Open carry firearms.. Our 2nd amendment right!!

The NRA was correct, Obama is taking all of your guns. Stock up on ammo people. Wake up!

Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:

a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Forgive the NRA for taking President Obama at his word.

Obama's a smart enough politician to know he doesn't have the backing AND it would be political suicide if he tried. The fear mongers did however manage to drive up prices and create a temporary shortage of some calibers of ammo. Thanks for nothing guys and gals!

The NRA was correct, Obama is taking all of your guns. Stock up on ammo people. Wake up!

Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

Obama's a smart enough politician to know he doesn't have the backing AND it would be political suicide if he tried. The fear mongers did however manage to drive up prices and create a temporary shortage of some calibers of ammo. Thanks for nothing guys and gals!

Ain't that the truth, I've been only recently able to buy .223 ammunition in bulk packs.

I started a thread on that topic awhile ago.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-o...-obama-gun-and-ammo-salesman-of-the-year.html

Although I was pleased that the looming threat of the return of the AWB did apply that last bit of pressure necessary to convince me to purchase my DPMS AR15 and Ruger 10/22.

I had more experience with the AR15's selective fire brother, the M16, than with any other weapon, and it is a marvel of modular design and ease of serviceability.

The Ruger 10/22 is a joy to shoot, and the .22LR rounds are inexpensive. I replaced nearly every part to make it as light as possible. This is the weapon I take into the woods, for hunting small game and protection while hiking and camping.

My AR15 has become the favorite of my weapons and I enjoy taking it to the range every opportunity I get.

Ironic that my one happy thought concerning the President would likely piss him off to no end. :lol:

Picture004.jpg

SharpShooter.gif
My Favorites
snipersmilie.gif

Last edited:

1996?. Ok..wow. I can see why you would think he would take your guns now as president. Nothing has changed since then. NOTHING.

You got me there sir. lol

And the sheeple flocked. Hell, I am having a hard time getting ammo just to target shoot now.

Thanks mr. Obama for taking away my guns.

Sheeple. The NRA are cracking up. Dumb asses.

Last edited:

Ain't that the truth, I've been only recently able to buy .223 ammunition in bulk packs.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-o...-obama-gun-and-ammo-salesman-of-the-year.html

Although I was pleased that the looming threat of the return of the AWB did apply that last bit of pressure necessary to convince me to purchase my DPMS AR15 and Ruger 10/22.

I had more experience with the AR15's selective fire brother, the M16, than with any other weapon, and it is a marvel of modular design and ease of serviceability.

The Ruger 10/22 is a joy to shoot, and the .22LR rounds are inexpensive. I replaced nearly every part to make it as light as possible. This is the weapon I take into the woods, for hunting small game and protection while hiking and camping.

My AR15 has become the favorite of my weapons and I enjoy taking it to the range every opportunity I get.

Ironic that my one happy thought concerning the President would likely piss him off to no end. :lol:

Picture004.jpg

SharpShooter.gif
My Favorites
snipersmilie.gif

Luckly I like older weapons and there is still lots of ammo, relatively inexpensive to purchase. Besides I have a fair stock of 7.62x25, 7.62x39, 303, Mak 9, 9, 32 and 22LR. I have yet to purchase any of the modern long arms because I am putting $$ aside to get a fully transferable, class 3 M4 and M16.

Thought it looked big. And that pistol looks like a BAP 9MM copy.
Good little pistol. It's tough to get a license for that here. .357 no problem, or 5.7 no problems either. But the cops get nervous about 9MM or .45

Last edited:

1996?. Ok..wow. I can see why you would think he would take your guns now as president. Nothing has changed since then. NOTHING.

You got me there sir. lol

Would you like something a little more recent?
The news of a pending push by Obama to ban many semi-automatic rifles was sparked by comments from newly-minted Attorney General Eric Holder, who told reporters that “As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons.” He went on to indicate that the administration had decided on a new angle of attack to push for the ban: the war on drugs.
Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

“I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum.” Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

Despite claims of a gun trafficking highway running from the U.S. the Mexico having been immediately and thoroughly debunked (see here and here and here) the president said at a press conference in Mexico City in April that he has “not backed off at all from my belief that the assault weapons ban makes sense.”

Last edited:
FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17

FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

<more>

Last edited:
1. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 219, July 29, 2005. (U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote)
2. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in “Obama had greater role on liberal survey,” Politico, March 31, 2008. (Obama had greater role on liberal survey - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com)
3. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 217, Kennedy amendment July 29, 2005. (U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote)
4. David Wright, Ursula Fahy and Sunlen Miller, "Obama: 'Common Sense Regulation' On Gun Owners' Rights," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, Political Punch, 2/15/08. (Obama: 'Common Sense Regulation' on Gun Owners' Rights - Political Radar)
5. Illinois Senate, SB 2165, March 25, 2004, vote 20 and May 25, 2004, vote 3.
6. “Fact Check: No News In Obama's Consistent Record.” Obama ’08, December 11, 2007. (Organizing for America | BarackObama.com)
7. “Candidates' gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Wednesday, April 2, 2008, and "Keyes, Obama Are Far Apart On Guns," Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04. (Candidates' gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
8. 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7.
9. “Obama and Gun Control,” The Volokh Conspiracy, taken from the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999. (The Volokh Conspiracy - Obama and Gun Control:)
10. Illinois Senate, May 5, 2002, SB 1936 Con., vote 26.
11. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2003, SB 2163, vote 18.
12. “Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control,” Radio Iowa, Sunday, April 22, 2007. (Radio Iowa: Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control)
13. Chicago Tribune blogs, “Barack Obama: NIU Shootings call for action,” February 15, 2008, (The Swamp: Barack Obama: NIU shootings call for action)
14. Barack Obama campaign website: “As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment . . .” (Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Policy Issues.)
15. Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes (Barack Obama on Gun Control and Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes) Oct 21, 2004.
16. Illinois Senate, May 16, 2003, HB 2579, vote 34.
17. United States Senate vote 245, September 29, 2005 and vote 2, January 31, 2006 and Saddleback Forum, August 16, 2008.
18. Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee, March 13, 2003. To see the vote tally go to: http://www.nrapvf.org/Media/pdf/sb1195_obama.pdf.

This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.

Gun BaN Obama

And the sheeple flocked. Hell, I am having a hard time getting ammo just to target shoot now.

Thanks mr. Obama for taking away my guns.

Sheeple. The NRA are cracking up. Dumb asses.

Auto-Zona, you know just as well as I that if the political climate was even slightly favorable towards his anti-gun platform Obama would institute any restriction/anti-gun law he could in a heart beat and not think twice about it.

Picture004.jpg

SharpShooter.gif
My Favorites
snipersmilie.gif

Luckly I like older weapons and there is still lots of ammo, relatively inexpensive to purchase. Besides I have a fair stock of 7.62x25, 7.62x39, 303, Mak 9, 9, 32 and 22LR. I have yet to purchase any of the modern long arms because I am putting $$ aside to get a fully transferable, class 3 M4 and M16.

Very nice, I wouldn't mind having an AR15 myself.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17

FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

<more>

FACT: He can be against it all he wants, unless there's a Constitutional amendment, it makes no difference.

FACT: He can be against it all he wants, unless there's a Constitutional amendment, it makes no difference.

I agree with ya Emma, but that doesn't take into account the creativity shown by the gun grabbers.

There are ways, and then there are ways.

None of these violates the second amendment.

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

Last edited:
Wow Ringel 05, that´s quite an arsenal.

Still strange to me. :confused:

Anyway...

What I see so far is, that the people who do ban or limit the access to weapons have to make laws and regulations about every detail (size of magazines, location of gun stores etc). And the ones who insist on their right fight these.
So both side dance around the fundamental question.

Reminds me about our non-existing speed-limit on motorways ("Free speed for free citizens" was the slogan of the ADAC, the german car club).

So, as there is no majority for a general speed-limit on our motorways, every city or county (thats in german Kreis or Landkreis) imposes a local speed-limit on supposed dangerous spots on the motorways. By this there actually are only a few kilometers left in Germany, where there are no speed limits. So practically the fact that there is no speed limit is counter.

As it is a huge difference (at least in regard of the kinetics) to have an accident with 120 km/h or 220 km/h, a speed limit actually makes sense. But in Germany still people think of this as an unbearable limitation of their liberty.
On the other hand, the idea that owning a gun makes a free citizen does not cross the mind of a lot of people.

In the US you have rather very strict speed limits on your motorways and I have not heard anybody being very angry about it. But if someone would think about taking away firearms from the citizens, well, I have read how people would think about it.

So, we Germans have no problem with letting 18 year old kids speeding at 230 km/h at night on a packed motorway. But they should never think about buying a firearm.

You Americans limit the speed of a 18 year old kid to 55 m/ph (which are lousy 88 km/h), but have no problem with let them buy a firearm.

Hm...

regards
ze germanguy

Forum List

Back