🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Paul: I don't think McConnell has votes to pass healthcare bill now

really, the GOP should put Senator Paul in charge of crafting a healthcare bill...he is a doctor from a family of doctors.
He has crafted a plan... nobody in congress is taking it seriously
that speaks pretty badly of congress
Senator Paul is a very intelligent Libertarian who wants something the majority of the country opposes. Healthcare if a big deal to little people and there are a lot of little people in this country. YOU guys brought this up; it could have been fixed long ago if you would have allowed it. It looks to me as if you may be forced to fix it with bipartisan input after all.
well I'll be damned, we are on the same page as far as this. I like Rand's dad better(actually got to meet him), but Rand is solid(voted for him in the primary)

Rand Paul is turd that was born into politics and lost touch with the people of Kentucky. He only gets elected because all it takes to win an election is have an "R" in front of your name and enough money to put up signs in enough yards.

really, the GOP should put Senator Paul in charge of crafting a healthcare bill...he is a doctor from a family of doctors.
It's either badly for congress or badly for Rands plan

Rand's plan was utterly stupid. It was nothing but a tax free health care savings account and the ability to write health care costs off on your end of year taxes.

Truth be told they want single payer, but Obamacare has been the gift that keeps on giving for the GOP....I say they let it die a slow death but make no mistake they have no intention of pulling people off Medicaid. Even Krauthammer concedes single payer is coming

In he face of all he republican lies? So what will voters do?

Senator Paul is a very intelligent Libertarian who wants something the majority of the country opposes. Healthcare if a big deal to little people and there are a lot of little people in this country. YOU guys brought this up; it could have been fixed long ago if you would have allowed it. It looks to me as if you may be forced to fix it with bipartisan input after all.
well I'll be damned, we are on the same page as far as this. I like Rand's dad better(actually got to meet him), but Rand is solid(voted for him in the primary)

Rand Paul is turd that was born into politics and lost touch with the people of Kentucky. He only gets elected because all it takes to win an election is have an "R" in front of your name and enough money to put up signs in enough yards.
Rand stands for liberty
he opposes the patriot act and NDAA, stands for the second amendment, and isnbt afraid to buck his own party when they are wrong

Let's hope so... I'm sick and tired of the nearly decade long "all or nothing" fight over healthcare. At some point we need both sides working together to fix what we have instead of the BS political posturing... trying to demonize your opponents bill and shut it down is never going to get us anywhere. Reps did it to the Dems for 8 years and now Dems are doing it to the Reps. It's all ego and extremely dishonest and ugly

Rand stands for liberty
he opposes the patriot act and NDAA, stands for the second amendment, and isnbt afraid to buck his own party when they are wrong

No he's a turd that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has lost touch with reality. He might as well be President Coriolanus Snow from the hunger games. It's easy to rule from an ivory tower.

Rand's plan was utterly stupid. It was nothing but a tax free health care savings account and the ability to write health care costs off on your end of year taxes.
I like both of those ideas. But I'd also play with the idea of including a single payer catostophic plan for everybody so there is at least basic coverage for all Americans

Let's hope so... I'm sick and tired of the nearly decade long "all or nothing" fight over healthcare. At some point we need both sides working together to fix what we have instead of the BS political posturing... trying to demonize your opponents bill and shut it down is never going to get us anywhere. Reps did it to the Dems for 8 years and now Dems are doing it to the Reps. It's all ego and extremely dishonest and ugly

Don't hold your breath, the Republicans won't even debate the bill with their fellow Repubs let alone anything bipartisan and have hearings.

I like both of those ideas. But I'd also play with the idea of including a single payer catostophic plan for everybody so there is at least basic coverage for all Americans

He was also against pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies could charge more and if you lapsed more than 6 months on your insurance they could turn you down.

The intention of Obama-care was to make health insurance costs skyrocket and make health care worse. That way the people will say, "see, we need single-payer". Then they will demand the government give them single-payer. Then we'll get it, and the quality of health care will drop big time. Then people will buy their own health insurance on top of the "free health insurance" which they are already paying for through taxes. Just like in Germany.
We should believe you just because you said so??
Well, that is an interesting reply.

Should we believe you because you say so?

You'll then point to studies and other countries in which it works, and others will point to studies and countries in which it has failed.

That means you end right where you started.

How about you show us how, when the government has complete control, that the people in government are going to act in the best interest of each and every individual who has a medical need, regardless of age, the cost to the government, and voting record?

Show us a system in which the only people making decisions are the patient and the doctor and the government stay silent and just forks over the cash after the treatment.

I think your " built to fail " argument isn't more than a cheap talking point. It was a plan that tried to help the most vulnerable but lacked fiscal responsibility and had a very sloppy roll out.

When Obamacare was first coming out, I must have heard a dozen experts on television giving it a year by year analysis of the roll-out, when various stages would kick in saying that this year when it was fully implemented it would collapse and that the inevitable result would be single payer, and that is pretty much exactly what has happened and where it is going.

.. however it had and still has the ability to be amended and tweaked and improved. There has never been a bipartisan attempt to fix the areas that were not working. A lot of empty promises and political posturing from the right to do something that they obviously were not prepared to do.

Anything has the ability to be amended and improved. Question is, what is easier, trying to wade through the 30,000 pages of Obamacare or just starting from scratch? There never seems much interest or hope for any bipartisan effort these days and I would say that more of that seems to come from the Left. They may throw it out there for optics, but when approached, their idea of "cooperation" is not to meet the GOP in the middle but for the GOP to come fully onto their side and do everything their way.

But I agree with the rest of what you say: the GOP has admitted that it was pretty easy to vote to repeal Obamacare when Obama was in office because they knew he would never sign it. They didn't expect Trump to win, and were caught with their pants down. And there never is any unity, they always have 5 or 6 hold outs no matter what, as if they are determined to see the party fail. They damn well get it together and get something done. People like Paul need to start considering that fixing some of the healthcare issues so they can move onto tax reform is a lot better than leaving healthcare totally broken as it is, breaking a major promise and not reforming taxes either!

He was also against pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies could charge more and if you lapsed more than 6 months on your insurance they could turn you down.
and thats more important than the basic liberties we have being trampled on?

It's a tough one, I dont agree with letting insurance company's reject people with PreCs but we also can't have a system where people only get insurance when the get sick.

Biggest problem in my opinion are the costs. Care cost are waaaay to high. It focus on that first and formost. ACA did great things for the people. Now we need to make the numbers work better

Everyone has access to Health Care.

We are talking about Health Insurance.

It will eventually get passed.

The Dems ramrodded a bad bill through Congress last time without letting anyone see it.
At least this bill is transparent.

Besides that, Schummer said Americans don't need health insurance because "health care isn't my problem."

The healthcare bill should be two pages long. The reason it's messed up is the government.
I'm curious... were you happy with the healthcare system before Obamacare? Are you wanting to go back to how things were?

The health care system was better before Obama. Ask anyone who pays taxes and works for a living.

and thats more important than the basic liberties we have being trampled on?

Oh don't give me that hogwash... I should be able to walk down the road to the Daniel Boone National Forest and set me up a plot of land, and it SHOULD be mine. But our government doesn't work like that anymore, and saying this health care bill is a trample on your liberties is bullshit.

The intention of Obama-care was to make health insurance costs skyrocket and make health care worse. That way the people will say, "see, we need single-payer". Then they will demand the government give them single-payer. Then we'll get it, and the quality of health care will drop big time. Then people will buy their own health insurance on top of the "free health insurance" which they are already paying for through taxes. Just like in Germany.
We should believe you just because you said so??
Well, that is an interesting reply.

Should we believe you because you say so?

You'll then point to studies and other countries in which it works, and others will point to studies and countries in which it has failed.

That means you end right where you started.

How about you show us how, when the government has complete control, that the people in government are going to act in the best interest of each and every individual who has a medical need, regardless of age, the cost to the government, and voting record?

Show us a system in which the only people making decisions are the patient and the doctor and the government stay silent and just forks over the cash after the treatment.
I try not to make empty assertions like he did. I try and explain my reasoning or provide links to back up my arguements. The poster I commented on was just being emotional and lazy.

Per your question, I have no desire to live in a country run under complete government control, I don't think many Americans want that either

The healthcare bill should be two pages long. The reason it's messed up is the government.
I'm curious... were you happy with the healthcare system before Obamacare? Are you wanting to go back to how things were?

The health care system was better before Obama. Ask anyone who pays taxes and works for a living.
Many people with preexisting conditions and who who couldn't afford insurance would disagree with you

What are you going to do when they take away your pre-existing conditions and your insurance no longer covers your psyche meds? We all know you are crazy as shit, we don't want to see you off your meds.

Forum List

Back