Outrage Grows After Undocumented Father Arrested in Front of Daughter Near School

The DUI and a car not properly registered two decades before is far from murder, armed robbery or rape.

Correct. That's why he's being deported and not being sent to prison.
But President Trump assured the American people he want to go after only hardened criminals. He spoke of real bad hombres. I think the President might be a polyglot.
But President Trump assured the American people he want to go after only hardened criminals. He spoke of real bad hombres. I think the President might be a polyglot.
Well, in that case, if you're going to do for one, you do for all!

Prostitutes should be released
Shoplifters should be released
Drug dealers and addicts should be released
Rod Blagojevich shouldn't even be in jail

If prisoners had any sense, they would seek appeals
based on the fact that the U.S. allows the harboring of
illegal immigrants who are breaking the law being here illegally

The law is the law, if we are not going to enforce it for everyone,
then either, take it off the books or start letting prisoners free
There are certainly far too many people incarcerated in the USA.
You can thank Trump for wanting to bring that # down. :)

The DUI and a car not properly registered two decades before is far from murder, armed robbery or rape.

He's gonna deport lots of illegal aliens.

So, which is it...

Too many people break the law
Too many laws mandating what constitutes criminal activity

It's simple. It sucks to be in this country ILLEGALLY. Rent your U-Haul and head South.

"He has two prior criminal convictions, said Emi MacLean, an attorney for the National Day Laborer Organizing Network. The organization put out a call to action the day he was arrested, asking supporters to tell ICE not to deport him.

MacLean said Avelica-Gonzalez was convicted of misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor driving without a license in 2008. Another misdemeanor conviction, in 1998, was for receipt of stolen property when he bought a non-DMV-issued vehicle registration tag. Before 2015, immigrants living in California illegally could not get driver’s licenses."

Read more at: Immigrant arrested by ICE after dropping daughter off at school, sending shockwaves through neighborhood

The children of many undocumented Mexicans are more solidly American than many I see posting here.

Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez was dropping off his daughters at school in Los Angeles on Tuesday when he was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. His 13-year-old daughter, Fatima, sobbed as she recorded her father being handcuffed in front of her and her mother.

Avelica-Gonzalez, 48, who has been living in the United States for over 20 years, had just finished dropping off his 12-year-old daughter in the Highland Park neighborhood when he was detained. His 19-year-old daughter, Jocelyn, who was at work during the incident, told the LAist that a car had been following her father since the moment he left the house.

“My dad dropped off my first sister and then when he turned around, they turned on their light,” Jocelyn said. “My dad was really scared. He didn’t want to pull over, but he did. As soon as he did, one car went in front of his truck and one in back of his truck. They took him out and they arrested him.”

In the video, Fatima can be heard loudly weeping as her father is detained by men wearing jackets and vests marked “POLICE.” (Los Angeles officials have asked ICE agents to stop identifying themselves as such.) Her mother asks one of the officers in Spanish how to proceed before turning to her daughter and telling her: “Don’t cry, honey. Don’t cry. We have to be strong.”

Avelica-Gonzalez, the father of four U.S. citizens, was detained over a DUI conviction nearly 10 years ago and a two decade-old incident involving an incorrect registration sticker, according to a local ABC affiliate.

Harrowing Video Captures Teen Sobbing As ICE Arrests Her Dad On The Way To School | The Huffington Post
-------------

Welcome to Trump's America, ripping families apart to create fear.

Where you left wing nitwits when San Francisco authorities release the illegal immigrant with a felony record who killed Kate Steinle???? Go fly a kite.

So, which is it...

Too many people break the law
Too many laws mandating what constitutes criminal activity
Far too many prosecutions for minor offences and for stupid laws.

Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez was dropping off his daughters at school in Los Angeles on Tuesday when he was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. His 13-year-old daughter, Fatima, sobbed as she recorded her father being handcuffed in front of her and her mother.

Avelica-Gonzalez, 48, who has been living in the United States for over 20 years, had just finished dropping off his 12-year-old daughter in the Highland Park neighborhood when he was detained. His 19-year-old daughter, Jocelyn, who was at work during the incident, told the LAist that a car had been following her father since the moment he left the house.

“My dad dropped off my first sister and then when he turned around, they turned on their light,” Jocelyn said. “My dad was really scared. He didn’t want to pull over, but he did. As soon as he did, one car went in front of his truck and one in back of his truck. They took him out and they arrested him.”

In the video, Fatima can be heard loudly weeping as her father is detained by men wearing jackets and vests marked “POLICE.” (Los Angeles officials have asked ICE agents to stop identifying themselves as such.) Her mother asks one of the officers in Spanish how to proceed before turning to her daughter and telling her: “Don’t cry, honey. Don’t cry. We have to be strong.”

Avelica-Gonzalez, the father of four U.S. citizens, was detained over a DUI conviction nearly 10 years ago and a two decade-old incident involving an incorrect registration sticker, according to a local ABC affiliate.

Harrowing Video Captures Teen Sobbing As ICE Arrests Her Dad On The Way To School | The Huffington Post
-------------

Welcome to Trump's America, ripping families apart to create fear.

Did you learn anything, SYTFE?

Now i'm confused. That poster said he only had a DUI offense. But then he also referred to old 'cases.' That would be plural. So how many 'cases' are we talking about?
Three old misdemeanors which were dealt with by judges: a DUI, driving without proper papers and buying a car without proper documents, I believe. Not felonies and no one was hurt and for the past twenty years no trouble with the law.

I don't know, doesn't look good for him. I still believe there's more to the story. For them to issue a Deportation Order, they must have seen more. But regardless, if you are an Illegal, i would advise not committing additional crimes. That would only be begging for prison or Deportation.
In American law, there is no such thing as "an illegal" person only an illegal act.

I hear what you're saying, but if you're here illegally, it would be in your best interest to not commit additional crimes. It's only begging for trouble.
It is more correct to speak of undocumented immigrants as being in the USA without visa.
I would advise everyone to avoid breaking the law.

In the law they are referred to as illegal aliens, you don't chose legal terms, congress does.

Sociopaths generally cheer over families being torn apart, indeed.

No, you idiot, sociopaths cheer when people get away with committing crimes.

Such as the ICE scumbags impersonating police officers? You do know that's a crime, right?

They are federal agents, meaning they are police officers.

I wish libs could grow a brain.

Is that conservatard logic?

There's a reason why when there's a robber in your house, you don't call ICE -- you call the police, conservatard.
Police are not Federal.

You might want to tell the US Parks police.

I suggest you actually watch his speeches and interviews for yourself.
Trump said the criminals were a higher priority.

It's about time!

I would have cheered had I been there

Such as the ICE scumbags impersonating police officers? You do know that's a crime, right?

There's a reason why when there's a robber in your house, you don't call ICE -- you call the police, conservatard.

If there is an illegal alien living in my neighborhood, I call ICE.

BTW, when there is a robber in my house I call the Sheriff and we don't have "police". They will need to come pick up the liberal's body.

Police are not Federal.

Are there non-Federal Police besides ICE involved with Illegals?

Hopefully, this outrage results in more illegal immigrants protesting, so the government can detain them easier.
Most Americans must be saddened by what is happening at the instigation of a loco president.

I'm pretty happy about it, especially when people like you post stories like this one.
We have the whole story. There are cruel and heartless people who back-up the police every time, contrary to your belief.

Police enforce our laws, so yes, good people do back them up all the time unless they broke a law themselves.

The agents broke no law here. They are doing what they should have been doing the last 8 years. We are proud of them.
The man's American family is not proud of the Immigration officers who were dressed like policemen.

If what you say is true, and he only has a couple minor past offenses, something could be worked out. So let's wait a little longer on this one. It may still work out for all parties involved. If it does, i hope this same media outlet that reported this, comes back and updaste the story. Because that doesn't happen enough. If he does get to stay, i hope those folks give Immigration Officials some credit.
It appears he does have a legal counsel

If it's only minor offenses like you've suggested, something could be worked out. But future folks coming here illegally, better take notice. Improving border security and ending Illegal Immigration, is being taken more seriously at this point.
If it's only minor offenses like you've suggested, something could be worked out. But future folks coming here illegally, better take notice. Improving border security and ending Illegal Immigration, is being taken more seriously at this point
No, nothing should be worked out!
You can not make exceptions!
Everyone thinks they're an exception to the law!

I worked for a union company some years back...
One day my boss had given me a write up for being late...
well, this particular boss didn't care for me nor i for her.

She gave me the write up to be a bitch,
being late gave her a justifiable reason, regardless.

The thing was, because she was doing it out of spite,
and didn't, wasn't writing up everyone, every time, they were late
I fought the write up and won, based on precedent

If you're going to do to one, you do to all!

BTW, when there is a robber in my house I call the Sheriff and we don't have "police". They will need to come pick up the liberal's body.

Sounds like you live in the middle of nowhere out in the country. Trailer park?

Apparently there are too many criminals still on the loose.

Police are not Federal.

No. It is not the job of local police departments to have anything to do with illegal immigration stuff.

Police are not Federal.

No. It is not the job of local police departments to have anything to do with illegal immigration stuff.
And that's why we need ICE.

The children of many undocumented Mexicans are more solidly American than many I see posting here.

How do you know when a regressive has ran completely out of logical arguments?

A: When they say it's for the children.

Sounds like you live in the middle of nowhere out in the country. Trailer park?

I live in God's country.

Policing depends on where you live. Ever hear of the Jacksonville Florida Police Department? It doesn't exist.

It is called the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Big city but no "police" to be found.

Forum List

Back