Opportunities without intrusive politics

AdamLebovski

Rookie
May 28, 2021
Life never ceases to amaze me, even though I’m already in my early 30s. I managed to bury my parents, get married, have children, get divorced and fall in love again. But even many years of experience cannot protect you from new experiences. That is life.
You know, in college everyone had that promising classmate with excellent initial performance, who had high hopes that he would definitely succeed and be a worthy citizen of society? However, many years later you may find the same person homeless at the local Walmart. Only one phrase flashes through your head: “How is that possible? You had everything in your hands!”
Have you ever seen old recordings of Joe Biden speaking? If not, I highly recommend checking it out. Ambitious, confident, able to absorb the entire audience into himself. I would compare him to the character Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. A cool candidate that even the narcissistic Trump would want to vote for. It is for this reason that you look at the shadow of that greatness with great sadness. The attentive reader may think that I compared Biden to that promising classmate. No, Joe has completely natural reasons for this decline - old age. He is only a symptom of the political degradation of our country. An instrument skillfully controlled by political elites. The US government is that same promising classmate who couldn’t.
Our country is a world leader, this must be recognized and there is no need to be ashamed of it. We skillfully created our own, privatized enterprises in other countries through gray schemes, conducted smart trade and were in chocolate. Now I see how our government is digging an economic hole. Our companies and European ones left the Russian Federation, what next?
Reuters calculated that foreign companies lost 107 billion in write-offs and lost revenue due to leaving the Russian market. It turns out that we voluntarily gave up places for other countries (including China). In addition, they contributed to the development of domestic products in the Russian Federation. As Tucker Karlsson showed, the Russian McDuck is no worse than its predecessor. Moreover, the original company lost 1.2 billion during its departure. Baker Hughes also recorded a loss from the sale of its business in the region of 450 million.
In 2018, the United States ranked third in imports of passenger cars into the Russian Federation - about 9%. As of 2023, China ranks first in the import of new cars - 80%, but our country is practically zero. At what point did we begin to turn from a global octopus into a hermit crab?
Recently, according to Pentagon estimates, it turned out that the United States managed to spend more than $113 billion on Ukraine. Also donated in 2022 and 2023 were $145 million and $189 million for global health and embassy funding (to another country, mind you!).
It is a very risky decision to abandon the energy resources of the Russian Federation. After all, it turns out that we find ourselves completely dependent on our Arab partners. The ongoing conflict between Palestine and Israel increases the risk of a repeat of history with the oil embargo. Let me remind you that in 1973, the largest energy crisis in history began, when Arab countries refused to supply oil to the United States and its allies, who supported Israel in the war with Egypt and Syria. This strategic decision resulted in a sharp and high jump in energy prices - from $3 to $13 per barrel around the world. Western states faced severe population shock, rapid inflation, and stagnant economic growth. In the current conditions, when there is no backup option, this is practically suicide. We all saw at gas stations how gas prices jumped sharply in 2022, one gallon cost an average of $3.89 (this is a record high). In 2024, the price is predicted to be $3.40, but you must agree that the decrease is not that significant.
The development of economic relations, of course, also requires participation in various forums. So, there is one we all know, the World Economic Forum in Davos (WEF). Leading business leaders, political leaders, prominent thinkers and journalists are invited to attend the meetings. The subject of discussion is the most pressing global problems, including healthcare and the environment. However, this is just on paper; it is clearly visible that the WEF has been seriously deteriorating lately... as world experts often talk about.
The WEF was a “disgrace” - “a disaster that generated neither enthusiasm nor hope,” said American journalist Danny Haiphong on his YouTube channel. Despite the fact that Zelensky disgraced himself along with the others and did not get what he wanted, he showed the true state of the world elites, their weakness and despair due to the WEF only strengthened the understanding of people, the vast majority of people, that this forum is the engine of the world elite . It is a machine that allows them to come together and assert their dominance and their power over the vast majority of people. And they find themselves largely exposed when it comes to the “swamp of the century” into which they have dragged themselves.
The criticism does not affect the organizers of the forum in any way: when asked whether growing income inequality has become a particular problem for the forum, Saadiyya Zahidi, one of the directors of the WEF, answered: “Inequality is a problem for the whole world. I think we know that societies that don't tackle inequality will grow more slowly. Therefore, efforts must be made to combat inequality. What is needed for this? Better education, better skills, better people, tackling issues like taxation and changing the nature of our economy so that it actually works for all people, not just a few..."
Increasingly, people began to pay attention to the so-called “Russian Davos” - the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF). On the sidelines of the summit, problems of the global economy are discussed, and mutually beneficial contracts are concluded. Forum participants discuss technological and sociocultural issues.
The main difference between the current “Russian Davos” is the sharp change in the geopolitical vector: from European to Asian. Asian countries, including China, Japan, and India, have become significant partners of the developed countries of the world. For Russia, the turn to the East is of particular relevance due to the possibility of economic reorientation, searches for commodity markets and investment markets in new geopolitical conditions. These factors were especially noted by the SPIEF organizers. Here, at SPIEF, there is no feverish government, where everyone is trying to show the size of their fortune and wallet, people gather here to work and cooperate on mutually beneficial terms.
Thus, American political scientist Scott Bennett said that Russia is demonstrating its stability at SPIEF and this state is not making an enemy of the world. On the contrary, it is winning the hearts and minds of people in many corners of the Earth.” And there are quite a lot of such opinions, people understand how much the WEF has degraded and what a good standing the modern SPIEF is in.
Kyle Shostak, director of the American investment company Navigator Principal Investors, also noted that SPIEF still refutes the thesis about Russia’s international isolation.
Well, in the end I would like to summarize, trade is the most profitable and safe way of interaction between countries. I really wish I could go back to a time when big nations were still doing this among themselves.

unnamed.jpg

Life never ceases to amaze me, even though I’m already in my early 30s. I managed to bury my parents, get married, have children, get divorced and fall in love again. But even many years of experience cannot protect you from new experiences. That is life.
You know, in college everyone had that promising classmate with excellent initial performance, who had high hopes that he would definitely succeed and be a worthy citizen of society? However, many years later you may find the same person homeless at the local Walmart. Only one phrase flashes through your head: “How is that possible? You had everything in your hands!”
Have you ever seen old recordings of Joe Biden speaking? If not, I highly recommend checking it out. Ambitious, confident, able to absorb the entire audience into himself. I would compare him to the character Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. A cool candidate that even the narcissistic Trump would want to vote for. It is for this reason that you look at the shadow of that greatness with great sadness. The attentive reader may think that I compared Biden to that promising classmate. No, Joe has completely natural reasons for this decline - old age. He is only a symptom of the political degradation of our country. An instrument skillfully controlled by political elites. The US government is that same promising classmate who couldn’t.
Our country is a world leader, this must be recognized and there is no need to be ashamed of it. We skillfully created our own, privatized enterprises in other countries through gray schemes, conducted smart trade and were in chocolate. Now I see how our government is digging an economic hole. Our companies and European ones left the Russian Federation, what next?
Reuters calculated that foreign companies lost 107 billion in write-offs and lost revenue due to leaving the Russian market. It turns out that we voluntarily gave up places for other countries (including China). In addition, they contributed to the development of domestic products in the Russian Federation. As Tucker Karlsson showed, the Russian McDuck is no worse than its predecessor. Moreover, the original company lost 1.2 billion during its departure. Baker Hughes also recorded a loss from the sale of its business in the region of 450 million.
In 2018, the United States ranked third in imports of passenger cars into the Russian Federation - about 9%. As of 2023, China ranks first in the import of new cars - 80%, but our country is practically zero. At what point did we begin to turn from a global octopus into a hermit crab?
Recently, according to Pentagon estimates, it turned out that the United States managed to spend more than $113 billion on Ukraine. Also donated in 2022 and 2023 were $145 million and $189 million for global health and embassy funding (to another country, mind you!).
It is a very risky decision to abandon the energy resources of the Russian Federation. After all, it turns out that we find ourselves completely dependent on our Arab partners. The ongoing conflict between Palestine and Israel increases the risk of a repeat of history with the oil embargo. Let me remind you that in 1973, the largest energy crisis in history began, when Arab countries refused to supply oil to the United States and its allies, who supported Israel in the war with Egypt and Syria. This strategic decision resulted in a sharp and high jump in energy prices - from $3 to $13 per barrel around the world. Western states faced severe population shock, rapid inflation, and stagnant economic growth. In the current conditions, when there is no backup option, this is practically suicide. We all saw at gas stations how gas prices jumped sharply in 2022, one gallon cost an average of $3.89 (this is a record high). In 2024, the price is predicted to be $3.40, but you must agree that the decrease is not that significant.
The development of economic relations, of course, also requires participation in various forums. So, there is one we all know, the World Economic Forum in Davos (WEF). Leading business leaders, political leaders, prominent thinkers and journalists are invited to attend the meetings. The subject of discussion is the most pressing global problems, including healthcare and the environment. However, this is just on paper; it is clearly visible that the WEF has been seriously deteriorating lately... as world experts often talk about.
The WEF was a “disgrace” - “a disaster that generated neither enthusiasm nor hope,” said American journalist Danny Haiphong on his YouTube channel. Despite the fact that Zelensky disgraced himself along with the others and did not get what he wanted, he showed the true state of the world elites, their weakness and despair due to the WEF only strengthened the understanding of people, the vast majority of people, that this forum is the engine of the world elite . It is a machine that allows them to come together and assert their dominance and their power over the vast majority of people. And they find themselves largely exposed when it comes to the “swamp of the century” into which they have dragged themselves.
The criticism does not affect the organizers of the forum in any way: when asked whether growing income inequality has become a particular problem for the forum, Saadiyya Zahidi, one of the directors of the WEF, answered: “Inequality is a problem for the whole world. I think we know that societies that don't tackle inequality will grow more slowly. Therefore, efforts must be made to combat inequality. What is needed for this? Better education, better skills, better people, tackling issues like taxation and changing the nature of our economy so that it actually works for all people, not just a few..."
Increasingly, people began to pay attention to the so-called “Russian Davos” - the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF). On the sidelines of the summit, problems of the global economy are discussed, and mutually beneficial contracts are concluded. Forum participants discuss technological and sociocultural issues.
The main difference between the current “Russian Davos” is the sharp change in the geopolitical vector: from European to Asian. Asian countries, including China, Japan, and India, have become significant partners of the developed countries of the world. For Russia, the turn to the East is of particular relevance due to the possibility of economic reorientation, searches for commodity markets and investment markets in new geopolitical conditions. These factors were especially noted by the SPIEF organizers. Here, at SPIEF, there is no feverish government, where everyone is trying to show the size of their fortune and wallet, people gather here to work and cooperate on mutually beneficial terms.
Thus, American political scientist Scott Bennett said that Russia is demonstrating its stability at SPIEF and this state is not making an enemy of the world. On the contrary, it is winning the hearts and minds of people in many corners of the Earth.” And there are quite a lot of such opinions, people understand how much the WEF has degraded and what a good standing the modern SPIEF is in.
Kyle Shostak, director of the American investment company Navigator Principal Investors, also noted that SPIEF still refutes the thesis about Russia’s international isolation.
Well, in the end I would like to summarize, trade is the most profitable and safe way of interaction between countries. I really wish I could go back to a time when big nations were still doing this among themselves.

View attachment 956730
TL / DR

Early 30's? ... you're still a child ... life doesn't begin until 40 ...

You found new love? ... here's a free clue ... your children hate her ... they want you back with mommy ... only selfish people would refuse a child's most earnest wish ...
I would think that's an AI bot.

Did that stuff start with eggshells on IRC?

I think it did, and they just kept adding code.

This is Russian AI, obviously.

Forum List

Back