🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.
I am admitedly infamiliar with this new intrusion.

Is there any due process involved, or is this an automatic intrusion?

It's not an "intrusion". New mothers welcome these visits. I did.

You get that you are not representative of "new mothers", or "women", or anyone other than yourself, right?

New mothers welcome visits from people they've invited and agreed to have in their homes. Only helpless dumbasses like you are foolish enough to "welcome" people showing up because THEY decide you need them to.

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?

The assumpion that the state needs to barge into her home and force her to have it whether she needs/wants it or not.

I get that you assume everyone is a helpless, moronic child who can't possibly manage to wipe his/her own ass without government guidelines for it, but it's actually not the case. Adults should be, and usually are, fully capable of getting all those things for themselves, without some bureaucrat turning up on their doorstep, demanding entry to their private homes, and telling them what to do.
I guess all those incidences of child abuse and neglect are your idea of good parenting.

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.

You get that you are not representative of "new mothers", or "women", or anyone other than yourself, right?

New mothers welcome visits from people they've invited and agreed to have in their homes. Only helpless dumbasses like you are foolish enough to "welcome" people showing up because THEY decide you need them to.
Where in the proposal does it say they would turn up uninvited?

It's a study the bill expires one year after passing..Get a grip freaks..

Yeah, because government is so good about letting "temporary" things be temporary. Certainly NEVER been a history of a "temporary" gov't program hanging around forever. Why on earth wouldn't we trust the left on this?

The USA has the highest rate in the world of infant deaths, and maternal deaths. The highest. Anything that might help reduce these numbers can't hurt.

You mean like reducing the amount of dangerous narcotics coming from our southern border that women use while being pregnant and even giving birth?

The "narcotics" are coming from prescription opioids. That's your drug problem. Merck needs to be shut down.

Naught but the "brilliant" solution I would expect from you. Wild-assed, scattershot blame aimed at the wrong target, with no concern for collateral damage.

Tell me, oh most ignorant one, how is Merck directly responsible for prescription opioid abuse? Are they the only drug manufacturer producing prescription opioids? And do you think it might be a problem for a few people if all the other medications manufactured by Merck were suddenly no longer available?

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?
can't they just ask for help then? what laws need to be enacted in order to get them help "if needed"?

Coyote is convinced that normal adults are too stupid and helpless to actually use the Internet to find out where to get this stuff (always assuming they didn't just read the reams of papers containing this info that the hospital gives you).

I guess she assumes no one ever gets this sort of help now.

It went on to address homeschooling.. I believe that all home schooled children should be monitored by some kind of overseer. Too many times these kids are woefully under prepared to deal with the real world and many can barely read or write. The only kind of reading material they get is of a religious nature and they never get any math or science. And to hear some of them speak, it's doubtful they get any English grammar either.
I know of a couple who home schooled their children because even the church schools here weren't good enough for them. They lived a sheltered life. Well not exactly because the oldest daughter got pregnant at 16. I have since lost touch with them, but am now curious as to what happened to the other ones.

Couple of questions.

1) Why is it any of your damned business how other people's children are raised, so long as they're not abused (and I mean REAL, legally-actionable abuse, not a stretched leftist definition of "Abuse is any kind of child-rearing I don't approve of")?

2) If you're so convinced that lack of education is prevalent among home-schoolers, how do you account for the studies and statistics that show the opposite?

3) Why should we believe that the government can do a better job of educating homeschooled children when studies consistently show that they're doing a craptastic job of educating public school students, and indeed, that's often the reason WHY those homeschoolers are being homeschooled?

4) Why do you think your personal anecdote means, or should mean, anything to us?

They want to make sure all boy babies are wearing pink dresses.

What is wrong with you? Why do conservatives think so badly of the rest of the world? Everyone is out to screw them over. It's a reflection of what you're trying to do to everyone else.

We think badly of government, and the leftist dimwits influencing it. And the reason why is because we read the news.

It went on to address homeschooling.. I believe that all home schooled children should be monitored by some kind of overseer. Too many times these kids are woefully under prepared to deal with the real world and many can barely read or write. The only kind of reading material they get is of a religious nature and they never get any math or science. And to hear some of them speak, it's doubtful they get any English grammar either.
I know of a couple who home schooled their children because even the church schools here weren't good enough for them. They lived a sheltered life. Well not exactly because the oldest daughter got pregnant at 16. I have since lost touch with them, but am now curious as to what happened to the other ones.

I can't speak for other states, but at least in mine, those kids are tested by the state. One of my tenants was home schooled by another one of my tenants who is her mother. She got into college without a sweat. Her mother is currently home schooling her two sisters and they seem pretty intelligent to me. The older one is alway outside in the summer reading books.

All states make that testing available for free; not all states make it mandatory.

My two oldest were homeschooled; my youngest is currently being homeschooled. Arizona doesn't require standardized testing, but I can make arrangements with the local school district to have him tested if I want.

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies
they can't help the homeless, how will they help babies? too fking funny, the useless left at it again. deal with it you stupid fks.

They can't properly monitor the children who are actually wards of the state already. Why are we supposed to expand their authority to all children?

THIS WILL BE IN CAPS BECAUSE WE HAVE SUCH STUPID ASS FKS WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING NOR FIND ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN AND WE HAVE THE DUMBEST OF THE DUMB WHO THINK ( WHEN THEY THINK) THAT EVERYTHING IS A GAWD DAM CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DON'T YOU MORONS LEARN REALITY! Since it's happening in Europe and there is a push to take down the US why in teh hell do you think we are taking on another nations laws and rules " UN " POLICY DUMBASSES!!!!!!!!!!!

The Role of Home-Visitation Programs in Improving Health Outcomes for Children and Families

Abstract
Traditional pediatric care is often based on the assumption that parents have the basic knowledge and resources to provide a nurturing, safe environment and to provide for the emotional, physical, developmental, and health care needs of their infants and young children. Unfortunately, many families have insufficient knowledge of parenting skills and an inadequate support system of friends, extended family, or professionals to help with these vital tasks. Home-visitation programs offer an effective mechanism to ensure ongoing parental education, social support, and linkage with public and private community services. This statement reviews the history and current research on home-visitation programs and provides recommendations about the pediatrician's role in supporting and using home visitation.

WHAT PART OF VISTING HOME IS A CONSPIRACY AGAIN DUMBASSES. .. They sugar coat it making it seem like they want to oh so help THEY ARE COMING TO TAKE THAT KID THE MINUTE YOU DO ONE THING WRONG DUMBASS!!
HISTORY OF HOME-VISITATION PROGRAMS
Home visitation for parents is a widespread early-intervention strategy in most industrialized nations other than the United States. In most countries, home health visiting is free, voluntary, not income-related, and embedded in comprehensive maternal and child health systems. Although a causative link has not been demonstrated conclusively, countries with extensive home visitor programs generally have lower infant mortality than does the United States. This is despite per capita health spending in the United States that far exceeds expenditures in other industrialized countries.1 Denmark established home visiting by law in 1937 after a pilot program was successful in lowering infant mortality. France provides free prenatal care and home visits by midwives or nurses to provide education about smoking, nutrition, alcohol and other drug use, housing, and other health-related issues. In England, every prospective mother is visited at home at least once before birth, with six more visits typically occurring before the child is 5 years of age.2 In the

The Role of Home-Visitation Programs in Improving Health Outcomes for Children and Families

It’s the info wars thing, but this was in the news long before infowars had it.

yeppers, but you know how others as soon as they think it's fake they blame it on infowars.

Hell, they likely feed shit like this THROUGH info wars just so no one will take it seriously.

LOL you might have a point.

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

they can't help the homeless, how will they help babies? too fking funny, the useless left at it again. deal with it you stupid fks.

They can't properly monitor the children who are actually wards of the state already. Why are we supposed to expand their authority to all children?
Right? They are lazy fat ass government people.

The assumpion that the state needs to barge into her home and force her to have it whether she needs/wants it or not.

I get that you assume everyone is a helpless, moronic child who can't possibly manage to wipe his/her own ass without government guidelines for it, but it's actually not the case. Adults should be, and usually are, fully capable of getting all those things for themselves, without some bureaucrat turning up on their doorstep, demanding entry to their private homes, and telling them what to do.
I guess all those incidences of child abuse and neglect are your idea of good parenting.

I guess all those incidences of child abuse and neglect in foster homes are YOUR idea of a good nanny state. Maybe before you start lecturing us on how the government needs to intrude into people's homes to protect children, you should explain to us why they can't protect the children they already have.

But thanks for revealing your REAL agenda so quickly: People can't be trusted to manage their own lives under any circumstances.

THIS WILL BE IN CAPS BECAUSE WE HAVE SUCH STUPID ASS FKS WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING NOR FIND ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN AND WE HAVE THE DUMBEST OF THE DUMB WHO THINK ( WHEN THEY THINK) THAT EVERYTHING IS A GAWD DAM CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DON'T YOU MORONS LEARN REALITY! Since it's happening in Europe and there is a push to take down the US why in teh hell do you think we are taking on another nations laws and rules " UN " POLICY DUMBASSES!!!!!!!!!!!

Abstract
Traditional pediatric care is often based on the assumption that parents have the basic knowledge and resources to provide a nurturing, safe environment and to provide for the emotional, physical, developmental, and health care needs of their infants and young children. Unfortunately, many families have insufficient knowledge of parenting skills and an inadequate support system of friends, extended family, or professionals to help with these vital tasks. Home-visitation programs offer an effective mechanism to ensure ongoing parental education, social support, and linkage with public and private community services. This statement reviews the history and current research on home-visitation programs and provides recommendations about the pediatrician's role in supporting and using home visitation.

WHAT PART OF VISTING HOME IS A CONSPIRACY AGAIN DUMBASSES. .. They sugar coat it making it seem like they want to oh so help THEY ARE COMING TO TAKE THAT KID THE MINUTE YOU DO ONE THING WRONG DUMBASS!!
HISTORY OF HOME-VISITATION PROGRAMS
Home visitation for parents is a widespread early-intervention strategy in most industrialized nations other than the United States. In most countries, home health visiting is free, voluntary, not income-related, and embedded in comprehensive maternal and child health systems. Although a causative link has not been demonstrated conclusively, countries with extensive home visitor programs generally have lower infant mortality than does the United States. This is despite per capita health spending in the United States that far exceeds expenditures in other industrialized countries.1 Denmark established home visiting by law in 1937 after a pilot program was successful in lowering infant mortality. France provides free prenatal care and home visits by midwives or nurses to provide education about smoking, nutrition, alcohol and other drug use, housing, and other health-related issues. In England, every prospective mother is visited at home at least once before birth, with six more visits typically occurring before the child is 5 years of age.2 In the

It’s the info wars thing, but this was in the news long before infowars had it.

yeppers, but you know how others as soon as they think it's fake they blame it on infowars.

Hell, they likely feed shit like this THROUGH info wars just so no one will take it seriously.

LOL you might have a point.

It’s what I would do if I couldn’t stop it. I would break it through a discredited news outlet, or what the public considers a discredited news outlet, and then I would count on the lazy MSM to decide it’s a non stormy because Alex Jones said. He is a weirdo, but I believe he fell due to a campaign to publicly shame him and separate him from his supporters. Can’t believe I’m sticking up for they guy.

Sure, they're drafting legislation to allow home visits to people who specifically request them . . . even though that already exists. Lots of legislators consider it "an emergency" to write laws providing things that are already there.

"One of the governor's priorities that he's most excited about is the beginning investment in a six-year program to create universal home visits for new parents. When the program is complete, every new parent — this includes adoptions — would receive a series of two or three visits by someone like a nurse or other health care practitioner. The visits could include basic health screenings for babies; hooking parents up with primary care physicians; linking them to other services; and coordinating the myriad childhood immunizations that babies need.

"This isn't something for people in trouble. This is stuff all kids need. Stuff my kids needed," Allen said."

But why listen to him? He's just the head of the Oregon Health Authority. What the fuck does HE know?

What I wanna know is, how did he POSSIBLY manage to get his kids basic health screenings, a pediatrician, and immunizations without someone showing up at his door?

Sure, they're drafting legislation to allow home visits to people who specifically request them . . . even though that already exists. Lots of legislators consider it "an emergency" to write laws providing things that are already there.

"One of the governor's priorities that he's most excited about is the beginning investment in a six-year program to create universal home visits for new parents. When the program is complete, every new parent — this includes adoptions — would receive a series of two or three visits by someone like a nurse or other health care practitioner. The visits could include basic health screenings for babies; hooking parents up with primary care physicians; linking them to other services; and coordinating the myriad childhood immunizations that babies need.

"This isn't something for people in trouble. This is stuff all kids need. Stuff my kids needed," Allen said."

But why listen to him? He's just the head of the Oregon Health Authority. What the fuck does HE know?

What I wanna know is, how did he POSSIBLY manage to get his kids basic health screenings, a pediatrician, and immunizations without someone showing up at his door?

And maybe if the child’s welfare is being looked after? That to?

Only criminal babies would object to such a safety measure....
Every baby is a criminal because all babies assault their mothers in utero

I kicked my mother countless times when I was in the womb so I guess it's a good thing I don't want to run for office

This thread is totally wrong.
This is not infant monitoring in any way that violates privacy.
This is just mandatory post birth examinations, which is essential to catch subtle health problems.
This is EXACTLY what was always required back it the 1950s.

This thread is totally wrong.
This is not infant monitoring in any way that violates privacy.
This is just mandatory post birth examinations, which is essential to catch subtle health problems.
This is EXACTLY what was always required back it the 1950s.

Yeah, that’s why we got a pediatrician. And no, it doesn’t matter if it’s a hoodrat, an Oragon peckerwood ho, or an illegal alien mom on Medicaid, a nurse who isn’t a doctor or some welfare worker who is not a doctor doesn’t need to go into peoples homes and make sure they are taking care of their children. Well, I take that back, the three classes of people I mentioned may need that. I mean, if they are on welfare they don’t really have any business making babies to begin with.

Forum List

Back