Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

There are questions we do not have the answer to yet.

The parents were “immediately summoned to the school." A school counselor removed Ethan from class with his backpack and obtained the note, but the drawings of the gun, bloody figure and writings were all “altered.” At the meeting with school officials, his parents were shown the drawing and were told they had to submit their son to counseling within 48 hours. His parents did not ask the whereabouts of the gun and did not to inspect his backpack for the gun which he had with him, according to McDonald. His parents “resisted” the idea of taking Ethan out of school and left without him.

Prosecutor outlines timeline leading to charges against Michigan school shooting suspect's parents

I'm thinking my kid would have went home with me. Is that an arrestable offense? No but it opens up question.
And they shoved that murderer back into the classroom with his victims.

If Courthouses can do it, schools can too.

No excuse but to assume that schools want shootings so they can push the anti-gun agenda.

As they say, do the math. Take the cost of protecting the half dozen court houses in each county, to the hundreds of schools in each county.

So is this the standard we are going to hold all parents accountable? What about those in gangs and as a gang member they kill another person, do the parents go up for manslaughter? What if they get caught stealing, do we charge parents for aiding and abetting?

I'm good with this however I think we need to be careful.

I am sure that the parents of the Negro and Hispanic street thugs are just as responsible for the crimes their kids do as the parents of this kid in Michigan but nobody will ever hold them responsible. It would be racist.

I agree to a certain extent. If they can prove the parents knew he had the gun or something similar, then they deserve to be charged.
They knew he had access to the gun, because they knew they hadn’t secured it in such a way that he couldn’t get access. That’s enough in my book, especially given that it has now emerged that they knew he was disturbed emotionally.

Kids shouldn't be buying ammo on the internet while they are in class.
Many people have posted about getting firearms as children. I'm thinking that their parents if they didn't keep the firearm locked up, at least kept the ammunition locked up, and only gave them to the kid in specific amounts, for specific purposes.

The math alone says the cost of such security would be a hundred times the TSA budget. Or about the same we spend on the military every year.
Whatever the cost its the only practical way to protect the students

Forum List

Back