One More Way To Hide The Truth

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Ed Koch was a lifelong Democrat who described himself as a "liberal with sanity".

In a discussion of 'hate crimes,' Koch showed the kind of sanity that separated him from the masses of Liberals, explaining that we shouldn't pretend that we can read the mind of another, but simply define 'hate crime' as any crime committed by a member of one race against a member of a different race.

Found this in my local paper this morn:

1. "The ultra-liberal, mamby-pamby editors of the Gray Lady didn’t have the guts to point out that Sheepshead Bay Resident Jeffrey Babbitt was the victim of a hate crime when he was punched and killed by a black man in Manhattan last week.

a. ...times headline...“Fatally assaulted in possible random hate crime.”

2. Are you kidding? Babbitt, the 62 year-old, retired MTA train operator, was the wrong white man in the wrong place at the wrong time, and now he is dead, and the editors of the Paper of Record need to take their heads out of their posterior and call a hate crime a hate crime. No “ands,” “ifs,” or “possibles” about it.

3. The alleged thug, Lashawn Marten, reportedly assaulted Mr. Babbitt after he shouted, “I’m going to punch the first white man I see,” right before Mr. Babbitt unfortunately walked by.

4. .... “Hey Mr. Sharpton, Mr. Obama, where are you now?” I’d like to know why you haven’t grabbed the mic and declared your wrath over this most definite hate-bias crime.

5. ....Obama, is too busy making disappearing red lines in the sand with Syria to be worried about Mr. Babbitt. It’s funny how both Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Obama seem to suffer from a terrible case of selective righteousness.

6. ...the president to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Trayvon’s parents, but not Jeffrey Babbitt, whose 94-year-old mother is now left bereft and alone. Who will pat Mrs. Babbitt on the shoulder and commiserate with her loss? Will Mr. Sharpton run to be by her side? Will the president make a special visit to Brooklyn to hold her hand and shed a tear at her son’s loss?

["According to The New York Times, the retired subway train conductor was the sole caretaker for his 94-year-old mother, who has Alzheimer's disease. (Babbitt's lone sister died of cancer years ago.) It's not clear who will be responsible for his mother's care." http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch...an-killed-by-attacker-in-possible-hate-crime]

7. And the media needs to get on board too. I don’t read a paper or listen to the nightly news to hear an opinion, I’m looking to hear the facts, just the facts. The media’s responsibility is to report the news, not their opinions and slanted views.

8. Not for Nuthin,™ but Jeffrey Babbitt deserves the same indignation as Trayvon Martin. And their ain’t no “possibles” about it."
A hate crime is a hate crime no matter what race you are ? Brooklyn Daily

Ann Coulter famously discussed "hate crimes," saying 'or, as conservatives refer to them, crimes.'

Her pithy comment would certainly avoid the two-faced behavior of folks like Sharpton and Obama.

Forum List

Back