One thing about the Trump election

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
It has apparently invigorated America. There are those who never voted before who voted for Trump. My wife who seldom even pays attention supported Trump the whole cycle even when I said "boy that Trump can be an ass."

Even the left wing which rails against the system since their candidate didn't win are excited.

This election will be written into history books like no other. It will even exceed that of the first black president. It shows what a person can do against all odds. And you can't say it was done because he is rich, Hillary far out spent him. You can't say he was the establishment's darling, we all know that was Hillary. All that can be said is that America rose and and said, "can you hear me now?" Even if Hillary wins the popular vote that is not how the system works. It would be like saying she won in Bingo with the better poker hand.

Can anyone, anyone believe that if Hillary were to have been elected that anyone would have really, REALLY been excited either way?

Now is the time to come together, I just hope Trump doesn't blow it.

As for the violence, where is Obama and Hillary?

We are fortunate to be alive on this one. It's something your grandchildren will learn about in history books and you can tell them you were there and participated.

Obama could have been historic, but he let his politics get in the way of doing what was best for the country. Like you said, let's hope Trump doesn't follow that same path.

Enjoy your excitement while it lasts. A man who blows off the president's daily intelligence briefing is going to fuck up badly, you can bet on it.

It has apparently invigorated America. There are those who never voted before who voted for Trump. My wife who seldom even pays attention supported Trump the whole cycle even when I said "boy that Trump can be an ass."

Even the left wing which rails against the system since their candidate didn't win are excited.

This election will be written into history books like no other. It will even exceed that of the first black president. It shows what a person can do against all odds. And you can't say it was done because he is rich, Hillary far out spent him. You can't say he was the establishment's darling, we all know that was Hillary. All that can be said is that America rose and and said, "can you hear me now?" Even if Hillary wins the popular vote that is not how the system works. It would be like saying she won in Bingo with the better poker hand.

Can anyone, anyone believe that if Hillary were to have been elected that anyone would have really, REALLY been excited either way?

I agree this election will be written into the history books like no other, but exactly HOW it will be written is TBA. It is looking a lot like Trump is shedding his campaign skin and is morphing into the opposite of his campaign image. His most heated promises, the ones that got the loudest responses, are now in the trash bin.

We are fortunate to be alive on this one. It's something your grandchildren will learn about in history books and you can tell them you were there and participated.

Obama could have been historic, but he let his politics get in the way of doing what was best for the country. Like you said, let's hope Trump doesn't follow that same path.

What will be interesting is to read how the liberals rewrite history. Having lived through and voted for Reagan it is interesting how they spin that bit of history. This will be little different.

Enjoy your excitement while it lasts. A man who blows off the president's daily intelligence briefing is going to fuck up badly, you can bet on it.

Obama has 'blown off' daily briefings a number of times. Trump does not need daily briefings until he takes office in January. He has ZERO power to do anything about a terrorists threat as President-elect.

I agree this election will be written into the history books like no other, but exactly HOW it will be written is TBA. It is looking a lot like Trump is shedding his campaign skin and is morphing into the opposite of his campaign image. His most heated promises, the ones that got the loudest responses, are now in the trash bin.

The liberal msm who told you Hillary won tell you that?

I would say I am more worried then excited. Especially when I see some of his cabinet choices.

Obama has 'blown off' daily briefings a number of times. Trump does not need daily briefings until he takes office in January. He has ZERO power to do anything about a terrorists threat as President-elect.
Guy needs to get up to speed as he has shown a shocking lack of geo-political knowledge. It also speaks to his rather dangerous opinion that he knows better than anyone what's going on and how to deal with it. Trump is now in an environment that he is unfamiliar with, it would be nice if he would take it seriously.

Guy needs to get up to speed as he has shown a shocking lack of geo-political knowledge. It also speaks to his rather dangerous opinion that he knows better than anyone what's going on and how to deal with it. Trump is now in an environment that he is unfamiliar with, it would be nice if he would take it seriously.
Obama can offer no help.....

I would say I am more worried then excited. Especially when I see some of his cabinet choices.
Amen to that. Seems every one of them is poised to launch an attack on the working people who supposedly elected him.

Amen to that. Seems every one of them is poised to launch an attack on the working people who supposedly elected him.
I simply can't wait until we attack them with lower taxes and jobs....it will be a bloodbath.....for you liberal fascists.....:lol:

who blew off the daily intelligence briefing? and more important, should the words intelligence and president have been used in the same sentence for the last 8 years?

It's ok, because our current president has very little intelligence. Trump will be fine, even though he's not perfect. No one is. So, give us all a break and stop crying and stop lying.

Last edited:

That is why all presidents have advisers. I would think that since all the predictions about Trump were found to be wrong people would get out of the business of making predictions, especially predictions about the future.

That is why all presidents have advisers. I would think that since all the predictions about Trump were found to be wrong people would get out of the business of making predictions, especially predictions about the future.
now work with me on this one, "especially predictions about the future"
is there a market for predictions about the past?

The election is either a hiccup or a belch, yes, in the system.

However, it is no transition like the FDR years.

Really, and how so?

Let me tell you, I've worked my entire life, and nobody, I mean nobody has launched an attack on working people worse than DumBama. I had health insurance coverage my entire life until he launched Commie Care. My employer used that as a way to get out of providing us that benefit. So me and millions of my fellow blue collar workers either have no insurance or insurance that sucks every last dime out of your pocket at the end of the month. More than that is it's crap insurance that covers very little.

Forum List

Back