Open carry is legal on 26 states....

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Open carry is legal in 26 states.
Is here any sound reason for these states to require a permit to carry concealed?
(Note: several of the 26 states do NOT require permit for legal concealed carry)

Is here any sound reason for these states to require a permit to carry concealed?
(Note: several of the 26 states do NOT require permit for legal concealed carry)

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/nor...nd-kills-toddler-sons-after-domestic-dispute/

"Fuller was a gun enthusiast who liked to fire weapons at bottles, cans and other targets in the back yard, often while consuming alcohol. He had been shooting all day Saturday, Patterson said, before getting into an argument with his wife, who fled the home fearing for her safety. Shortly after that, Fuller pulled the trigger and ended his sons’ lives.

His now-private Facebook profile featured Tea Party slogans and flyers. A woman who remembers running into Fuller earlier in the day of the shootings said that he made it a point to say that he didn’t shop anywhere that he couldn’t take his gun.

The Statesville Record and Landmark spoke with Kelli Simko, who encountered Fuller and the boys at a local store Saturday and she noted that something seemed off.

“He had a gun on his belt,” Simko said. “He told (the clerk) he wouldn’t shop anywhere he couldn’t bring his gun.”"

I support permits for buying, possessing, carrying open or concealed any firearm.

I support permits for buying, possessing, carrying open or concealed any firearm.
That's nice, but it doesn't address the question presented in the OP.
Then you're even dumber than I thought including it at the end of an incident involving your OP.
The fact that you believe states should issue licenses for both open and concealed carry does not in any way address the question as to why states with no permit for open carry should then require a permit for concealed carry.

That's nice, but it doesn't address the question presented in the OP.

Then you're even dumber than I thought including it at the end of an incident involving your OP.
You do know its ILLEGAL in most states to have a gun on your person while drinking right D4dumbass?
What part of the OP did he state/refer or give a link to YOUR claim?
I myself don't see it. Point it out would you?

A RIGHT is not something "permitted" a RIGHT is something that is YOURS no matter the government OR ruling party. In fact a right IS something that is YOURS IN SPITE of a ruling government OR party.

North Carolina open carry advocate shoots and kills toddler sons after domestic dispute

"Fuller was a gun enthusiast who liked to fire weapons at bottles, cans and other targets in the back yard, often while consuming alcohol. He had been shooting all day Saturday, Patterson said, before getting into an argument with his wife, who fled the home fearing for her safety. Shortly after that, Fuller pulled the trigger and ended his sons’ lives.

His now-private Facebook profile featured Tea Party slogans and flyers. A woman who remembers running into Fuller earlier in the day of the shootings said that he made it a point to say that he didn’t shop anywhere that he couldn’t take his gun.

The Statesville Record and Landmark spoke with Kelli Simko, who encountered Fuller and the boys at a local store Saturday and she noted that something seemed off.

“He had a gun on his belt,” Simko said. “He told (the clerk) he wouldn’t shop anywhere he couldn’t bring his gun.”"

Why? The nuts and the criminals don't get them….the criminals will be arrested when they commit a crime, and the felons can be arrested for merely having a gun….
There is no need for law abiding people to get permits…it is simply a way to add to the cost and possibly turn a normal person into a felon if they make a mistake of not getting the permit.

North Carolina open carry advocate shoots and kills toddler sons after domestic dispute

Why? The nuts and the criminals don't get them….the criminals will be arrested when they commit a crime, and the felons can be arrested for merely having a gun….
There is no need for law abiding people to get permits…it is simply a way to add to the cost and possibly turn a normal person into a felon if they make a mistake of not getting the permit.
A number of years ago a small Florida town made carry MANDATORY. As I recall their crime rate crashed almost overnight.

There should be no permit required for either form of carry. If you use a gun to commit a crime you should be arrested. If you are a felon with a gun, you should be arrested.

Forum List

Back