Our New Speaker Thinks the Earth is 6,000 Years Old

Yeah, he has some concerning views on gay marriage, the question is, has he used those views as the focal point for his decisions in congress? You do realize that people can have a belief, but not allow them to influence decisions. Just like with his interview with hannity, he said, “obergefel is the law of the land”

I agree, his views are not what you would want in a congressman, but, he has said his religion reflects his personal world view. What is his voting record in congress? If he is using his religious views to guide his decisions, then I agree with you.

Rather than me roaming around reading random articles, why don’t you point me to a couple in particular you are thinking of.
He is a legislator.

He wants sodomy and gay marriage to be illegal.

Seems like you're up to speed.

It’s funny how it terrifies you….the thought of sodomy laws coming back.

It should be made illegal again, since it was effectively legalized by SCOTUS the degeneracy of America has run rampant. Like Roe v Wade, Lawerence v Texas should be overturned and left up to states to decide.

I know actual democracy scares little Satanic cult types, like they are with abortion laws being allowed to be voted on now. If the cultists can’t sodomize each other and children, and kill babies, they get real upset!
Embarrassing. Religion turns people's brains to diahrrea.

Let’s put it like this, if you found out Ilhan Omar was using her Muslim views to influence how she voted…you’d be fine with that?
Of course not, because the Quran is Satanic. Just look at how all Islamic countries turned out, that is them governing by the Quran.

I said govern by the Bible. Just look at how European nations turned out.

Embarrassing. Religion turns people's brains to diahrrea.

Which religion causes this?

1698712631763.png

Do you think his world view and beliefs affect his decisions?

What's the difference?

Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

Great news! Glad we finally have a self thinker rather than a parrot!

"Single dumbest thing I have heard all day. Of course you can use the Bible to govern."

So, 'Bible Governance' to coin a phrase after 'The Hawk's' emphatic assertion on the civic goodness of his particular bible...well, it seems that kind of governance could be a tad problematic.

Obviously, problematic for homosexuality. Somewhere in Leviticus we get this: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.”
Seems not only harsh, but climactic.
At least those two gays ain't gonna do that again.
In practical governance though, why not just tax 'em?
------------------------------------------
And it just ain't the gay guys that are in for a, umm, ah, well, a good and final stoning.
Ex-virgins are between 'a rock and a hard place' too (forgive me, I couldn't resist)....anyway, somewhere in Deuteronomy we get this in the event your little 16year old Samantha snuggles-up with the cute boy next door:
"Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

So, in my humble opinion, good poster Hawk's view of good governance seems straight off the Bizarro Desk.

Good governance, biblical version, Hawk's version: Stoning to death gays and cute daughters.

Personally, I'll stick with Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and the others in the assortment.

Biblical crazies can go govern ISIS. Or QAnon.

Homosexuality is like bestiality..
So, 'Bible Governance' to coin a phrase after 'The Hawk's' emphatic assertion on the civic goodness of his particular bible...well, it seems that kind of governance could be a tad problematic.

Obviously, problematic for homosexuality. Somewhere in Leviticus we get this: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.”
Seems not only harsh, but climactic.
At least those two gays ain't gonna do that again.
In practical governance though, why not just tax 'em?
------------------------------------------
And it just ain't the gay guys that are in for a, umm, ah, well, a good and final stoning.
Ex-virgins are between 'a rock and a hard place' too (forgive me, I couldn't resist)....anyway, somewhere in Deuteronomy we get this in the event your little 16year old Samantha snuggles-up with the cute boy next door:
"Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

So, in my humble opinion, good poster Hawk's view of good governance seems straight off the Bizarro Desk.

Good governance, biblical version, Hawk's version: Stoning to death gays and cute daughters.

Personally, I'll stick with Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and the others in the assortment.

Biblical crazies can go govern ISIS. Or QAnon.
You are equating Old Testament commandments with New Testament.

We don’t need to stone them, but they still need to be called out, mocked, and possibly criminalized.

Well hell, you could apply that to anyone who believes in God in general. Regardless of the age of the earth, science “facts” says the Big Bang and evolution are how all this was formed, so anyone believing differently would be refusing the “facts”…so…there goes like…half of congress..

Theory, not provable fact.

He is a legislator.

He wants sodomy and gay marriage to be illegal.

Seems like you're up to speed.
His personal religious views are against gay marriage and sodomy…my question is, how does his political action line up. Again, people CAN keep them separate.

Of course not, because the Quran is Satanic. Just look at how all Islamic countries turned out, that is them governing by the Quran.

I said govern by the Bible. Just look at how European nations turned out.
Ok, so, how do you think a Muslim American would feel if Christianity was used as the basis for decisions?

Remember, the freedom OF religion also means the freedom FROM religion.

Forum List

Back