oprah is sorry she lied.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
EDIT

Oprah Winfrey says she is 'sorry' a media frenzy emerged after saying she experienced racism during a trip to Switzerland.

'I think that incident in Switzerland was just an incident in Switzerland. I'm really sorry that it got blown up.

'I purposefully did not mention the name of the store. I'm sorry that I said it was Switzerland,' Winfrey said

'I'm in a store and the person doesn't obviously know that I carry the black card and so they make an assessment based upon the way I look and who I am,' said Winfrey, who earned $77 million in the year ending in June, according to Forbes magazine.

'I didn't have anything that said "I have money": I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything,' said Winfrey on the red carpet.

This was AFTER the store out and out called her a liar.

Oprah racism claims 'absolutely untrue' and a 'horror,' says Swiss shop clerk - TODAY.com

Oprah Winfrey's disturbing story from last Friday about being told by a Swiss store's shop assistant that a handbag she wanted to look at was something she could not afford, is being called "untrue" by the sales clerk in question.

The sales clerk, whose name was only given as "Adriana N." told the Swiss newspaper SonntagsBlick that Winfrey's story "absolutely untrue."

"I even asked her if she wanted to take a closer look at the bag. Mrs. (sic) Winfrey looked around in the store again, but did not say anything further," Adriana told the paper. "Then she went downstairs with her companion. My colleague held the door open for them. They were not even five minutes in our store."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. This has been nothing but publicity for the shop. The saleswoman should get a bonus though.

I suspect it was an innocent misunderstanding, but who knows?

I do wonder how good Oprah's German is...probably not good enough to avoid misunderstandings.

To be fair to Oprah - she never named the shop.

I do wonder how good Oprah's German is...probably not good enough to avoid misunderstandings.

why not keep her big mouth shut to begin with?

racism? really?

ever hear that outworn accusation before?

why not keep her big mouth shut to begin with?

racism? really?

ever hear that outworn accusation before?

oprah used it in Italy when she wanted to crash a private party at a restaurant and she used it in Beverly Hills after a store had already closed.

It works.

Oprah is a racist bitch who made a fortune off PC, gullible women. She had mediocre talent, but was smart enough to market herself as something she wasn't, kinda like Obama and Clinton.

The woman at the store had said she didn't recognize Oprah....THAT was probably her biggest mistake! Oprah was just pissed and couldn't believe that the whole world wouldn't know who she is.....Lol! What a witch...

oh, please---let us put on our thinking caps--anyone who still has one.

I happened to have heard/seen that interview.

Racial profiling---many aspects to it. I just cannot 'condemn' Oprah for considering the possibility.

It's that 1% entitlement mentality of Oprah's, trying to destroy the livelihood of the store clerk and ruin the reputation of the store

It's that 1% entitlement mentality of Oprah's, trying to destroy the livelihood of the store clerk and ruin the reputation of the store

that is something that I can never believe.

I am going with what the store owner said--the employee was Italian--knew the handbag was very expensive--her personal opinion was that it was too expensive--in general. She thought she was being helpful.

There are still people in the world like that.

A misunderstanding--call it cultural differences or whatever.

Forum List

Back