Our Government Has Forgotten Its Place

I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only. Somehow, that would be government over-reach as well.

Some truth in what TK said but only in the broadest possible sense.

Can you REALLY not understand the danger of this???

:eek:

The left NEVER understands the consequences of Leftism. If they did, we would not be in the terrible shape we are in.

Like a child, consequences mean NOTHING to them. They adhere to their emotions. Logic and reason be damned. As such, trying to debate them is like trying to debate at two year old. The Leftist leadership knows this and easily dupes them repeatedly.

Are you "well regulated"? No? Then you're unconstitutional. It states you shouldn't have be able to "keep and bear arms" otherwise.
You have no clue of what you just wrote. The Second means what it says. WHat part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Is it really above your comprehension?

Responsible gun owners get training especially with Conceal and Carry
, and the CITIZENS are the militia to not only protect their liberty, their friends and families, but their communities from invaders, lawless, AND from intrusive tyrannical government you so proudly defend.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it.

Sorry, it says much more than that. If we are "strictly" interpreting the constitution, if you're keeping and bearing arms and you're not part of a "well regulated militia", you're not protected by the Constitution.

Learn (to read) it.

I've just now arrived in this thread...

'n from what I've read, it appears that you don't know shit from Shinola, candycorn...

I look forward to taking up this issue with you in the near future... :)

I think very few people on this board would agree with your highlighted statement, regardless of their political affiliation. Do you think Americans were told the truth about Iraq? How about Obamacare?

Do you remember the Director of National Intelligence under Obama directly lying under oath to a Democrat Senator about NSA spying? Without Snowden's disclosures all we would have are lies from Obama and his minions.

And I am not making this partisan....we are all lied to by our Government far too much...by both parties. We the People cannot effectively monitor our Government when we are constantly being lied to.

Hyperbole. Partisan hyperbole with a sprinkle of "they all do it" seasoning.

You give your opinion a lot with citing any facts or information to back it up. That is your perogative of course, but it doesn't bolster your case.

The Government willfully lies to the American People all the time. I gave a number of specific examples.

There are hundreds of examples of blatant Government lies and abuse both of us could cite. We both know this. My point is simply We the People cannot effectively monitor our Government and keep the Government in check, if we are not told the truth. In my opinion the lies are getting worse. You feel differently, which is fine. But I think both of us know it's a problem.

Lies being told to a well informed public are worse than lies being told to a non-informed public?

We know more now.....and if we employ common sense in the way we consume our news, we can tell a lie from the truth.

This ability to know what is happening real time is fairly recent, as you know. Along with it came the opportunity for some "news" outlets to bullshit real time.....and have their bullshit consumed before it is exposed.

This President is as closely monitored for being truthful as any in our History. There is no proof that we are being lied to more. None. You feel it......but that is all you have. Feelings.

Last edited:
[

Uhhh, so, going into a blind rage and insulting my job situation will make you more correct? My grandmother supports me, I support her in return. It's mooching if I'm not returning the favor.

No, I just find it laughable that you are living off of someone else's social security and medicare, and then you are whining about how the Gummit is oppressing you with "Taxes". I guess this is why it is fun to be a Libertarian, most of you really don't have any responsibilities.

As to the rest of post:

Ha. You have nothing else to say about Cicero other than "fuck him." Really, Joe? Really?

I don't think there is much else to say about the guy. He cried about the death of the Republic, but he supported Pompey until Caesar kicked his ass. Then he supported Caesar until he was assassinated, then he sucked up to Octavian until Mark Anthony demanded Cicero's head as a party favor, and Octavian was glad to give it to him, just to shut the guy up.

[
You are a Communist Progressive. If you got your way, you would play a twisted version of Robbing er Robin Hood. You have no problem with religious freedom only if it gets suppressed for your idea of the "greater good."

I believe in freedom FROM religion, not Freedom of REligion. I would love to apply the same consumer fraud laws to religion we apply to all the other scams in this country.

Other than that, if the rich are going to cheat the working class out of the fruits of their labors, I have no problem with the government robbing the rich to give back to the working class.

Hyperbole. Partisan hyperbole with a sprinkle of "they all do it" seasoning.

You give your opinion a lot with citing any facts or information to back it up. That is your perogative of course, but it doesn't bolster your case.

The Government willfully lies to the American People all the time. I gave a number of specific examples.

There are hundreds of examples of blatant Government lies and abuse both of us could cite. We both know this. My point is simply We the People cannot effectively monitor our Government and keep the Government in check, if we are not told the truth. In my opinion the lies are getting worse. You feel differently, which is fine. But I think both of us know it's a problem.

Lies being told to a well informed public are worse than lies being told to a non-informed public?

We know more now.....and if we employ common sense in the way we consume our news, we can tell a lie from the truth.

This ability to know what is happening real time is fairly recent, as you know. Along with it came the opportunity for some "news" outlets to bullshit real time.....and have their bullshit consumed before it is exposed.

This President is as closely monitored for being truthful as any in our History. There is no proof that we are being lied to more. None. You feel it......but that is all you have. Feelings.

I concede the point. I have no idea if we're being lied to more. And I agree, there is more information out there, but a lot of the info is biased or bullshit based on the political leanings of the media outlet. I did a poll question to see how people feel about this issue. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I concede the point. I have no idea if we're being lied to more. And I agree, there is more information out there, but a lot of the info is biased or bullshit based on the political leanings of the media outlet. I did a poll question to see how people feel about this issue. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Perhaps. Depends on who takes it.

Feelings? Is that not how Obama was elected? With feelings? And how is he "closely monitored for being truthful" when the entire left wing media acts as his vanguard? There is plenty of proof we are being lied to.

"The attack in Benghazi was the result of a spontaneous protest"

"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan; if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period."

"Al-Qaeda has been decimated."

"Bush did it"

"My plan will not add one dime to the deficit."

"I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term."

... just to name a few.

Feelings? Is that not how Obama was elected? With feelings? And how is he "closely monitored for being truthful" when the entire left wing media acts as his vanguard? There is plenty of proof we are being lied to.

"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan; if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period."

"Bush did it"

... just to name a few.

1) The attack in Benghazi WAS the result of the video. the NYT confirmed it.
2) 95% of us ARE keeping our doctor and health care plan.
3) Al Qaeda has been decimated. Bin Laden is dead, so are dozens of other top leaders.
4) Bush did cause most of the problems we have.
5) Since they never implemented his plan, we won't know.
6) Deficit is down to half of what it was in 2009 when it hit a Trillion.

So your best shots are coming up a bit lame, buddy.

No, the people have forgotten the government's place. Governments, all governments look to expand their power and authority. It was on the people to make sure they stayed in their proper role. But, like governments, people have a propensity to expect more and more from rent seekers who make empty promises.

So here we are. And people wonder why I'm an anarcho-capitalist.

People are dumb. The larger the number of them, the dumber the outcome.

Yep, as long as the citizens in this country act like sheep to whatever this government throws at them, then they will soon own us and not the other way other as intended..

"Bush did it"

... just to name a few.

Great post, dingleberry.

"Bush did it"

... just to name a few.

1) The attack in Benghazi WAS the result of the video. the NYT confirmed it.
2) 95% of us ARE keeping our doctor and health care plan.
3) Al Qaeda has been decimated. Bin Laden is dead, so are dozens of other top leaders.
4) Bush did cause most of the problems we have.
5) Since they never implemented his plan, we won't know.
6) Deficit is down to half of what it was in 2009 when it hit a Trillion.

So your best shots are coming up a bit lame, buddy.

1) WRONG. The State Department contradicted that report up and down. It even admitted it was an act of terrorism. So did the Senate Report. Even Leon Panetta disagrees with you.

State Department names groups behind Benghazi strike | Fox News

Panetta: Terrorists carried out consulate attack - CBS News

Senate report: Terrorists 'affiliated' with multiple al Qaeda groups involved in Benghazi attack - The Long War Journal

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf

2) Tell that to the 6.4 million people who lost them. Tell that to the 25 million more who will eventually lose them in the coming years.

3) How have they been decimated? Ramadi and Fallujah clearly don't look like Al-Qaeda has been decimated.

Al Qaeda Forces In Iraq Take Over Fallujah And Ramadi

4) And Obama exacerbated them. Instead of fixing the problems, he made them worse and blamed them on Bush.

5) That's the thing, they didn't. They added $6 trillion to the debt

6) U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

1) You know, it can be an "act of terrorism" and "upset about the video". The two are not mutually exclusive.

2) Probably more like 2 million who lost plans that weren't sustainable to start with.

3) Bin Laden is dead. That a mob held a city for a day before the Iraqi Army retook it doesn't mean all that much.

4) Really? Most stats- unemployment, the stock market, etc, GDP growth - have improved since Bush.

5) No, Bush's wars and tax cuts to the wealthy increased the debt, along with his recession.

6) Non-responsive to my point.

1) You know, it can be an "act of terrorism" and "upset about the video". The two are not mutually exclusive.

2) Probably more like 2 million who lost plans that weren't sustainable to start with.

3) Bin Laden is dead. That a mob held a city for a day before the Iraqi Army retook it doesn't mean all that much.

4) Really? Most stats- unemployment, the stock market, etc, GDP growth - have improved since Bush.

5) No, Bush's wars and tax cuts to the wealthy increased the debt, along with his recession.

6) Non-responsive to my point.

1) You know, you could just be wrong.

2) And who exactly made that determination?

3) Irrelevant. Al-Qaeda still lives, without Bin Laden. Are you dumb enough to think the group would suddenly disappear because he got killed?

4) So when 917,000 people leave the workforce, you of all people would call that "improvement."

5) Obamacare and a certain $787 billion stimulus package, plus the continuance of two wars three and five years after the initial promise have done the same.

6) What point was that?

Last edited:
Sorry, dude, I'm not wrong.

In fact, I am always amazed that the right is so hung up on this video not being the cause of the Riot when there were riots over this video in 20 Islamic countries at the same time.

And the death of Bin Laden is pretty signifigant. Who is the leader of Al Qaeda now?

In fact, I am always amazed that the right is so hung up on this video not being the cause of the Riot when there were riots over this video in 20 Islamic countries at the same time.

And the death of Bin Laden is pretty signifigant. Who is the leader of Al Qaeda now?

Last ditch attempt at keeping your argument alive. The CIA made it clear Benghazi was a terrorist attack 24 HOURS AFTER IT HAPPENED.

As for the leader of Al-Qaeda, do some freaking research!

Ayman al-Zawahiri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're wrong. Deal with it.

19c.gif

Last edited:

Last ditch attempt at keeping your argument alive. The CIA made it clear Benghazi was a terrorist attack 24 HOURS AFTER IT HAPPENED.

As for the leader of Al-Qaeda, do some freaking research!

Ayman al-Zawahiri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're wrong. Deal with it.

Guy, One more time.

TERRORIST ATTACK and UPSET ABOUT THE VIDEO are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

In fact, the one thing you can say about "Terrorists" is that they are usually upset about something.

Sweet Evil Jesus, man, are you really this dense?

Forum List

Back