On the Pleasure of Hating.

It's apparent some like to hate and some argue just for the sake of argument with no passion.

And Others are G.T.

I think GT loves to hate = me.

(BTW, Marion, Tainant is going around stirring it up with his anti American crap.)
You attacked me yesterday for talking about morality in your morality thread. You take it so deep and say such disturbing things that I have to rather HOPE you're not some obsessive. You tried to CONTROL the discussion, you bickered and neenered about little things that didn't matter - and then you tried to tell others they were bickerers and control freaks.

Howe the fuck do you consider yourself a sensible person would be something for the library of Alexandria.

I believe these exchanges were a perfect example of how much pleasure people get from hating. The thing is it can’t be maintained and it does not lead to happiness.

It's apparent some like to hate and some argue just for the sake of argument with no passion.

And Others are G.T.

(BTW, Marion, Tainant is going around stirring it up with his anti American crap.)
You attacked me yesterday for talking about morality in your morality thread. You take it so deep and say such disturbing things that I have to rather HOPE you're not some obsessive. You tried to CONTROL the discussion, you bickered and neenered about little things that didn't matter - and then you tried to tell others they were bickerers and control freaks.

Howe the fuck do you consider yourself a sensible person would be something for the library of Alexandria.
She is a woman you should know better by now.

And Others are G.T.

Should I put all that on my resume?

And Others are G.T.

One does not simply try to figure women out.

And Others are G.T.

Shouldn't you be retired by now? What the fuck.

And Others are G.T.

One simply learns to live without them..

And Others are G.T.

Shouldn't you be retired by now? What the fuck.

You're trying every trick in the book. lmao.

And Others are G.T.

When it's the wife, it's mutual respect.
When it's a biddy unworthy of the D - the internetzz makes it easy to shut it down like Reagan sonning Gorbachev

And Others are G.T.

Let's not derail this thread. It appears you like to hate certain aspects of co-habitating with women.

And Others are G.T.

That sounds too desolate man! Girls make good friends and lovers, it's the oddish psychotic thirsties that you need to worry about.

The pleasure of hating, like a poisonous mineral, eats into the heart of religion, and turns it to rankling spleen and bigotry; it makes patriotism an excuse for carrying fire, pestilence, and famine into other lands: it leaves to virtue nothing but the spirit of censoriousness, and a narrow, jealous, inquisitorial watchfulness over the actions and motives of others. What have the different sects, creeds, doctrines in religion been but so many pretexts set up for men to wrangle, to quarrel, to tear one another in pieces about, like a target as a mark to shoot at? Does any one suppose that the love of country in an Englishman implies any friendly feeling or disposition to serve another bearing the same name? No, it means only hatred to the French or the inhabitants of any other country that we happen to be at war with for the time. Does the love of virtue denote any wish to discover or amend our own faults? No, but it atones for an obstinate adherence to our own vices by the most virulent intolerance to human frailties. This principle is of a most universal application. It extends to good as well as evil: if it makes us hate folly, it makes us no less dissatisfied with distinguished merit. If it inclines us to resent the wrongs of others, it impels us to be as impatient of their prosperity. We revenge injuries: we repay benefits with ingratitude. Even our strongest partialities and likings soon take this turn.

"That which was luscious as locusts, anon becomes bitter as coloquintida;" and love and friendship melt in their own fires. We hate old friends: we hate old books: we hate old opinions; and at last we come to hate ourselves.

Wm. Hazlitt - "On The Pleasure Of Hating" (c.1826).
Just like tickles and pleasure travel on the same nerves as excruciating pain, hatred is a strong reaction to something we have come to experience in a negative light. That negative light on a topic can be taught; it can be stumbled upon during a bad personal experience. It can also, to a large extent, be controlled. I think Mr. Hazlitt was having a REALLY bad day when he wrote the above. How sad that he felt that way. I would have made him an apple crisp and visited to talk about the good old days with him. Sounds so depressed, doesn't he?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Let's not derail this thread. It appears you like to hate certain aspects of co-habitating with women.
I do want a two income household while living alone..

That sounds too desolate man! Girls make good friends and lovers, it's the oddish psychotic thirsties that you need to worry about.
WTF do you mean they are all psychotic thirsties...

I do want a two income household while living alone..
Become a cam girl when you get home from work. Make sure you have a Patreon!

Forum List

Back