Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

So the school knew as much as the parents did and let it happen?

I mean, don't get me wrong. If you get a gun for a kid, you better have them well trained and know their tendencies, but if they are being charged for knowing he was unstable and likely to cause trouble, the school knew it too and let it happen.
The school should be liable for allowing the kid back in school...

However, according to the cheer section for the parents on this board -- there wasn't really anything the kid did that was wrong....

So I assume the school should be in good shape....just like the parents should be.......

Looks like the parental units are on the lam.

Now you are weaseling out of your previous position

You laughed and called me stupid when I held the school board accountable for not protecting the children
Yes I did. I can agree with protecting the children and still think you are fucking moron for wanting to arrest the school board.
This is a ridiculous position to take. No school board could function if they had to make sure that schools were impervious from students committing mayhem.

There aren't enough guards, metal detectors, body searches, available to every school. Just think of the TSA, and expand it by ten fold.

If a student wants to get a gun into a school with metal detectors, he's going to find a way.
Oh yeah?

If schools were protected properly such as at the courthouse very few deranged students would succeed

And that means far fewer murdered students in the public schools

This is a ridiculous position to take. No school board could function if they had to make sure that schools were impervious from students committing mayhem.

There aren't enough guards, metal detectors, body searches, available to every school. Just think of the TSA, and expand it by ten fold.

I agree 100%. Not to mention the school boards are limited in what they can do by the state and Fed Govt. School boards do not have the power most people assume they do.

Oh yeah?

If schools were protected properly such as at the courthouse very few deranged students would succeed

As I already noted, start picking kids off as they leave the school. We have already seen that happen. No amount of metal detectors would stop that.

Canada is pretty damn close to where they live
I assume Canada would honor any extradition request provided our prosecutors agree not to seek a death penalty.

Accordingly, my hunch is that they will soon realize that there is no good flight option. Then (unless they are contemplating suicide) they will turn themselves in.

Does the DA have armed police protection in courthouse where she works?

I bet she does

All that police protection and metal detectors should be used to protect the children not some lousy politician
Just do the numbers. The cost of expanding what it takes to protect a courthouse to every school in the US would bankrupt most school districts.

You lack imagination

Schools can be secured by limiting access to a few locations and using metal detectors operated by armed security

Last edited:
Yes! And that goes for all other parents who are guilty of the same or SIMILAR criminal negligence!

To offer up an example, any parent allowing a mentally unstable child to get their hands on a gun.
Maybe revisit the question of background checks that keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

See the danger in the precedences that could be set in the court?

p.s. maybe not the 'rest' of their days?

He is not old enough to buy a weapon so a background check would not effect this case in any way.

But, background checks are always required when purchasing a weapon through a FFL.

So the school knew as much as the parents did and let it happen?

I mean, don't get me wrong. If you get a gun for a kid, you better have them well trained and know their tendencies, but if they are being charged for knowing he was unstable and likely to cause trouble, the school knew it too and let it happen.
The school didn't know the parents would give the kid a gun.

Just do the numbers. The cost of expanding what it takes to protect a courthouse to every school in the US would bankrupt most school districts.
Its better to allow random shooters to murder defenseless students under a full moon or whatever activates these crazies?

We can start by removing security from adult locations and giving it to the kids

So is this the standard we are going to hold all parents accountable? What about those in gangs and as a gang member they kill another person, do the parents go up for manslaughter? What if they get caught stealing, do we charge parents for aiding and abetting?

I'm good with this however I think we need to be careful.

Oh yeah?

I believe in preventing giving access to firearms to mentally ill people. You believe in attempting to stop such people who possess guns. That is the fundamental difference between us. We'll never agree.

Forum List

Back