Opening day for the "national pass time" anybody care?

Baseball lost me years ago. I don’t think it was the sport so much, as me looking for more constructive things to do with my time. And let’s face it the game is not as fun as it was during the steroid era.

A lot of people look forward to the baseball season, but in the northern climates, "opening day" can be a sad affair. The Yankees' home opener was snowed out today, and many teams started games with temperatures in the 30's. And it's bad enough PLAYING in those temperatures; what about sitting in a metal seat for three (or more) hours, watching it?

MLB has to do something about competitiveness. The fans of many franchises feel like their team has no chance to win, and it is just a training ground for the richer teams to plunder, once the younger players show some promise.

But it's a great game to watch, if you know what you are looking at.

A lot of people look forward to the baseball season, but in the northern climates, "opening day" can be a sad affair. The Yankees' home opener was snowed out today, and many teams started games with temperatures in the 30's. And it's bad enough PLAYING in those temperatures; what about sitting in a metal seat for three (or more) hours, watching it?

MLB has to do something about competitiveness. The fans of many franchises feel like their team has no chance to win, and it is just a training ground for the richer teams to plunder, once the younger players show some promise.

But it's a great game to watch, if you know what you are looking at.

Metal set in the hot sun ain’t no fun either

That's what I put. PAST TIME. Not pass time.

It is pastime, not past time!

pas·time
ˈpasˌtīm/
noun
  1. an activity that someone does regularly for enjoyment rather than work; a hobby.

I used his format, moron.

So you admittedly used something you knew was wrong?

Right!
That's what I put. PAST TIME. Not pass time.

It is pastime, not past time!

pas·time
ˈpasˌtīm/
noun
  1. an activity that someone does regularly for enjoyment rather than work; a hobby.

I used his format, moron.

So you admittedly used something you knew was wrong?

Right!

It's not wrong. I spelled it exactly right. The OP didn't.

Forum List

Back