sexual orientation and gender discrimination to existing Federal hiring and contracting rules.

Correct.

The EO is consistent with the Constitution and its case law and the president's authority afforded him by Article II of the Constitution.

Anyone who disagrees with the president is at liberty to challenge the EO in Federal court.

But until such time as the Supreme Court rules otherwise, the president's action is legal and Constitutional.

Accusations that the president is acting as a 'dictator' are ignorance and partisan, nothing more than ridiculous demagoguery and fear-mongering.

Damn, this is even dumber than your usual posts.

Tell me something, oh font of all nonsense, how the fuck does the average person get standing to challenge an EO of any president?

It's a toothless EO as far as I'm concerned which is good for the Constitution. So long as it doesn't tear down the freedoms expressly written in the Bill of Rights. The Government shouldn't be involved in issues of marriage , sexual orientation, etc.. Live and let live. .. but when you try to FORCE your lifestyle on the rest of us as in any freedom being taken away or harmed-then I have a problem.

How can anyone FORCE their "lifestyle"* on another? Do not invite others you disagree with to your home, ignore their presence, its easy.

*An invented word I do not use, when possible.

They can force their lifestyle on me with laws that require me to attend weddings simply because I offer a service to the public. The same thing occurred when blue laws were in force, a minority of people and special interest groups were forcing their lifestyle on other people. If you oppose one, you should oppose both.

Any other stupid questions?

America's best (and really, the ONLY) ally in the Middle West is being attacked, Europe's security is threatened by a former KGB thug and the southern border is breached by coyotes, dumping helpless kids in America, Obama worries about freaks of nature.

Figures.

Who? Israel? Ally? How many Israeli soldiers died in Afghanistan, or Iraq, fighting with us as our ally?

How man Israeli civilians died as a result of Afghanistan and Iraq?

This thread just proves my point from yesterday. This is just the beginning of rightwing religious tyranny. It was never just about 'abortion pills' with Hobby Lobby. It was never just about insurance policies.

It's about conservative Christian extremists demanding the right to discriminate in any manner they choose,

as long as they do it hiding behind Jesus's skirts.

Resisting tyranny is tyranny now? Congratulations on being fluent in Newspeak.

A few other "dictators" (Lyndon B Johnson and Richard Nixon) already wrote the EO's...he's penciling in the gays.

I don't grasp government validation, never will. Good companies don't care who you sleep with. And most don't. The idea that you need government to pat you on the back and tell you that you're OK is unfathomable to me.

"Good companies" also didn't care what color your skin was, what religion you are, what gender you are, etc...and yet those laws, protecting those minorities from firing, remain in place. You seem to only object to the fact that gays are added to them, not that they exist at all.

You seem to have a problem comprehending English.

They're not gonna make me do gay stuff are they?

You have to get your gay on once a week.

Nah...better start out slow. That much fabulous once a week can be detrimental to the straights, they can't handle it ;)

Start with some tasteful up lighting.
80.gif
80.gif

America's best (and really, the ONLY) ally in the Middle West is being attacked, Europe's security is threatened by a former KGB thug and the southern border is breached by coyotes, dumping helpless kids in America, Obama worries about freaks of nature.

Figures.

Who? Israel? Ally? How many Israeli soldiers died in Afghanistan, or Iraq, fighting with us as our ally?

Are you kidding?
That would be like putting a fire out with gasoline. :eek:

The administration officials said the change for federal contracting will impact some 24,000 companies with 28 million workers, or one-fifth of the U.S. workforce. Many large federal contractors already have employment policies barring anti-gay workplace discrimination, as do 21 states. However, the Williams Institute at UCLA Law School estimates that the executive order would extend protections to about 14 million workers whose employers or states currently do not have such nondiscrimination policies.

I like the downplaying...so cute.

There are only 9 million gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender's in the U.S.A. according to that same group the Williams Institute.
You know that the information the gay's are using for the discrimination, comes from records that is from the 1950's? When there really was a lot of discrimination.
This is insane.

An Executive Order barring companies contracted with the government from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity. It basically adds sexual orientation and gender discrimination to existing Federal hiring and contracting rules.
Keep it in the closet and stop forcing their deviant sexual practices on everyone and they would not need stupid EO's from the stupid in chief.

Glorious.

"You can't force me to bake a gay wedding cake!"

Actually, yes. Yes we can. Thus saith President Obama.

Such delicious conservatard tears.
Forced to except an idiots deviant sex practices, typical of the fag loving obamashitforbarins. No tears here idiot, laughing at you idiots.

It's a toothless EO as far as I'm concerned which is good for the Constitution. So long as it doesn't tear down the freedoms expressly written in the Bill of Rights. The Government shouldn't be involved in issues of marriage , sexual orientation, etc.. Live and let live. .. but when you try to FORCE your lifestyle on the rest of us as in any freedom being taken away or harmed-then I have a problem.

How can anyone FORCE their "lifestyle"* on another? Do not invite others you disagree with to your home, ignore their presence, its easy.

*An invented word I do not use, when possible.

They can force their lifestyle on me with laws that require me to attend weddings simply because I offer a service to the public. The same thing occurred when blue laws were in force, a minority of people and special interest groups were forcing their lifestyle on other people. If you oppose one, you should oppose both.

Any other stupid questions?

You're not forced to cater weddings.

So there are actually businesses in this county run by religious nuts so nutty that they will refrain from doing business with the government if it means they will have to treat gay Americans like everyone else?

good lord...

Forum List

Back