One more reason why the Tax Proposal is a GOP scam.....

If you’re one of those white working-class voters who propelled Donald Trump into the presidency and gave Republicans total control of Washington, the GOP has a message for you: Sucker!

The GOP tax plan is moving forward. It's a big scam on Trump's base

As many experts are saying - it's the biggest tax scam in U.S. history. Trump supporters seem oblivious to just how harmful this would be to the poor and middle class.

I was told that the deficit proposed under the tax proposal by right wingers in congress is actually DOUBLE of the $1.5 trillion they're spewing.

They are basing their "smoke and mirrors" bullshit on the size of the deficit growth on the fact that middle class taxes WILL GO UP, while the corporate tax cuts will remain fixed.

In short, Rep.s in congress are total whores to the corporations.

“Let freedom ring with all the crazies on parade, let them eat poison and it tastes like lemonade.”

Green Day Exposes 'Zombie' Donald Trump In Scathing New Music Video

You'll note I'm not defending the republicans. I just get tired of the democrats lumping small and mid sized companies in with the GEs of the world. Face it, if you own a business, as I do, the democrats hate you. I know this from personal experience, I am lumped in with the "evil rich man'. The dems pass laws to get at the 'evil rich man', the "evil rich man" moves to another city or country and I am held holding the bag.

You'll note I'm not defending the republicans. I just get tired of the democrats lumping small and mid sized companies in with the GEs of the world. Face it, if you own a business, as I do, the democrats hate you. I know this from personal experience, I am lumped in with the "evil rich man'. The dems pass laws to get at the 'evil rich man', the "evil rich man" moves to another city or country and I am held holding the bag.

I don't know if you're smart enough (or not) to realize it.......but democrats have been BETTER for small businesses than republicans...This is NOT the forum to educate you on that, so do your own "educating."

Here, I'll give you a hint........WHO proposed and pushed for Citizen United.....???

I don't know if you're smart enough (or not) to realize it.......but democrats have been BETTER for small businesses than republicans...This is NOT the forum to educate you on that, so do your own "educating."

Here, I'll give you a hint........WHO proposed and pushed for Citizen United.....???
You can tell me that all you want. I AM small business. And if you think the democrats have been beneficial to me, you're living in a dream world. Keep in mind, you are strictly thinking at the national level, I am not. Particularly at the local level, the dems are a nightmare. they concentrate on keeping as many govt employees on the books and nothing else. I've lived it for 29 years, my father for 35 yrs before me. At the local level the dems consider me the enemy. I am lumped in with GE as far as far as they are concerned. The results to my employees mean nothing to them.

...WHO proposed and pushed for Citizen United.....???

Criticizing Hillary makes you sad?
Too much freedom of speech for you?

Do you know what happens when you lower the corporate tax? Corporations have more money. They can hire more people, they can innovate, they can do things that are impossible when they are shackled by regulations and government.

Apparently you don't do your own taxes, or you would know this.. When taxes are high, corporations reinvest money into expansion, hiring, production, and R&D, because all those things are deductible. When taxes are low, they pay taxes on the profit, and do not invest in those things.
/----/ Why do Libtards love to use ONE SIZE FITS ALL analogies? You can't lump all corporations into one group. Some will do what you said and others will not. Each case is different.

Do you know what happens when you lower the corporate tax? Corporations have more money. They can hire more people, they can innovate, they can do things that are impossible when they are shackled by regulations and government.

Apparently you don't do your own taxes, or you would know this.. When taxes are high, corporations reinvest money into expansion, hiring, production, and R&D, because all those things are deductible. When taxes are low, they pay taxes on the profit, and do not invest in those things.

When taxes are high, corporations reinvest money into expansion, hiring, production, and R&D, because all those things are deductible. When taxes are low, they pay taxes on the profit, and do not invest in those things.

When taxes are high, people prefer not to start new businesses, because they won't have as much profit to take out of their business.

Because that's the reason businesses are started, to make money you can take out.
If all the money you make has to be reinvested, you'd be stupid to even bother.

When taxes are high, corporations reinvest money into expansion, hiring, production, and R&D, because all those things are deductible. When taxes are low, they pay taxes on the profit, and do not invest in those things.

When taxes are high, people prefer not to start new businesses, because they won't have as much profit to take out of their business.

Because that's the reason businesses are started, to make money you can take out.
/----/ Todd, you're debating a Lib who couldn't run a Kool-Aid stand without adult supervision.
1234.jpg

Great News. My company paid for my relocation. Happy now?

But will your "company" continue paying for your stay at the mental institution? LOL

If lowering taxes makes it cheaper for the corporation to stay where they are, as opposed to going to another State or nation that would be more expensive, what reason would that company have to leave? Do you have a clear answer for that Nat?

Come on, tell us what job is created by raising Federal taxes?

Employee salaries are a business expense. Say the corporation has a dollar in profit. If they want, they can spend that dollar on creating a new job. If not, well they can pay the tax on that dollar and keep the rest. The tax rate is thirty five percent. That means they can spend a dollar on a new job or keep sixty five cents. Now the tax rate is lowered. They can spend the dollar on a new job or they can keep eighty cents. The "opportunity cost" of creating a job instead of booking a profit INCREASES as the tax rate declines. Now, you want to tell me why corporations will create more jobs when the cost of doing so increases as the tax rate declines.

I mean this is some simple ass shit. Like the decline of our manufacturing base. Everyone wants to blame outsourcing, shifting jobs overseas. But it is not the "cause", it is just a symptom. The declining tax rate is the cause. In the early1950's the "effective corporate tax rate" was north of fifty percent. That means if a company saved a dollar by shifting production abroad they could only keep a little less than fifty cents. Now the EFFECTIVE corporate tax rate is closer to twenty percent. They save that dollar now they get to keep damn near eighty cents. Hell some companies, like say, GE, with an effective tax rate of less than three percent over the last decade, get to keep damn near the WHOLE DOLLAR. Now, it's one thing to close down a factory, layoff workers, implement a transpacific shipping arrangement, lose community and employee allegiance, and adopt a far flung supply chain to manage, if you only get to keep fifty cents on the dollar. It is quite another if you get to keep it all.

I mean I don't know where you people live, and I don't know where you work, but if you are looking it is damn easy to see the ramifications of this declining effective corporate tax rate. No companies invest in their people anymore, they attempt to steal them from somewhere else or they bitch and moan and look to the GOVERNMENT to fund their employees training, at say a community college. Sneak in to the backroom of your local Walmart. Check out the mops. Yeah, the damn mops. They are filled with grease, nasty as hell, because they can't even invest in a new mop-head. It's freakin comical. Companies look to cut corners at every turn, packaging sucks ass. The trucking fleets are comprised of dinosaurs that spew out toxic gases, break down constantly, and require an entire staff of mechanics to keep them going. Farmers don't own combines anymore, they RENT THEM.

In a nutshell, when corporate taxes are high companies are forced to look and plan for the long term. When they are low, they are encouraged to "cash out", to seek short term gains at the expense of long term growth. They are discouraged from investing in everything from people to mop-heads, and instead encouraged to take the money and run. Look the fawk around. It is precisely what is happening, precisely what has been happening, and cutting corporate tax rates further will only add gasoline to the fire that is already burning down this nation. Only a sheer fool would believe otherwise.
Pure unmitigated nonsense completely devoid of reality and business acumen.

Amazing.

But will your "company" continue paying for your stay at the mental institution? LOL

If lowering taxes makes it cheaper for the corporation to stay where they are, as opposed to going to another State or nation that would be more expensive, what reason would that company have to leave? Do you have a clear answer for that Nat?

Employee salaries are a business expense. Say the corporation has a dollar in profit. If they want, they can spend that dollar on creating a new job. If not, well they can pay the tax on that dollar and keep the rest. The tax rate is thirty five percent. That means they can spend a dollar on a new job or keep sixty five cents. Now the tax rate is lowered. They can spend the dollar on a new job or they can keep eighty cents. The "opportunity cost" of creating a job instead of booking a profit INCREASES as the tax rate declines. Now, you want to tell me why corporations will create more jobs when the cost of doing so increases as the tax rate declines.

I mean this is some simple ass shit. Like the decline of our manufacturing base. Everyone wants to blame outsourcing, shifting jobs overseas. But it is not the "cause", it is just a symptom. The declining tax rate is the cause. In the early1950's the "effective corporate tax rate" was north of fifty percent. That means if a company saved a dollar by shifting production abroad they could only keep a little less than fifty cents. Now the EFFECTIVE corporate tax rate is closer to twenty percent. They save that dollar now they get to keep damn near eighty cents. Hell some companies, like say, GE, with an effective tax rate of less than three percent over the last decade, get to keep damn near the WHOLE DOLLAR. Now, it's one thing to close down a factory, layoff workers, implement a transpacific shipping arrangement, lose community and employee allegiance, and adopt a far flung supply chain to manage, if you only get to keep fifty cents on the dollar. It is quite another if you get to keep it all.

I mean I don't know where you people live, and I don't know where you work, but if you are looking it is damn easy to see the ramifications of this declining effective corporate tax rate. No companies invest in their people anymore, they attempt to steal them from somewhere else or they bitch and moan and look to the GOVERNMENT to fund their employees training, at say a community college. Sneak in to the backroom of your local Walmart. Check out the mops. Yeah, the damn mops. They are filled with grease, nasty as hell, because they can't even invest in a new mop-head. It's freakin comical. Companies look to cut corners at every turn, packaging sucks ass. The trucking fleets are comprised of dinosaurs that spew out toxic gases, break down constantly, and require an entire staff of mechanics to keep them going. Farmers don't own combines anymore, they RENT THEM.

In a nutshell, when corporate taxes are high companies are forced to look and plan for the long term. When they are low, they are encouraged to "cash out", to seek short term gains at the expense of long term growth. They are discouraged from investing in everything from people to mop-heads, and instead encouraged to take the money and run. Look the fawk around. It is precisely what is happening, precisely what has been happening, and cutting corporate tax rates further will only add gasoline to the fire that is already burning down this nation. Only a sheer fool would believe otherwise.

Except, when a company pays a lower tax rate, that also means that leaves more of their own money to invest in themselves. Not every company simply walks in one day at the start with billions of dollars that they can simply afford to risk and spend on themselves. Risk means finding investors that will share in the idea of your product, but not every small company starting out is able to find that. You have to remember that the main driving force of a vibrant economy is in the creation and risk that begins with small business, with the ability of that business to be able to compete. That means as that business grows and takes on more “risk”, with more of their own money at their disposal, they can be able to afford to turn around and invest in themselves.

1) expansion to build another facility. Maybe now they can OWN another distribution center by having one built off that extra money they have at their disposal. Perhaps instead of paying a rental fee to store their product, they are now able to have one built that they now own.

2) As a company retains more of their own revenue, they can now afford to look into ways they can be more competitive. Now we are talking about advancements in technology, like robotics, that can help grow and increase their business’s efficiency in ways they could not previously afford to meet up with that higher demand while producing at a level that helps them to become more competitive. Robotics and higher technology means restructuring that shell of a facility to accommodate with the changes. Plans and newer construction, comes with the ability to afford the cost associated with attaining these higher more advanced pieces of equipment. Now obviously higher technology means you need to pay a higher wage, because your basic electrician is not going to have the necessary skill level in robotics that’s associated with troubleshooting and maintaining that particular piece of equipment, should the system go down. Higher skill levels and higher wages can also mean higher incentives, in drawing those kinds of employees to work in your plant as opposed to working at another facility.

3) Education. Maybe with more of your own money to spend you can invest in internships and reinbursement programs on help retain that higher skill level. Aircraft engineers is just one example comes to mind here, the testing of newer technology that comes out of the “research and development”.

4) That brings “research and development”, which is another cost that can benefit a business into becoming more competitive and efficient as it grows. This can be applied in several different ways depending on the scale and the kind of market you happen to be competing in.

This is just a very brief overview of how a smaller company can grow and build with more of their own money to be able to invest in themselves. You see there are several factors that come with allowing a small business to first be able to initially establish themselves in a market, then take on greater risk to invest in themselves to meet up with the demand as their business grows, while lower federal taxes will afford them the added ability to keep more of their own money to be able to expand and afford ways to be more cost efficient.

All that effort and yet a total waste of time. Every single "investment" you mentioned is done with BEFORE TAX DOLLARS. The key phrase, "as a company retains more of their revenue". You are speaking of retained earnings.

Pure unmitigated nonsense completely devoid of reality and business acumen.

Amazing.

wacc.png

Seriously? You actually believe this?

If tax structure is a determining factor in expansion, R&D, etc., you got an idiot for a CEO. Fire him tomorrow morning !!!

So, corporations don't use tax avoidance planning in their business plans? I think, Spare, that you are not really up to speed on business planning. In fact, i use the same strategy. If I am going to invest in a $5,000 hearing aid, I am going to do it in a year in which I need more deductions, and certainly in a year before the GOP takes medical deductions away from me, which they are threatening to do next year.
Mmmmm .... not up to speed on business planning. Yep, that's me ... founder of three companies, a retired engineering manager, a former CEO, and a business consultant ... and I'm not up to speed on business planning.

Your example (hearing aid) ... you would go without being able to hear so that you could take advantage of taxes? Seriously? That kind of small scale thought process ensures that you miss opportunities, waiting for the stars to align. While you're waiting for a favorable tax environment, I'm building new factories and offices. While you don't have your hearing aid, I'm listening to Mozart in all his glory.

Taxes are nothing more than the cost of doing business ... figure them in, see if it's profitable, and move on.

Not buying any of your story, Spare. My degree is in management, and tax planning was a major part of my education. I'm also a ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant). I have a hearing aid, but it is becoming insufficient for my needs, so I will buy new ones, and you can bet your ass that I will do it while I still have a deduction for medical expenses.

Anyone who does not understand that you invest in deductible expenses in periods of high taxes, and pay taxes on profit realized in periods of low taxes, should not even be in the world of business....unless, of course, your name is Trump, and you have experts that handle this sort of thing for him so that he does not have to think about it.
As you wish .... the spoils go to the quick of daring, not to the slow of heart

I'll be sure to mention that at the next GE stockholders meeting....

/----/ Why do Libtards love to use ONE SIZE FITS ALL analogies? You can't lump all corporations into one group. Some will do what you said and others will not. Each case is different.

Maybe for the same reason that conservatives lump all liberals into one group...

Wrong again, patriotbreath. A person who starts a business who expects to take a profit in the first 2 to 3 years, instead of investing in growth, advertisement, R&D, expansion, marketing, etc. is a person who will be back to looking for a job within 3 years.

Wrong again, patriotbreath. A person who starts a business who expects to take a profit in the first 2 to 3 years, instead of investing in growth, advertisement, R&D, expansion, marketing, etc. is a person who will be back to looking for a job within 3 years.
/——/ True. A neighbor opened a pizzeria and decided to pay himself whatever was in the till at closing. He was bragging about his new lifestyle until the next delivery of flour, sugar, pasta and cheese arrived and the driver informed him exactly what COD meant. He scrambled using his credit card to by supplies at the supermarket and found he couldn’t make a profit. By the end of the month he was back working at his old job 9-5 because he couldn’t pay the stores rent.

If you’re one of those white working-class voters who propelled Donald Trump into the presidency and gave
Republicans total control of Washington, the GOP has a message for you: Sucker!

The GOP tax plan is moving forward. It's a big scam on Trump's base

As many experts are saying - it's the biggest tax scam in U.S. history. Trump supporters seem oblivious to just how harmful this would be to the poor and middle class.

I was told that the deficit proposed under the tax proposal by right wingers in congress is actually DOUBLE of the $1.5 trillion they're spewing.

They are basing their "smoke and mirrors" bullshit on the size of the deficit growth on the fact that middle class taxes WILL GO UP, while the corporate tax cuts will remain fixed.

In short, Rep.s in congress are total whores to the corporations.
/—-/ Not right wingers as in conservative but as in RINOs who give lip service to fiscal responsibility. We’re as pissed as you are. Drain the swamp

A person who starts a business who expects to take a profit in the first 2 to 3 years,

What about in 5 years? 10 years?

A person who thinks a higher corporate tax rate encourages business formation, or growth, is a moron.

It is flood up to the very riches of our society. It is a scam and it is bad for this country in every way imaginable.
Trump proved that he was the snake that he was talking about.

A person who starts a business who expects to take a profit in the first 2 to 3 years,

What about in 5 years? 10 years?

A person who thinks a higher corporate tax rate encourages business formation, or growth, is a moron.

...and yet, you can not explain why a corporation should not reinvest in itself, taking advantage of deductible investment expenses, in times of higher taxes, unless they are just too damn stupid, and would rather pay taxes, than to spend on expansionary planning, instead.

Forum List

Back