🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

Only criminal babies would object to such a safety measure....
Every baby is a criminal because all babies assault their mothers in utero

I kicked my mother countless times when I was in the womb so I guess it's a good thing I don't want to run for office

Were you in black face to ?
I don't know it was dark in there so maybe?

Mm. I recommend you read three books about slavery, make a pilgrimage to a MLK statue where you renounce ANY thaught thay could be considered racist, and then maybe we can go head and call you NOT racist. Just don’t ever run for any elected office.

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies
Cant wait to have momma out their breastfeeding the kid and ends up on YouTube....

What happens in Vegas....ends up on YouTube | Daily Mail Online
Of course you have to make a stupid comment without even clicking on the link in the o.p.

Has nothing to do with video monitoring. The thread is about health care professionals visiting the home of the infant.

This thread is totally wrong.
This is not infant monitoring in any way that violates privacy.
This is just mandatory post birth examinations, which is essential to catch subtle health problems.
This is EXACTLY what was always required back it the 1950s.

They love it when their sheep are stupid because they actually believe what their gov. parent feeds them.

They are paid snitches brown noser, they take your kid because they report and teach you leftist snitches to be just that a SNITCH......

That's why you can't figure out why the " NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH" program worked bahaha because it's hidden under the umbrella of " be a good neighbor and " help stop that crime" lmfao teaching you to spy and snitch on one another and dumb asses fell for it. Ohhhh keeps us soooo safe.....omfg.

Look at the year this was written......

Dennis Kucinich (D - Ohio) made a speech denouncing the USA Patriot Act, and it has not been reported anywhere on broadcast media. He asked, ?Why should America put aside guarantees of constitutional justice?? Why should we cancel the Bill of Rights, the First Amendment, the right of free speech, the Fourth Amendment, and our civil liberties? He also mentioned the fact that ?the Inspector General has notified Congress that the Pentagon cannot properly account for $1.2 trillion in transactions.? Since anyone who has criticized the Bush Regime in the past has gotten an ?anthrax letter,? it appears that Mr. Kucinich might be next on the list. . . ___ AL MARTIN is America?s foremost whistleblower on government fraud and corruption. A retired US Navy Lt. Commander and former officer in the Office of Naval Intelligence, he has testified before Congress (the Kerry Committee and the Alexander Committee) regarding Iran-Contra. Al Martin is the author of ?The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran Contra Insider? (2001, National Liberty Press, $19.95; Toll FREE order line: 1-866-317-1390) He lives at an undisclosed location, since the criminals named in his book have been returned to national power and prominence. His column ?Behind the Scenes in the Beltway? is published regularly on Al Martin Raw: Criminal Govt Conspiracy

neighborhood snitch

This is just mandatory post birth examinations, which is essential to catch subtle health problems.

"This is just examinations, how could you think it's an invasion of privacy just because we're showing up to your house without your invitation, instead of having you come to the doctor's office? It's just like the 1950s was, except for being very different."

"This is just examinations, how could you think it's an invasion of privacy just because we're showing up to your house without your invitation, instead of having you come to the doctor's office? It's just like the 1950s was, except for being very different."

Why can’t examinations be done in the free doctors office? Why the home? And what qualifies a social worker to make any assessment related to the physical health of a newborn child?

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

they can't help the homeless, how will they help babies? too fking funny, the useless left at it again. deal with it you stupid fks.

They can't properly monitor the children who are actually wards of the state already. Why are we supposed to expand their authority to all children?

Here’s the thing. These programs aren’t to “monitor” women and their newborns. These are visiting nurses. My daughter got a lot of helpful information from her local program.

I don’t live in her city and she was new there was well when her first was born. The visiting RNs got her help with breast feeding issues, as well as pointing her to local resources like the Early Years Centre which has play groups,story time, kinder gym and a p

Yeah, that’s why we got a pediatrician. And no, it doesn’t matter if it’s a hoodrat, an Oragon peckerwood ho, or an illegal alien mom on Medicaid, a nurse who isn’t a doctor or some welfare worker who is not a doctor doesn’t need to go into peoples homes and make sure they are taking care of their children. Well, I take that back, the three classes of people I mentioned may need that. I mean, if they are on welfare they don’t really have any business making babies to begin with.

These people are not going into homes to "make sure they are taking care of children". They are going into homes to answer new parents questions, provide resources or assistance where necessary, and generally make sure eveyone is doing OK.

When my older children were born, we were kept in hospital for a week during which time, the nurses monitored how the mothers were doing in caring for our children. Whether breastfeeding mothers were getting a good latch, whether the newborn showed signs of jaundice, or other health issues, and first time mothers were given child care classes during that week, including infant CPR.

Now, they send new mothers and their children home within 24 hours. My youngest daughter went to the hospital, had her son, and was home in time to tuck her one year old into bed that night. The hospital sent out the visiting nurse within 48 hours, to make sure they were both fine, and there were no complications. That follow up visit on her first delivery, had revealled a touch of jaundice, for her daughter, which was immediately dealth with, and which my daughter wasn't even aware of, at the time. New mother and all.

Like I said. Conservatives don't want to spend any money on poor kids, once they're born.

Why can’t examinations be done in the free doctors office? Why the home? And what qualifies a social worker to make any assessment related to the physical health of a newborn child?

Have you ever travelled with a newborn on public transit shortly after giving birth? And it's not social workers it's nurses.

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?
can't they just ask for help then? what laws need to be enacted in order to get them help "if needed"?

Coyote is convinced that normal adults are too stupid and helpless to actually use the Internet to find out where to get this stuff (always assuming they didn't just read the reams of papers containing this info that the hospital gives you).

I guess she assumes no one ever gets this sort of help now.
iis it needed? are they actually fixing a problem or just doing something to say hey, we're doing something?

that's what i don't get here.

they can't help the homeless, how will they help babies? too fking funny, the useless left at it again. deal with it you stupid fks.

They can't properly monitor the children who are actually wards of the state already. Why are we supposed to expand their authority to all children?

Here’s the thing. These programs aren’t to “monitor” women and their newborns. These are visiting nurses. My daughter got a lot of helpful information from her local program.

I don’t live in her city and she was new there was well when her first was born. The visiting RNs got her help with breast feeding issues, as well as pointing her to local resources like the Early Years Centre which has play groups,story time, kinder gym and a p

Yeah, that’s why we got a pediatrician. And no, it doesn’t matter if it’s a hoodrat, an Oragon peckerwood ho, or an illegal alien mom on Medicaid, a nurse who isn’t a doctor or some welfare worker who is not a doctor doesn’t need to go into peoples homes and make sure they are taking care of their children. Well, I take that back, the three classes of people I mentioned may need that. I mean, if they are on welfare they don’t really have any business making babies to begin with.

These people are not going into homes to "make sure they are taking care of children". They are going into homes to answer new parents questions, provide resources or assistance where necessary, and generally make sure eveyone is doing OK.

When my older children were born, we were kept in hospital for a week during which time, the nurses monitored how the mothers were doing in caring for our children. Whether breastfeeding mothers were getting a good latch, whether the newborn showed signs of jaundice, or other health issues, and first time mothers were given child care classes during that week, including infant CPR.

Now, they send new mothers and their children home within 24 hours. My youngest daughter went to the hospital, had her son, and was home in time to tuck her one year old into bed that night. The hospital sent out the visiting nurse within 48 hours, to make sure they were both fine, and there were no complications. That follow up visit on her first delivery, had revealled a touch of jaundice, for her daughter, which was immediately dealth with, and which my daughter wasn't even aware of, at the time. New mother and all.

Like I said. Conservatives don't want to spend any money on poor kids, once they're born.

Here's the thing: any time there's a law mandating that a government employee is going to come into your house whether you want them to or not, that would be monitoring, no matter how much the likes of you wants to put a positive spin on it. Furthermore, I don't give a rat's ass about what your daughter did or didn't do. I am going to be nice enough, just this once, not to comment despite the fact that you dragged her into it. Don't push it.

What I WILL say is that you can stop right now with your conflation of "You don't want mandatory home visits for everyone, so that means you don't want ANY home visits for ANYONE AT ALL." I realize that you're too pig-stupid to actually make any sort of distinctions without having a picture painted for you, so I will clarify right now that you are, once again, being a naive and borderline senile in your lack of information and linear thinking. Knock it off.

Unlike you and apparently every female in your family, many women actually know something about taking care of children prior to having one of their own. They are also perfectly capable of looking up the Department of Public Health in their area on the Internet and finding all the information and contact numbers they need should they have any questions. They are even, shockingly enough, capable of securing a pediatrician for their children in exactly the same manner they secured a primary-care physician for themselves. Under those circumstances, as much as it might surprise you given your embrace of all things "the government will wipe my ass for me", many women neither need nor require the government to decide for them that they MUST have people in their homes whether they want them or not.

"You don't want mandatory visits. You hate children and don't want to spend money. That's all it is!"

Once again, you rank in the top five of Biggest Embarassments to Women on This Board. Congratulations.

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?
can't they just ask for help then? what laws need to be enacted in order to get them help "if needed"?

Coyote is convinced that normal adults are too stupid and helpless to actually use the Internet to find out where to get this stuff (always assuming they didn't just read the reams of papers containing this info that the hospital gives you).

iis it needed? are they actually fixing a problem or just doing something to say hey, we're doing something?

Sometimes, new parents do need home visits. Perhaps neither of them has much experience with babies and/or they're just really nervous with their first. Perhaps the child has special health needs. I believe it's fairly common for women who have never breastfed before to have visits to help them learn to do so effectively. I don't know for sure, since I never breastfed.

However, those are voluntary and at the request of the parents themselves. Those parents who feel they can manage with just experienced relatives and the phone number for their pediatrician don't bother.

Sometimes, new parents do need home visits. Perhaps neither of them has much experience with babies and/or they're just really nervous with their first. Perhaps the child has special health needs. I believe it's fairly common for women who have never breastfed before to have visits to help them learn to do so effectively. I don't know for sure, since I never breastfed.

However, those are voluntary and at the request of the parents themselves. Those parents who feel they can manage with just experienced relatives and the phone number for their pediatrician don't bother.
and that's how it should be. this "mandatory check" to me simply opens the door to more gov, period.

not a fan of that at all.

and that's how it should be. this "mandatory check" to me simply opens the door to more gov, period.

not a fan of that at all.

I am always 100% opposed to anyone telling me they ARE coming into MY home and I have no say in the matter.

I don’t live in her city and she was new there was well when her first was born. The visiting RNs got her help with breast feeding issues, as well as pointing her to local resources like the Early Years Centre which has play groups,story time, kinder gym and an indoor pool and is mostly free to young families.

"According to the Beaver Valley Times, "When the program is complete, every new parent — this includes adoptions — would receive a series of two or three visits by someone like a nurse or other health care practitioner. The visits could include basic health screenings for babies; hooking parents up with primary care physicians; linking them to other services; and coordinating the myriad childhood immunizations that babies need."

If you asked a stadium full of new parents if they would appreciate that type of help-- the clapping would shatter your ear-drums.

I don’t live in her city and she was new there was well when her first was born. The visiting RNs got her help with breast feeding issues, as well as pointing her to local resources like the Early Years Centre which has play groups,story time, kinder gym and an indoor pool and is mostly free to young families.

Here's the thing: Your posts are ignorant BS the first time you post them. They don't improve with repetition.

Yes, they are addressing the HUGE problem of the high rates of infant mortality in the USA, which is the highest in the first world.

What we are seeing in this thread, is middle class people who have the money, the insurance, and the network to have a private practice pediatrician for their child, objecting to a program designed to assist poor families who have none of the above, and who would avoid going to the doctor until a problem was too serious.

If the programs are not mandatory, the very people who need it most, will bail first, on the grounds that "they don't need welfare", or out of the misguiding the fear that someone was trying to take their baby.

Here's the thing: Your posts are ignorant BS the first time you post them. They don't improve with repetition.

Your posts on this particular topic are elitist, and have no basis in fact or reality. You object to any program which helps poor women and their children, because you personally don't need this help, and neither should they. And babies will continue to die.

Your objection to this program reveal you to be a true blue right to lifer.

Yes, they are addressing the HUGE problem of the high rates of infant mortality in the USA, which is the highest in the first world.

What we are seeing in this thread, is middle class people who have the money, the insurance, and the network to have a private practice pediatrician for their child, objecting to a program designed to assist poor families who have none of the above, and who would avoid going to the doctor until a problem was too serious.

If the programs are not mandatory, the very people who need it most, will bail first, on the grounds that "they don't need welfare", or out of the misguiding the fear that someone was trying to take their baby.

Why do leftists always want to address "problems" that aren't really problems by violating the Constitution?

What we are seeing in this post is a gullible halfwit making assumptions based on what she's been told to believe without rubbing two brain cells together first. "You don't want mandatory visits. That means you don't want poor people to have any visits at all! Because EVERYTHING means you're cheap and hate poor people, because I was told to believe that, and NO I can't produce any actual relation between what you said and my talking point!"

So let me see if I have this last paragraph straight. You're saying that you HAVE to force your help on people who don't want it because those poor people are too fucking dumb and clueless and helpless to do what's best for their children without your benevolent ass stepping in and making them. Have I got that right? You're actually admitting that poor people have to be wards of the state because they can't be trusted with personal freedom like rich people can?

Forum List

Back