Our Government Has Forgotten Its Place

A kid arguing with his teachers.

Those are some piss poor examples. Really....shitty.

And what are you teaching me exactly? How do be a jackass? Quiet you.

Well, I wasn't referring to me in this case. You were not arguing with me. Now you are though.

Pick one of your 3 examples and I will teach you why it is piss poor. Choose the one that you think best exemplifies how our government has taken away our rights.

:laugh:

Oh? And you expect me to play by your game? You say they are all piss poor. Okay then, explain by addressing all three at once.

:eusa_whistle:

It has become clearly evident that our government has forgotten its place in America.

Disagree. It's the American people who have forgotten the government's place.

Touche, it is the government who has forgotten the people's place. It is the government's duty to protect the people (channeling my inner Reagan here) not run their lives.
;)

Last edited:
And what are you teaching me exactly? How do be a jackass? Quiet you.

Well, I wasn't referring to me in this case. You were not arguing with me. Now you are though.

Pick one of your 3 examples and I will teach you why it is piss poor. Choose the one that you think best exemplifies how our government has taken away our rights.

Oh? And you expect me to play by your game? You say they are all piss poor. Okay then, explain by addressing all three at once.

No. I will address one. You choose.

:lmao:

You think this is a fucking game, LL? You will address all three or admit defeat. If they are all piss poor examples, you should be able to demonstrate clearly why on each and every one. Come on now, don't be lazy. It's all or nothing. I don't have all morning to waste with you.

Last edited:

You think this is a fucking game, LL? You will address all three or admit defeat. If they are all piss poor examples, you should be able to demonstrate clearly why on each and every one. Come on now, don't be lazy. It's all or nothing. I don't have all morning to waste with you.

They are indeed all piss poor. And I have offered you a brief lesson regarding one of them. I have given you the option to choose. I will even allow you to restate one of them if you wish to strengthen your position. Keep it under 200 words, though.

And yes....this is most certainly a game. In the same sense that fetch is a game for my trusty Lab, Buddy.

Last edited:

They are indeed all piss poor. And I have offered you a brief lesson regarding one of them. I have given you the option to choose. I will even allow you to restate one of them if you wish to strengthen your position. Keep it under 200 words, though.

It has become quite clear you have nothing to demonstrate. If you could keep your bullshit to less than 0 words, that'd be great.

It has become quite clear you have nothing to demonstrate. If you could keep your bullshit to less than 0 words, that'd be great.

You should have more faith in yourself, TK.

You should have more faith in yourself, TK.

You should have an actual argument before dictating to me, you simpleton. :eusa_shhh:

Moving on.

It has become clearly evident that our government has forgotten its place in America. For reasons beyond my comprehension, our government now sees itself as the final authority on just about everything. If you want to get married, you have to ask the government first. You want a gun? You have to ask the government first. If you want to protest peacefully, you have to ask the government for a permit. If you are an 8 year old so much as wanting to sell lemonade on the street corner, you need to ask the government for permission.

Not only that, it wants to take over your personal choices as well. Why? Because it believes that it can do a better job than you at making your own choices in life. Even the very freedom to make a choice has been commandeered by our government. Look no further for an example this than the implementation of Obamacare. Government has become too large, too all encompassing for its own good. It has attempted to regulate the auto industry, and failed. It is trying to regulate our healthcare system, and once again failing. In fact, it is trying to regulate religion via the abortion mandate.

Nobody can be secure in their own privacy, no thanks to government. As evidenced by the NSA not even the contents of our phone conversations are secure. It has become more invasive, more imposing than ever before. Our politicians are unable and unwilling to cull its growth. Democrats will say "Oh, we need government, without government there is anarchy!" I would agree, if not only for the fact that we already have too much of it. Yes, we need government, but to what extent? With too much government there can only be tyranny, oppression, and undue advancement on our freedom.

Our rights as citizens are slowly diminishing in America, and Government is to blame. It has gone beyond its constitutional bounds. It doesn't matter who is president or what party is in power. The government has too much power. For those of you who believe our government cares about the people, nothing could be further from the truth. If they actually did, they would strive to protect the rights of its citizens, not usurp them on a constant basis. Government seeks to control you, from cradle to grave. Like a Leviathan in the waters, it lies in wait to consume the unsuspecting, and exact terrible vengeance on those who dare to stand against it. This, my friends, is how our government has forgotten it's place.

We The People built this government, and it's high time government understood its place once again.

I feel you frustration and sympathize,

My ONLY complaint is that you imagine that this is something new.

It isn't.

It’s not that this ‘isn’t new,’ it’s that this is a non-issue.

The OP, and those who agree with him, makes the mistake of perceiving 'the government' and 'the people' as two separate and distinct entities.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The people and the government are one in the same; the government acts at the behest of the people, where the people are solely responsible for the good - or bad - government they get.

This is true to some degree, however, We the People can only monitor our Government when we are told the truth and the facts are known....not hidden.

How can the people keep Government accountable when the Government lies to us (NSA, Obamacare, Benghazi, Iraq, etc). I would say the Government lies or keeps hidden far more than any of us are actually told.

The Government does many good things....the Government does many bad things. Many of the bad things we are not told about....or find out about years later. That is the problem.

Last edited:
I feel you frustration and sympathize,

My ONLY complaint is that you imagine that this is something new.

It isn't.

The OP, and those who agree with him, makes the mistake of perceiving 'the government' and 'the people' as two separate and distinct entities.

The people and the government are one in the same; the government acts at the behest of the people, where the people are solely responsible for the good - or bad - government they get.

This is true to some degree, however, We the People can only monitor our Government when we are told the truth and the facts are known....not hidden.

How can the people keep Government accountable when the Government lies to us (NSA, Obamacare, Benghazi, Iraq, etc). I would say the Government lies or keeps hidden far more than any of us are actually told.

The Government does many good things....the Government does many bad things. Many of the bad things we are not told about....or find out about years later. That is the problem.

We know way more now than we ever have about what is going on in Washington. The problem is not with the government keeping things from us. Instead, it is that so many get their info after it has been put through a bullshit enhancement process.

TK you have raised some valid points and generated some good discussion with your OP. Those people who are insecure or basically douchbags are obviously threatened by what you have expressed.

Instead of addressing it directly, they resort to childishly attempting to criticize the writing style (which is fine) or to defame the messenger in other ways.

All of this is an example of folks who are very insecure, angry, or mentally challenged. Don't let it bother you. Any fair person can point to areas where the Government has been helpful. But there is legitimate concern about Government overreach and intrusiveness. The majority of Americans agree per polling data that the Government is too powerful and needs to be reined in. Why this idea is threatening to some is frankly mystifying to me....but there you go. That is what is happening.

We know way more now than we ever have about what is going on in Washington. The problem is not with the government keeping things from us. Instead, it is that so many get their info after it has been put through a bullshit enhancement process.

I think very few people on this board would agree with your highlighted statement, regardless of their political affiliation. Do you think Americans were told the truth about Iraq? How about Obamacare?

Do you remember the Director of National Intelligence under Obama directly lying under oath to a Democrat Senator about NSA spying? Without Snowden's disclosures all we would have are lies from Obama and his minions.

And I am not making this partisan....we are all lied to by our Government far too much...by both parties. We the People cannot effectively monitor our Government when we are constantly being lied to.

Last edited:
I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only. Somehow, that would be government over-reach as well.

Some truth in what TK said but only in the broadest possible sense.

Can you REALLY not understand the danger of this???

:eek:

TK you have raised some valid points and generated some good discussion with your OP. Those people who are insecure or basically douchbags are obviously threatened by what you have expressed.

Instead of addressing it directly, they resort to childishly attempting to criticize the writing style (which is fine) or to defame the messenger in other ways.

All of this is an example of folks who are very insecure, angry, or mentally challenged. Don't let it bother you. Any fair person can point to areas where the Government has been helpful. But there is legitimate concern about Government overreach and intrusiveness. The majority of Americans agree per polling data that the Government is too powerful and needs to be reined in. Why this idea is threatening to some is frankly mystifying to me....but there you go. That is what is happening.

Bullshit.

If you find the OP to be well written and thought provoking, you might be needing some exposure to a higher level of discourse. The subject matter is of interest.....but the presentation falls short.

I think very few people on this board would agree with your highlighted statement, regardless of their political affiliation. Do you think Americans were told the truth about Iraq? How about Obamacare?

Do you remember the Director of National Intelligence under Obama directly lying under oath to a Democrat Senator about NSA spying? Without Snowden's disclosures all we would have are lies from Obama and his minions.

And I am not making this partisan....we are all lied to by our Government far too much...by both parties. We the People cannot effectively monitor our Government when we are constantly being lied to.

Hyperbole. Partisan hyperbole with a sprinkle of "they all do it" seasoning.

Given some of the reactions I've seen in this thread by liberals, it is safe to say that as far as they are concerned, they attack what they don't understand.

Hyperbole. Partisan hyperbole with a sprinkle of "they all do it" seasoning.

You give your opinion a lot with citing any facts or information to back it up. That is your perogative of course, but it doesn't bolster your case.

The Government willfully lies to the American People all the time. I gave a number of specific examples.

There are hundreds of examples of blatant Government lies and abuse both of us could cite. We both know this. My point is simply We the People cannot effectively monitor our Government and keep the Government in check, if we are not told the truth. In my opinion the lies are getting worse. You feel differently, which is fine. But I think both of us know it's a problem.

Forum List

Back