"Open Letter to Feminist Trolls"

I have not called for her to shut up! I've just been commenting about what she has said.

Then what does "she protests too much" mean?

It means that I beleive that being called a slut, bitch or **** does get under her skin even though she said that it does not. If being called those things truely did not bother her then she would not have gone on such a rant about those words. I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.

I don't think that's what she's saying; looks like she's saying it doesn't mean what the ad hominer thinks it means.

Even if your hypothesis were true, how would that boil down to "protests too much"?

And how much is 'too much'? Why is it too much?

I have not called for her to shut up! I've just been commenting about what she has said.

It means that I beleive that being called a slut, bitch or **** does get under her skin even though she said that it does not. If being called those things truely did not bother her then she would not have gone on such a rant about those words. I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.

You're absolutely correct. It's a big pseudo-intellectual "neener neener". She's trying to shame people who use those words. More words that we have to fear using. Bah :eusa_hand:

You're absolutely correct. It's a big pseudo-intellectual "neener neener". She's trying to shame people who use those words. More words that we have to fear using. Bah :eusa_hand:

Uh -- you just demonstrated your own ignorance of the word ironical... I don't think you're in a position to call "pseudo-intellectual".

:dig:

mock-----she is mocking. Sure there are some people who cuss here. Men and Women. This is another silly language control attempt

Ironical post from the same language control freak who tried to morph my post into "women aren't responsible" not five days ago.

Damned hypocrite.

Ironical ? Is that going to be one of the new words too ? :lol:

World English Dictionary

ironic or ironical (aɪˈrɒnɪk)

— adj
of, characterized by, or using irony

i·ron·i·cal [ahy-ron-i-kuhl] Show IPA

adjective

1. pertaining to, of the nature of, exhibiting, or characterized by irony or mockery: an ironical compliment; an ironical smile.

2. using or prone to irony: an ironical speaker.

ironical or ironical

— adj

i'ronicalness or ironical

— n

iron·ic adjective \ˌī-ˈrä-nik also i-ˈrä-\

: using words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny

: strange or funny because something (such as a situation) is different from what you expected

Full Definition of IRONIC

1: relating to, containing, or constituting irony <an ironic remark> <an ironic coincidence>

2: given to irony <an ironic sense of humor>

&#8212; iron·i·cal·ness noun

Webster's online dictionary:

Variants of IRONIC

iron·ic also iron·i·cal

News flash: Pogo knows more about the English language than anyone else on this board. I have a master's degree in English, and this is obvious to me. Anytime you question his use of language, before you make a fool of yourself, look it up.

Last edited:

I don't think that's what she's saying; looks like she's saying it doesn't mean what the ad hominer thinks it means.

Even if your hypothesis were true, how would that boil down to "protests too much"?

Try this link about what the phrase "protest to much" means...

The lady doth protest too much, methinks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10-1 she has no problem calling a guy a dick.

She might. If he is acting like a dick and calling her a **** or a bitch because she wants to be treated as an equal.

I'd like to see these board misogynists call their wife's these words.

LOL ty for proving my point Howey. Here we do with the misogynist bullshit again.

calling anyone a name that is directed at a person DOES NOT MEAN that the person using that word hates all women. Nice try tho. Women use "bitch" probably more than men do.

No no, Wiki didn't post here; I asked what you mean by it. Not Wiki.

She might. If he is acting like a dick and calling her a **** or a bitch because she wants to be treated as an equal.

I'd like to see these board misogynists call their wife's these words.

LOL ty for proving my point Howey. Here we do with the misogynist bullshit again.

calling anyone a name that is directed at a person DOES NOT MEAN that the person using that word hates all women. Nice try tho.

That isn't what his post says, is it?

Projecting again?

Women use "bitch" probably more than men do.

:link:

If don't understand the figure of speech that I used, I'm sorry! I can't help you.

LOL as if it has several meanings :lol:

Oh gawd please noooooooooooooooooo grammar Nazi's !! There's nothing more repulsive than posters on message boards that correct other poster's grammar.

Oh gawd please noooooooooooooooooo grammar Nazi's !! There's nothing more repulsive than posters on message boards that correct other poster's grammar.

Just give em one of these next time:

grammar-nazi-meta.png

Where did anyone do that?

By the way, we never ever use an apostrophe to form a plural in English, so the only thing [Nazi's] can mean is "Nazi is". But that's not grammar, that's spelling.

Last edited:

Where did anyone do that?

By the way, we never ever use an apostrophe to form a plural in English, so the only thing [Nazi's] can mean is "Nazi is". But that's not grammar, that's spelling.

Blow me.

I like "Ironical".

Ironical is older than ironic. (1570s) :eusa_angel:

and you call yourself a progressive. :lol:

Is everything you post a fucking strawman then? I've never labeled myself a 'progressive', ever. Not once. On the contrary I've demanded somebody explain what the fuck they mean when they use that term, and no one ever does.

Take your strawman home before I set him on fire.

Nothing more repulsive? lol How about people claiming to know the answers and they haven't even worked out how to use their own language?

LOL as if it has several meanings :lol:

Actually, often times people think they know the connotation of an aphorism, but they are mistaken and using it incorrectly. Do you know where the quotation comes from and the context in which it is set?

Forum List

Back