Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

And next week when school resources officers don't do anything besides shrug their shoulders and tell teachers to deal it when it comes to disruptive students the talking head classes won't understand how things got to this point.
He shouldn't have been dealing with it in the first place. Not his fucking job...

The School Safety Officer is there to deal with exactly these situations.

I think it would have been better, if he had gotten the room cleared and brought in a female officer to help subdue the girl.

Considering all the charges against him, this dirtbag needs to be in jail...

"(CNN) The South Carolina deputy who slammed a disruptive student on the floor and tossed her several feet has been fired.

Other students in the classroom at Spring Valley High School caught the incident on video.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott suspended Deputy Ben Fields without pay, and then fired him Wednesday."
Spring Valley High Officer Ben Fields fired - CNN.com

There are no charges filed against him.

He lost his job.

He was well-liked by students black and white.

Your post seems a bit of an overreaction.

It looks like a good cop had a really bad day and made a move (the trowing) which cost him his job.
He already had at least three other bad days that we know about. His nickname in the school was deputy or officer slam.

The police chief said in a press interview today that he would probably have all the evidence by tomorrow afternoon, and would render a decision then.

However................he did state a couple of times that he was disturbed and dismayed by this officers actions and the video.
what else is he going to say on the news?
If he starts talking like you all people will think he is nuts. That is what I think of all you all who are defending the juiced on steroid beat down he gave the student...that you all are a giant sized bag of Filberts ...
good for you. I think your nuts. So what does that achieve. Still haven't stated how you would have gotten her out of the desk.
You still havent stated what specific danger the other kids were in because she didnt get out of her seat when the teacher asked.
sure I did, you don't understand it. It's logical and you know no logic.

The officer used more force than was required for the situation.

This is almost as bad as the officer that hancuffed a young boy's arms behind his back in a chickenwing fashion because the childs wrists were too small for the cuffs.

He should be fired.
how much force should have been used. how would you have done it?
Drag the desk into the hallway.

Still counts as laying hands on someone.

The new solution is for school cops to do nothing and let the teachers figure it out. It's the only solution that will guarantee their jobs.

Or better yet, no school cops. What cop wants to go through that shit?
Or, better idea, accept that the vast majority of cops, school and otherwise, do their jobs heroically, properly and without resorting to excessive force but that, once in a while, you get a hot head like this moron who have to be asked to move into another line of work when they abuse their authority. That a good idea?

Let me ask you something. Why do you Leftists never actually have a victim? Everyone is either resisting arrest, assaulting cops, or trying to kill cops. Just once I'd actually like to see a "victim" of "police brutality".

Stop resisting arrest, Leftists!

This is almost as bad as the officer that hancuffed a young boy's arms behind his back in a chickenwing fashion because the childs wrists were too small for the cuffs.

He should be fired.

The new solution is for school cops to do nothing and let the teachers figure it out. It's the only solution that will guarantee their jobs.

Cops that enjoy working with children.

I feel sorry for him...he made a move in anger....and the little brat makes out like a bandit.
yep. I think the little shit was playing on their phone (like most kids these days), which was aginst school policy right? They should be required to lock their phones in a locker until lunch time.
She was sitting at a desk, all 100 pounds of her. He-Man the Enforcer could have carried her out of the room, desk and all, and he'd still have his damn job today. Instead he lost it, which means he should never be serving the public anything beyond hamburgers.

The police chief said in a press interview today that he would probably have all the evidence by tomorrow afternoon, and would render a decision then.

However................he did state a couple of times that he was disturbed and dismayed by this officers actions and the video.
If he starts talking like you all people will think he is nuts. That is what I think of all you all who are defending the juiced on steroid beat down he gave the student...that you all are a giant sized bag of Filberts ...
good for you. I think your nuts. So what does that achieve. Still haven't stated how you would have gotten her out of the desk.
You still havent stated what specific danger the other kids were in because she didnt get out of her seat when the teacher asked.
sure I did, you don't understand it. It's logical and you know no logic.
What post did you state it in? I asked you to be specific.

I would have brought in a female teacher or administrator. I would have called the parents also ..... I would not have done what this crazy cop did ... He not only deserves being fired he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law..

I thought about this for a while, and I'm on the officer's side. When all peaceful efforts are exhausted, what other choice is there?
Do the right thing, and back off. She's a kid, not a terrorist. All they had to do was get her mom on the phone.

All they had to do was get her mom on the phone.

She didnt' listen to the teacher, she didn't listen to the administrator, she didn't listen to the Resource Officer.

What makes you think she would have listened to mommy?

Shaun King Retweeted
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 6h6 hours ago

There is no excuse for violence inside a school. The #AssaultAtSpringValleyHigh is unacceptable—schools should be safe places. -H
Now that I agree with. The student should never be allowed back in.
too bad what you say does not count in what is going to happen to the victim of an assault under color of law
I don't really care one way or another. To date, no one has stated how they would have resolved getting her out of her desk. The physical nature of the desk made it difficult to extract the young person. So please let's hear how you'd have done it.

You don't. You pull her desk to the office or an empty room and talk to her. If she won't listen or cooperate then leave her there and contact her parents.

Nobody was thrown.

Do I need to put up the Gif again you lying shit head .... I thought you were some Religious Holy Joe ....doesn't your Religion teach you top not lie ?

benfieldsspringvalleyhighschoolsouthcarolina.gif
where is she thrown? You mean carried? Ahhh that's what you mean right?

Probably not. My bet is that sooner or later he would have gotten a bullet to the head.
By you? You don't have the guts to shoot a cop.
kiss-boots-173.gif
You dont need guts. All you need is a glock.
no gun in that video. So you're talking smack.
Who said there was a gun in the video?. He was talking about me. I'm not in that video either.
Tell us more about how you want to kill cops...

cop-killer.jpg
What would you like to know?

Considering all the charges against him, this dirtbag needs to be in jail...

"(CNN) The South Carolina deputy who slammed a disruptive student on the floor and tossed her several feet has been fired.

Other students in the classroom at Spring Valley High School caught the incident on video.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott suspended Deputy Ben Fields without pay, and then fired him Wednesday."
Spring Valley High Officer Ben Fields fired - CNN.com

There are no charges filed against him.

He lost his job.

He was well-liked by students black and white.

Your post seems a bit of an overreaction.

It looks like a good cop had a really bad day and made a move (the trowing) which cost him his job.
He has previous charges against him

Deputy Ben Fields: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Last edited:
And next week when school resources officers don't do anything besides shrug their shoulders and tell teachers to deal it when it comes to disruptive students the talking head classes won't understand how things got to this point.
He shouldn't have been dealing with it in the first place. Not his fucking job...

The School Safety Officer is there to deal with exactly these situations.
No, they are not, and shouldn't be. He's there to protect the kids and deal with criminal activity, discipline is up to the staff.

He should be fired.

Cops that enjoy working with children.

Those aren't children, they're half grown feral thugs.

Shaun King Retweeted
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 6h6 hours ago

There is no excuse for violence inside a school. The #AssaultAtSpringValleyHigh is unacceptable—schools should be safe places. -H
Now that I agree with. The student should never be allowed back in.
too bad what you say does not count in what is going to happen to the victim of an assault under color of law
I don't really care one way or another. To date, no one has stated how they would have resolved getting her out of her desk. The physical nature of the desk made it difficult to extract the young person. So please let's hear how you'd have done it.

You don't. You pull her desk to the office or an empty room and talk to her. If she won't listen or cooperate then leave her there and contact her parents.
She has to use the bathroom sometime. Evidently the feral cop was intent on claiming the desk as his property.

By you? You don't have the guts to shoot a cop.
kiss-boots-173.gif
You dont need guts. All you need is a glock.
no gun in that video. So you're talking smack.
Who said there was a gun in the video?. He was talking about me. I'm not in that video either.
Tell us more about how you want to kill cops...

cop-killer.jpg
What would you like to know?
I wouldn't have asked otherwise.

I am sure the children fleeing Syria would have a bit of a problem with your referring to our schools here as war zones.

Would they?

Huh.. give it some time. As you idiots are shoving this country into civil war and THAT will make what's happening in Syria look like a walk in the park.

I thought about this for a while, and I'm on the officer's side. When all peaceful efforts are exhausted, what other choice is there?
Do the right thing, and back off. She's a kid, not a terrorist. All they had to do was get her mom on the phone.
If that had failed, would you be okay with letting her disrupt the rest of the class? And sending the message to the other students that they can disrupt the class whenever they want?

Forum List

Back