Paul Ryan says American women need to have more babies

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
Aaron Rupar Dec 14, 2017, 4:33 pm
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

Why not allow in more immigrants? Maybe go to 2 million per year!

What a stupid thing for Ryan to say.

Republicans don't want to help the babies we have now.

"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

Look how well it’s worked for France, Germany and Sweden!

I am surprised you are not claiming Ryan is racist and stuff for implying Euro-Americans need to procreate otherwise the West will turn into a Brown, uncivilized area!

Go fuck yourself with that asinine bullshit.

yup... ryan should do just that.

Look how well it’s worked for France, Germany and Sweden!
Matthew is a fucking retard. The boy can't see beyond his own keyboard much less the realities of mass influxes of immigrants.

Go fuck yourself with that asinine bullshit.

yup... ryan should do just that.
I'm sure Ryan wasn't thinking of you, for obvious reasons.

1. Because of the social and cultural and even national security costs.

2. Because they mostly suck.

We should be investing in education in our current children.

We do. But academic studies show that education outcome to be primarily driven by parental involvement.

With sky rocketing illegitimacy, we are going to have a problem with education.

Not to mention possible race based achievement gaps.

Ryan is right. Any economist will tell you that we need a larger population in order to have robust economic growth.

And since prosperous nations tend to have declining birth rates, then the obvious solution is to increase immigration.

You hit the nail on the head.

Others have claimed the same thing: One argument in favor is the care of aging parents, without children, we have simply aging adults, more in institutions.

Forum List

Back