Over 4 decades Iran has been attacking the USA

But our amazing Pres.Trump tells wonderful lies that I want to hear and believe. ... :thup:

In this case, if these latest series of lies are followed up on and Congress doesn't act, break out the body bags, lots of body bags for Americans and Iranians.

Obama did not need Congress for his illegal wars, funny now how they demand Trump consult them.

If Trump wants something then the far left will automatically oppose it.

If Trump does not want it the the far left will want it!

If anything this will expedite the departure of the US Military out of Iraq.

Many will find this as a good thing.

It's ain't partisan anymore. It's headed for War. War between two nations. Iran ain't Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. It's going to come to our shores as well as all over the globe. WE may not have boots on the ground inside of Iran but our Navy and Air Force is going to suffer losses and only be able to go only so far in before it's too costly to go any further. And don't look for the other Middle Eastern Countries to be that keen on helping out or allowing our troops to use their countries as jumping off points. Saudi Arabia is well within Irans Missile Range as it is and so is most of the others. Rump has no idea the can of worms he's opening up.

The US military could absolutely pummel Iran if we chose to do so. They speak in hyperbole about their military might. Admittedly, they have more than most other countries in that region, but in comparison, the US would obliterate them if we don't pussyfoot around. My biggest concern would be an escalation with other countries getting involved(Russia, China, etc.). Iran vs the US and its allies(Israel) is no competition whatsoever.
I do not think that others country you are citing would risk making an arm of honor to the Americans ... perhaps our French President the pretentious Macaroni.

But our amazing Pres.Trump tells wonderful lies that I want to hear and believe. ... :thup:

In this case, if these latest series of lies are followed up on and Congress doesn't act, break out the body bags, lots of body bags for Americans and Iranians.

Obama did not need Congress for his illegal wars, funny now how they demand Trump consult them.

It's ain't partisan anymore. It's headed for War. War between two nations. Iran ain't Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. It's going to come to our shores as well as all over the globe. WE may not have boots on the ground inside of Iran but our Navy and Air Force is going to suffer losses and only be able to go only so far in before it's too costly to go any further. And don't look for the other Middle Eastern Countries to be that keen on helping out or allowing our troops to use their countries as jumping off points. Saudi Arabia is well within Irans Missile Range as it is and so is most of the others. Rump has no idea the can of worms he's opening up.

The US military could absolutely pummel Iran if we chose to do so. They speak in hyperbole about their military might. Admittedly, they have more than most other countries in that region, but in comparison, the US would obliterate them if we don't pussyfoot around. My biggest concern would be an escalation with other countries getting involved(Russia, China, etc.). Iran vs the US and its allies(Israel) is no competition whatsoever.

Read the last part of the Bible.

Yes, I agree with that. Escalation is the potential issue. The end of times will begin from the ME, just not sure this is it. If so, I am ready.

I do not think that others country you are citing would risk making an arm of honor to the Americans ... perhaps our French President the pretentious Macaroni.

The only way Iran would have a chance against the US would be to have backing from one of the major world powers. The US, even without our allies, against them, means destruction for them on a large scale.

Well France did go into Libya and Obama followed in an illegal war!

Also France did go into many African nations, backed by the US in more illegal wars by Obama!

But generally France follows what Germany wants, just look at the EU.

To add to the OP from the link:

For almost four decades, Iran and its terrorist proxies have targeted American civilians and military personnel. From the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut to more than a decade of attacks against U.S. military personnel in Iraq, Iran’s terrorist proxies have killed more Americans than any terrorist group other than al-Qaida. These attacks underscore Iran’s malign activities in the region and beyond. Congress and the administration must continue to confront Iran’s regional aggression and support for terrorism.

HOSTAGES HELD AT U.S. EMBASSY IN IRAN A group of Iranian students backed by Islamic Revolutionary leader Ayatollah Khomeini took control of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, holding 52 U.S. diplomats and citizens hostage for 444 days.

Okay. This was after we took in the Shah and they sincerely believed we were going to try to put him back into power. When the Shah died, they returned the hostages. NEXT.

MINE ATTACK IN THE PERSIAN GULF Iran—in violation of international law—mined the Persian Gulf. In 1988, one such mine struck the U.S. Navy guided missile frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts, injuring 10 sailors and blowing a 15-foot hole in the vessel’s hull.

This would be AFTER we armed, supplied and supported Saddam Hussein's war of aggression on Iran.

TRUCK BOMBING IN SAUDI ARABIA Hezbollah terrorists—with Iranian backing and support—attacked U.S. military forces housed in the Khobar Towers in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killing 19 Americans and wounding 372.

Actually, Al Qaeda did that, not Iran.

SUICIDE BOMBINGS IN LEBANON The Iranian-backed terrorist organization Hezbollah—founded, armed, trained and funded by Iran—conducted two suicide bombings in Lebanon: the April bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut killed 17 Americans and the October bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut killed 241 Americans.

We shouldn't have been in Beruit. Next.

SUPPORT FOR 9/11 HIJACKERS Iran knowingly permitted members of al-Qaida, including several of the 9/11 hijackers, to transit Iranian territory on their way to Afghanistan for training. In April 2018, a U.S. judge ordered Iran to pay $6 billion to the families of 9/11 victims for supporting the hijackers.

This is a plain, outright lie....

OCTOBER 2018 UNJUSTLY DETAINING AMERICANS Iran has imprisoned U.S. citizens on spurious charges and without due process for decades. Former FBI agent Bob Levinson has not been heard from since he was arrested in Iran in 2007.

Um, yeah, that's what happens to spies. We are currently holding two Iranians on charges of being spies.

Two arrested for allegedly spying for Iran in U.S.

HARASSMENT IN THE PERSIAN GULF Iran’s military has repeatedly taken a range of provocative actions against Americans in international waters, including charging American ships at close range as well as the seizure of two naval vessels and 10 U.S. sailors in January 2016.

These would be sailors who ignored orders and crossed into Iranian waters..

So you want to give Rump another free pass. We are past that already. No more free rides. If Rump goes like he says he will we are at war with Iran. If he backs off now, they are still going to go full attack on our Embassies and outposts through the militias and we are at war. The only way we can avoid war is for Congress to step in and stop "Rump in his tracks right now. NO later than Friday.

Free pass on what?

Is Obama Enabling the Next President to Launch Illegal Wars?
If his administration gets its way, it would be even easier for future commanders in chief to take military action without approval from Congress.

How Obama Is Enabling the Next President to Launch Illegal Wars

It's not about Obama. It's about Rump and War with Iran. You are trying to free ride Rump and get us into a full blown war with Iran. And I'll tell you this, Iran isn't going to play by the rules. Get ready for things to go boom inside the US as well.

And taking out a terrorist in Iraq will start a war with Iran? You are the one wishing for war with Iran, just like the far left!

The Target was the General in Charge of the QUD of Iran. Rump could have said, "Oops, My Bad" and it would not have been so ground shaking. Instead he said that was the intended target all along. If ever there was a time for him to lie, this was it. But, no, for once in his life, he chose to tell the truth. And that was an act of War in the eyes of Iran. It doesn't matter what you think. It's what the Iranians think that is meaningful. And either the US finds a way to walk this back or Iran goes to war. So stop with this stupid Free Pass crap. Rump is blowing it really big time and he really doesn't have a way out. Congress is going to have to pull the US out of this one.

The way you talk, the US should be afraid of Iran and not the other way around. They aren't so ignorant, but will continue to talk a big game. Their regime is fragile. The people are becoming more and more Westernized, which they hate. There is a segment of their population that would cheer for the regime to be taken out. Those in the regime are not so stupid as to start a full scale war with the US.

I don't care how much a person hates their government, let an outside force attack and it becomes a homeland issue.

Maybe Trump can send them pallets of cash like Obama did.

So you want to give Rump another free pass. We are past that already. No more free rides. If Rump goes like he says he will we are at war with Iran. If he backs off now, they are still going to go full attack on our Embassies and outposts through the militias and we are at war. The only way we can avoid war is for Congress to step in and stop "Rump in his tracks right now. NO later than Friday.

Free pass on what?

Is Obama Enabling the Next President to Launch Illegal Wars?
If his administration gets its way, it would be even easier for future commanders in chief to take military action without approval from Congress.

How Obama Is Enabling the Next President to Launch Illegal Wars

In 1973, Congress passed the War Powers Resolution over President Richard Nixon’s veto. It represented the culmination of a national effort to prevent future presidents from repeating Nixon’s unilateral escalations in Vietnam. The Resolution provides that, when a president commits American forces to a new military engagement, he has 60 days to gain the explicit authorization of Congress for the war. If Congress refuses its consent, the Resolution requires the commander in chief to withdraw his forces from the battlefield within the next 30 days

a little history is in order

Nixon and Kissy got bagged bombing Cambodia , and so a PO'ed Congress decided THEY should have the final say in any WAR declared

Unfortunately , this backfired semantically , because we call it anything BUT a WAR

~S~

Yes Obama violated that many times and the far left silent, but he has made it easier for future presidents to not need congress!

Do not like what is happening then you need to blame the far left and remove them from power!

Even Clinton violated this, but no one the left called him out in it, not even Bernie!

But Trump did follow this, despite any claims from the far left cult!

As i've explained, a bumbling Congress set the stage for any given potus to pull the trigger on any given conflict

This has nothing to do w/party lines, everything to do with their historic ineptitude

~S~

Yes it has everything to do with party lines, always has.

Obama illegal wars good!

Trump kills a terrorist bad!

That is the way of the far left.

Dude, do you seriously think Iran wants a war with the US? They always talk big, but behind closed doors the regime knows they would be annihilated. Obama would have backed down from their threats because, well, he is a wuss, but they likely know to be careful with Trump. They want to remain in power and they KNOW that going to war with the US would result in them be dead and/or out of power just like Saddam. Let me guess, their Republican National Guard is going to wreak havoc and rain down great suffering on US invaders. LOL...I can't believe some folks still fall for that crap.

Hey, guy, we are into year 19 of the War on Terror...

We don't have the capability to invade Iran, and bombing them will just mean we'll have big pictures of dead Iranian kids being pulled out of rubble, which isn't going to endear us in the Islamic World.

Trump just kicked a hornet's nest, and we are going to get stung.

You and your minion clowns only "know" what the media liars tell you.

i'm admittedly a dumb farm hand , but i know when i'm being sh*t , that a lot of young brave American lives are on the line to protect me from something that could have been avoided makes me mad at the administration who blew it

~S~

Dude, do you seriously think Iran wants a war with the US? They always talk big, but behind closed doors the regime knows they would be annihilated. Obama would have backed down from their threats because, well, he is a wuss, but they likely know to be careful with Trump. They want to remain in power and they KNOW that going to war with the US would result in them be dead and/or out of power just like Saddam. Let me guess, their Republican National Guard is going to wreak havoc and rain down great suffering on US invaders. LOL...I can't believe some folks still fall for that crap.

The US still can't do boots on the Ground in Iran. Sure, Sea and Air Power. but to win a war, you have to put boots on the ground. And the surrounding Nations may not want to participate and allow their countries to be used as staging points since they become targets for Iranian Missiles in their Cities and Oil Fields. I'll guarentee that Iraq won't allow it and neither will Saudi Arabia. You can only do so much from Diego Garcia and Carriers.

We can effectively take out the leadership from afar if necessary. We could also bomb their coast into submission before landing on their beaches from the Persian Gulf, if necessary. If the US goes full scale, they have no chance, period.

Read the last part of the Bible.

Yes, I agree with that. Escalation is the potential issue. The end of times will begin from the ME, just not sure this is it. If so, I am ready.

Hey, let's not push it. The Rapture happens and we find out that God isn't letting anyone in because we were all too stupid.

The way you talk, the US should be afraid of Iran and not the other way around. They aren't so ignorant, but will continue to talk a big game. Their regime is fragile. The people are becoming more and more Westernized, which they hate. There is a segment of their population that would cheer for the regime to be taken out. Those in the regime are not so stupid as to start a full scale war with the US.

GUy, you need to stop listening to the hate radio.

Here's a live feed of Soleimani's funeral

The only way Iran would have a chance against the US would be to have backing from one of the major world powers. The US, even without our allies, against them, means destruction for them on a large scale.
Your Army can face all the declared wars by any country in the world on the other hand it surely lost some of is power during the 8 years of Obama because of its cuts

To add to the OP from the link:

For almost four decades, Iran and its terrorist proxies have targeted American civilians and military personnel. From the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut to more than a decade of attacks against U.S. military personnel in Iraq, Iran’s terrorist proxies have killed more Americans than any terrorist group other than al-Qaida. These attacks underscore Iran’s malign activities in the region and beyond. Congress and the administration must continue to confront Iran’s regional aggression and support for terrorism.

HOSTAGES HELD AT U.S. EMBASSY IN IRAN A group of Iranian students backed by Islamic Revolutionary leader Ayatollah Khomeini took control of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, holding 52 U.S. diplomats and citizens hostage for 444 days.

Okay. This was after we took in the Shah and they sincerely believed we were going to try to put him back into power. When the Shah died, they returned the hostages. NEXT.

MINE ATTACK IN THE PERSIAN GULF Iran—in violation of international law—mined the Persian Gulf. In 1988, one such mine struck the U.S. Navy guided missile frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts, injuring 10 sailors and blowing a 15-foot hole in the vessel’s hull.

This would be AFTER we armed, supplied and supported Saddam Hussein's war of aggression on Iran.

TRUCK BOMBING IN SAUDI ARABIA Hezbollah terrorists—with Iranian backing and support—attacked U.S. military forces housed in the Khobar Towers in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killing 19 Americans and wounding 372.

Actually, Al Qaeda did that, not Iran.

SUICIDE BOMBINGS IN LEBANON The Iranian-backed terrorist organization Hezbollah—founded, armed, trained and funded by Iran—conducted two suicide bombings in Lebanon: the April bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut killed 17 Americans and the October bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut killed 241 Americans.

We shouldn't have been in Beruit. Next.

SUPPORT FOR 9/11 HIJACKERS Iran knowingly permitted members of al-Qaida, including several of the 9/11 hijackers, to transit Iranian territory on their way to Afghanistan for training. In April 2018, a U.S. judge ordered Iran to pay $6 billion to the families of 9/11 victims for supporting the hijackers.

This is a plain, outright lie....

OCTOBER 2018 UNJUSTLY DETAINING AMERICANS Iran has imprisoned U.S. citizens on spurious charges and without due process for decades. Former FBI agent Bob Levinson has not been heard from since he was arrested in Iran in 2007.

Um, yeah, that's what happens to spies. We are currently holding two Iranians on charges of being spies.

Two arrested for allegedly spying for Iran in U.S.

HARASSMENT IN THE PERSIAN GULF Iran’s military has repeatedly taken a range of provocative actions against Americans in international waters, including charging American ships at close range as well as the seizure of two naval vessels and 10 U.S. sailors in January 2016.

These would be sailors who ignored orders and crossed into Iranian waters..

Yes it is nice to watch someone defend Iran because they hate Trump! But as you see much far left propaganda!

It is funny to watch them side with Iran!

Who backed Iran? Russia!

Who sold weapons to Iraq and Iran? Russia!

Who continues to back Iran? Russia and China!

Guess this defeats the Russia narrative being pushed about Trump, not that it had any weight anyway!

Notice they can only cite one of their claims and it is based on false allegations of the Iranian government, but to the far left allegedly means they are guilty.

They lie to protect their debunked cult propaganda!

i'm admittedly a dumb farm hand , but i know when i'm being sh*t , that a lot of young brave American lives are on the line to protect me from something that could have been avoided makes me mad at the administration who blew it

~S~

The US still can't do boots on the Ground in Iran. Sure, Sea and Air Power. but to win a war, you have to put boots on the ground. And the surrounding Nations may not want to participate and allow their countries to be used as staging points since they become targets for Iranian Missiles in their Cities and Oil Fields. I'll guarentee that Iraq won't allow it and neither will Saudi Arabia. You can only do so much from Diego Garcia and Carriers.

We can effectively take out the leadership from afar if necessary. We could also bomb their coast into submission before landing on their beaches from the Persian Gulf, if necessary. If the US goes full scale, they have no chance, period.

We can't go any further than a few miles inland before the terrain stops our ground forces. It gets hilly and mountainous. That's the same reason that the US can't invade China and neither China nor Russia can invade each other. When you are reduced to losing your armor and have to come in on foot, the smaller defending force will almost always win. They don't have to actually win, they just have to remain. The invading force has to win and that''s just not possible.

Why don't you and a bunch of your buddies from Jesus-Land go sign up to do that?

The reality is, we couldn't pound Iraq into submission after 17 years of trying, Iran is 3 times as large, mountainous, has a much more sophisticated military, and oh, yeah, their people really will fight back a lot harder.

Let's not forget, it took nearly a year of preparation to invade Iraq, and it was still a total clusterfuck.

GUy, you need to stop listening to the hate radio.

Here's a live feed of Soleimani's funeral

Iraq: Protesters celebrate as head of Iran's Quds force General Soleimani killed in US airstrike

Guess this defeats the Russia narrative being pushed about Trump, not that it had any weight anyway!

Notice they can only cite one of their claims and it is based on false allegations of the Iranian government, but to the far left allegedly means they are guilty.

I think the Russians are as horrified as we are... They probably never thought Trump would be as bad as he is.

I think the Russians are as horrified as we are... They probably never thought Trump would be as bad as he is.

The far left is horrified? No they just hate Trump and it does not matter what he does!

But it does prove that Trump is not a Russian asset, but he never was anyway!

Obama was worse than Trump!

Forum List

Back