Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

Nothing has really changed. There is an illusion of a veneer of change.

What a joke. The fact you can say that things have not changed from the 60's until now in regards to discrimmination is laughable.
It sure looks like it has. That's the veneer of change. Underneath, it's spreading and roiling hatred.

In the 60's women couldn't get a credit card.

There was separate but equal for blacks.

Interracial marriage was not allowed.

But yeah nothing has changed .... It's all a sham.
Not a sham. The issue was discrimination. There is a veneer that there is no longer discrimination. Under that veneer, which includes all of the cosmetic changes we are a people who really despise one another. The cheerful black waitress is really going to spit in your soup. That nice white man calls his black neighbor a ni66er behind his back. There is black lives matter and the largest resurgence of the kkk since the 30s.

Because you imagine that if people are punished badly enough for discrimination, the discrimination will go away. Not only does it not go away, but it makes understandable that what should be reprehensible. The cake incident was going on four years ago. The Kliens are making money off the publicity. The perv couple are struggling to stay alive. And, no one cares.

Uh, not really. The Kleins are whoring themselves out to the Christian Agreivement Circuit, and Mr. Klein is enjoying the fuck out of it. He went from being a loser who couldn't hold down a job outside his wife's shop to being a Christian Hero.

Mrs. Klein looks like someone shot her puppy at every last one of these things. Which is pretty much what her husband did to her. all she probably wanted to do is bake cakes.

Because you imagine that if people are punished badly enough for discrimination, the discrimination will go away. Not only does it not go away, but it makes understandable that what should be reprehensible. The cake incident was going on four years ago. The Kliens are making money off the publicity. The perv couple are struggling to stay alive. And, no one cares.

Uh, not really. The Kleins are whoring themselves out to the Christian Agreivement Circuit, and Mr. Klein is enjoying the fuck out of it. He went from being a loser who couldn't hold down a job outside his wife's shop to being a Christian Hero.

Mrs. Klein looks like someone shot her puppy at every last one of these things. Which is pretty much what her husband did to her. all she probably wanted to do is bake cakes.
And the pervs don't seem to be enjoying much of anything. They went from having jobs to scrounging for every dollar.

When will they have enough and commit suicide like so many other pervs.

And the pervs don't seem to be enjoying much of anything. They went from having jobs to scrounging for every dollar.

Where do you read that into the article? Never mind, I think these are just your fantasies about these dirty, dirty girls... and you didn't really mean that one time in college.

I remember holding my father when he died, from a form of cancer caused by his job, it was totally preventable. The pain from THAT lingers, but I can't bitch and whine about cakes and mostly petty things like that and expect the world to move and expect the supreme court to do anything about it. Grow the hell up, get over it. The pain of not getting a confection must be REALLY traumatic. The pain, the pain!

One went from performing professionally and working in a children's museum to cleaning houses and getting on food stamps.

As these two pervs look around the devastation they did to themselves they NOW ask, "all for a cake." The pain isn't from the cake. It's from the constant attacks against them.

One went from performing professionally and working in a children's museum to cleaning houses and getting on food stamps.

As these two pervs look around the devastation they did to themselves they NOW ask, "all for a cake." The pain isn't from the cake. It's from the constant attacks against them.

I have zero sympathy for the perverted freakish heifers. They can go to hell

The thing is, not only do I know this, I know it works, and I can prove it.

Let's look at German, East German, West German and Austria. Three countries who in the 1930s and first half of the 1940s were Nazi. Let's make no mistake about this, the Hitler youth was a big part of kids' lives and all of that.

In 1945 Germany was divided into 4, and then Germany got Separated. Austria was also divided into 4 but the Russians didn't seem to care so much about Austria.

In the first few years after the end of the war, the Americans especially, but the British and French too, introduced a policy called "denazification", basically rooting out the bad guys, putting them on trial. They went through society, and tried to make society a better place.

The Russians didn't care. Anyone who would make a good Communist could be a good Communist.

The Austrians were told they were the victims. The West Germans however were guilty of all crimes. Forget that 40% of concentration camp commanders were Austrian, Hitler was from Austria and Austrians are quite right win in comparison with other countries.

Anyway.

The NDP is Germany's far right party.

table-4-map-npd-membership-per-100000-test.png

This is their membership based on region. All those in the former East Germany are higher than those in the former West Germany. Berlin was in both.

table-7-map-npd-state-level-elections.png

This is a state election map, again, similar thing.

table-8-neonazis-per-1000001.png

Why are there more neo-Nazis in a part of the country that was Communist? Well, mainly because the West Germans were brought up being educated in not being that.

Austria is quite right wing. However it's quite difficult to compare, however the far right lost, narrowly, the presidential election a few months back, and has contested it and will have another election. Half of people basically voted for them.
That certainly proved nothing. If anything at all, discrimination against Jews is as bad as ever. Except it's throughout Europe today.

Well, if you want to understand Germany and Austria then you will see this as true. I've stated my case enough for you to find out the truth if you wish. If you wish to hide from the truth and go for your agenda I'm sure nothing I say will convince you of this.

I've lived in Germany and Austria, and I've see this for the case it is.

Discrimination exists. We're not talking discrimination, we're talking far right groups, people willing to vote for far right fascists. There are reasons, as I've stated, why the former West Germany is less likely to vote for them. You don't know why this is the case. You have no idea. I'm telling you, and yet you're rejecting this for no reason other than you can. That's not my problem. You can lead a horse to water......
You cannot punish people out of discrimination. You might make the harsher and more hidden but you can't make it go away. Surely this incident with these perverts having such a hard time for so long would give you a clue. When gays are beaten and killed yet no one cares. If they care, its the perv had it coming.

I cannot make you understand that instead of sympathy for gays, people are more inclined to be understanding of throwing them off buildings.

You have a choice of how you want society to be. The right seem to choose to have society as some kind of anarchy so the rich can get away with what they like. I've chosen to fight for a society which isn't anarchy, where people are educated in how to live in society, where people are punished if they break the rules society has set up.

Now, the right CLAIM that they favor a society which is like this, but they don't. They are willing to take away people's rights in order to have "security" but usually only on their terms. They want people who are breaking the law so they can be tough on them, they want people who have easy sex so they can demonize them. It's easy to sell to the rest of the people, have the pariahs out there, make them scapegoats (haven't they always, like the Jews?)

This is right wing politics. It's about simplifying things, making the environment right for right wing politics. And yet they demonize the left, like me, who stand up and say they a society which has a certain amount of order there (which they claim they want), only the left want it done in an intelligent manner (I don't claim to speak for all the left, or even most of it).
The right doesn't want your regimented society. I know for damn sure I don't.

No one is taking your rights away. You simply have no right to be liked or to good will from anyone. Are you really now switching off to somehow blame the rich for the rejection of degeneracy? The left wants a tightly regimented society that does not tolerate different opinions.

Now you know why I tossed two lezzies out. I didn't have a religious objection and never pretended to have one. I knew I had the right and the power to tell them to fuck off and there was nothing they could do. It was a strike back for perverts being generally obnoxious. Maybe the answer isn't for vulnerable bakers and florists to fight. Maybe it's up to the ones who don't have these businesses to give pervs the bloody nose.

But they do.

When terrorism comes up they demand that people's rights be reduced (except the 2nd Amendment of course), they demand immigrants fit into their way of life, they demand that people don't drink, that people don't smoke, that people cross the road in the right place, that people do so much stuff.

You don't understand the theory of rights, I've got that already. And I've also got that you like to use insulting names for groups you don't like.

It's hardly a debate when you end up resorting to that sort of thing.

You don't have the right to tell someone to fuck off. It's not a right. The right to free speech isn't the right to say whatever you like whenever you like.

Maybe there were. This isn't the point.

Firstly there are laws, and they're there for a reason. Some places have multiple bakeries, some places don't. You can't have one law for places with multiple bakeries and one law for places with just one.

So the law is that you can't discriminate on the basis of who you have sex with. That's the law, it's there for many reasons, and these people broke that law and they got their ass handed to them in court.

So I just used this real life example to make my point that these "discrimmination" laws aren't necessary in today's america and you just ignore that point?

There is no need for the government to kill that business. When any business stops taking customers they risk losing their business in the long run. The market will weed out these businesses. Government doesn't need to kill people's livelihoods

Problem is that back in the day this didn't happen, did it? Bus companies didn't go out of business because blacks had to sit at the back. Diners didn't go out of business for discriminating against blacks.

In fact this bakery is probably doing better for the all the free advertising they're getting and all the bigoted Christians in the area are flocking to their hidden away bakery.

That's why govt is needed. To stop this ridiculousness.

You keep bringing up the past like it's even relevant. The business climate today vs the 1960's is quite different.

We have evolved and no longer need these discrimmination laws. Let's just try the constitution

The past is relevant. Yes, things are different, that doesn't stop it being relevant. Oh, right, yeah, got it, you don't want to talk about it because it doesn't help your case.

We don't need these discrimination laws? Are you serious? You can see the reaction of many towards other people that suggests as soon as you get rid of discrimination laws, they're going to discriminate to their hearts' content.

So it's your contention that's it's not possible to learn not to discrimminate on a massive level?

So all the education is pointless and a waste of time? Since you contest that Nothing has changed from the 1960's to now.

That's not my contention.

I remember holding my father when he died, from a form of cancer caused by his job, it was totally preventable. The pain from THAT lingers, but I can't bitch and whine about cakes and mostly petty things like that and expect the world to move and expect the supreme court to do anything about it. Grow the hell up, get over it. The pain of not getting a confection must be REALLY traumatic. The pain, the pain!

It wasn't the "not getting a confection" that was the problem.

It was having some bible-thumping asshole scream at your mother after you were invited down to buy a confection.

It was having a bunch of his bible thumping buddies track you down on social media and scream obscenities at you. (Seriously, they need to track every last one of these people down and charge them with a hate crime. Problem solved.)

I have zero sympathy for the perverted freakish heifers. They can go to hell

Because you are such a "Good Christian", Fat Irish Sow.

Where's a Roman Lion when you need one?

People hate being bullied and rightfully so. Homosexuals would do well to take note.

People hate being bullied and rightfully so. Homosexuals would do well to take note.

Yawn, guy, most decent Christians aren't the ones getting their panties in a wad. Gay marriage is legal and most people realized it has no effect in their lives.

People also hate losing their status at the top of the pile. There's nothing much you can do about it, other than continue to try and take away the top of the pile.

That certainly proved nothing. If anything at all, discrimination against Jews is as bad as ever. Except it's throughout Europe today.

Well, if you want to understand Germany and Austria then you will see this as true. I've stated my case enough for you to find out the truth if you wish. If you wish to hide from the truth and go for your agenda I'm sure nothing I say will convince you of this.

I've lived in Germany and Austria, and I've see this for the case it is.

Discrimination exists. We're not talking discrimination, we're talking far right groups, people willing to vote for far right fascists. There are reasons, as I've stated, why the former West Germany is less likely to vote for them. You don't know why this is the case. You have no idea. I'm telling you, and yet you're rejecting this for no reason other than you can. That's not my problem. You can lead a horse to water......
You cannot punish people out of discrimination. You might make the harsher and more hidden but you can't make it go away. Surely this incident with these perverts having such a hard time for so long would give you a clue. When gays are beaten and killed yet no one cares. If they care, its the perv had it coming.

I cannot make you understand that instead of sympathy for gays, people are more inclined to be understanding of throwing them off buildings.

You have a choice of how you want society to be. The right seem to choose to have society as some kind of anarchy so the rich can get away with what they like. I've chosen to fight for a society which isn't anarchy, where people are educated in how to live in society, where people are punished if they break the rules society has set up.

Now, the right CLAIM that they favor a society which is like this, but they don't. They are willing to take away people's rights in order to have "security" but usually only on their terms. They want people who are breaking the law so they can be tough on them, they want people who have easy sex so they can demonize them. It's easy to sell to the rest of the people, have the pariahs out there, make them scapegoats (haven't they always, like the Jews?)

This is right wing politics. It's about simplifying things, making the environment right for right wing politics. And yet they demonize the left, like me, who stand up and say they a society which has a certain amount of order there (which they claim they want), only the left want it done in an intelligent manner (I don't claim to speak for all the left, or even most of it).
The right doesn't want your regimented society. I know for damn sure I don't.

No one is taking your rights away. You simply have no right to be liked or to good will from anyone. Are you really now switching off to somehow blame the rich for the rejection of degeneracy? The left wants a tightly regimented society that does not tolerate different opinions.

Now you know why I tossed two lezzies out. I didn't have a religious objection and never pretended to have one. I knew I had the right and the power to tell them to fuck off and there was nothing they could do. It was a strike back for perverts being generally obnoxious. Maybe the answer isn't for vulnerable bakers and florists to fight. Maybe it's up to the ones who don't have these businesses to give pervs the bloody nose.

But they do.

When terrorism comes up they demand that people's rights be reduced (except the 2nd Amendment of course), they demand immigrants fit into their way of life, they demand that people don't drink, that people don't smoke, that people cross the road in the right place, that people do so much stuff.

You don't understand the theory of rights, I've got that already. And I've also got that you like to use insulting names for groups you don't like.

It's hardly a debate when you end up resorting to that sort of thing.

You don't have the right to tell someone to fuck off. It's not a right. The right to free speech isn't the right to say whatever you like whenever you like.
Nonsense I tell people to fuck off on a daily basis. I have all my life. It's a right. You are a totalitarian statist so you don't understand rights.

Forum List

Back