On What Planet Are Most Gas Prices Below $3/gal? Not In U. S. - Is Someone Lying About Prices?

...and it's STILL a small amount. But hey, I'm not surprised to see libs throw onesies and twosies to try to prove a macro point.

At least that's a tad better than lying.
...and it's STILL a small amount. But hey, I'm not surprised to see libs throw onesies and twosies to try to prove a macro point.

Which means that the premise of this thread is wrong.

This is an easy fact for every person to verify....no need for a link.

Most prices are ABOVE $3.00 not BELOW.

Ooops.

The average inflation adjusted price for gasoline over the years is about $2.60 per gallon. So currently, we are paying a bit more than the average over the years. However, it is cheaper to drive today than it was during most times in the past because cars today get much better gas mileage. During the 50's, gasoline averaged right around $2.50 per gallon in inflation adjusted dollars, but since today's cars get substantially better gas mileage, the cost to drive is actually less than times when gas was actually cheaper.

So basically over 50 years of progress and technology is down the drain since we're still paying the same amount or higher on average to operate our vehicles. Guess it's a damn good thing for technology or we wouldn't be able to afford to drive at all right now.

Ooops.

The average inflation adjusted price for gasoline over the years is about $2.60 per gallon. So currently, we are paying a bit more than the average over the years. However, it is cheaper to drive today than it was during most times in the past because cars today get much better gas mileage. During the 50's, gasoline averaged right around $2.50 per gallon in inflation adjusted dollars, but since today's cars get substantially better gas mileage, the cost to drive is actually less than times when gas was actually cheaper.

So basically over 50 years of progress and technology is down the drain since we're still paying the same amount or higher on average to operate our vehicles. Guess it's a damn good thing for technology or we wouldn't be able to afford to drive at all right now.
Science and technology are offering lighter and more efficient gas vehicles as well as hybrid and electric alternatives

Ooops.

Science and technology are offering lighter and more efficient gas vehicles as well as hybrid and electric alternatives

You apparently didn't read the post that I responded to. Go figure. lol

Ooops.

LOL. Yep

LOL, the premise of this thread is not hard to get. Even for someone as uneducated as you.

LOL, the premise of this thread is not hard to get. Even for someone as uneducated as you.

The title then should obviously be changed to Econchick Lied.......Again.

Paid $2.97 a gallon yesterday

Thanks President Obama

If you like low gas prices....vote Democrat

So when it went up to 4 dollars should we have thanked Obama? And seeing that Obama wanted gas prices up, I guess that means he gets the credit for prices being up.. why then would we or anyone thank him for bringing them back down to Pre Obama Presidency levels, where Bush had prices? In fact arnt they still a lil high? BTW, Gas is still well over 3.50$ here.

Do you dream about Obama fucking you or you fucking him RW? Cus you sound a lil obsessed.

Because they were below $2/gallon when Obama took office and it's taken him this long to get them back down to almost $3?
I paid over $4 a gallon under that bastard Bush

Won't catch me voting Republican

Yeah, I remember when Katrina temporarily shut down a large portion of our refinery and transportation capabilities and drove prices into that range. Please don't stop trying, though.
Bush raised the prices to enrich his oil buddies

Oh boy, that's rich. Got any evidence, or do I just chalk that up to another idiotic liberal fantasy? I suppose next will be an assertion that the government has a machine that can steer hurricanes. That's about as believable.
Some liberals actually said BUSH created katrina and steered it to New Orleans. So he could hurt the poor black folks. So liberals think there is a machine.
That no credibility liberal hack Soledad O'Brien started blathering on and on as to how she had it on good authority that the Army Corps of Engineers blew up the levee protecting the lower 9th ward.

Closest to me a BP station at $2.98 early this morning. Less than 2 miles away bought at Meijers for $2.91.

I paid over $4 a gallon under that bastard Bush

Won't catch me voting Republican

Yeah, I remember when Katrina temporarily shut down a large portion of our refinery and transportation capabilities and drove prices into that range. Please don't stop trying, though.
Bush raised the prices to enrich his oil buddies

Oh boy, that's rich. Got any evidence, or do I just chalk that up to another idiotic liberal fantasy? I suppose next will be an assertion that the government has a machine that can steer hurricanes. That's about as believable.
Some liberals actually said BUSH created katrina and steered it to New Orleans. So he could hurt the poor black folks. So liberals think there is a machine.

Link?
oh please. Katrina was an historical event. If you were out of touch with news accounts that is YOUR problem.
Screaming LINK!!!! every time you don't like the facts does not make them any less factual.
Do you own fucking homework.

Paid $2.97 a gallon yesterday

Thanks President Obama

If you like low gas prices....vote Democrat
Liar
Average Prices By State - New Jersey Gas Prices

Not only did I pay $2.97 a gallon in NJ, but they pumped the gas for me

Thanks President Obama!
I checked the averages on gas, and as of today in New Jersey the average price is $3.57.8. Thanks Obama! Lol

Actually it's $3.10 so --- not even close.

It ranges (at that site) from as low as $2.77 to as high as $3.98 --- which is why I wrote post 29. That's the kind of thing it refers to.
I know what your saying, but rightwinger paying less than $3.00 a gallon in New Jersey close to what we are paying in south Carolina is bullshit, and I called him out on it.
Gas is actually pretty cheap in NJ.
Two reasons. Because NJ has many oil refineries transport and delivery costs are much lower than in states where gasoline must be shipped in trans continental piping systems to large terminals where product is stored.
Second. NJ's gasoline tax is 10 cents per gallon. There are rumblings in Trenton regarding increasing the tax, but there has been severe political pushback.

Forum List

Back