Pay Americans $1,000 each to take a coronavirus vaccine

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Public health experts are increasingly concerned about the possibility that a coronavirus vaccine will be successfully developed but not enough Americans would be willing to receive it.

About 70% of a population being vaccinated represents the threshold needed for herd immunity, which dramatically slows the spread of viruses.

Given the potential problem, an expert from the Brookings Institution suggests that the government pay Americans $1,000 each to take the vaccine.

“If we don’t get herd immunity, we’re not getting our economy back and we’re not getting our society and our lives back,” Robert Litan, an economist who served in the Clinton administration and the Brookings scholar who authored the report, told Yahoo Finance (video above). “If you paid $1,000 a person — so for a family of four you’re talking $4,000. In these hard times, that’s a lot of money and I think a lot of people would take the vaccine for $1,000.”

I'll pass.

Public health experts are increasingly concerned about the possibility that a coronavirus vaccine will be successfully developed but not enough Americans would be willing to receive it.

About 70% of a population being vaccinated represents the threshold needed for herd immunity, which dramatically slows the spread of viruses.

Given the potential problem, an expert from the Brookings Institution suggests that the government pay Americans $1,000 each to take the vaccine.

“If we don’t get herd immunity, we’re not getting our economy back and we’re not getting our society and our lives back,” Robert Litan, an economist who served in the Clinton administration and the Brookings scholar who authored the report, told Yahoo Finance (video above). “If you paid $1,000 a person — so for a family of four you’re talking $4,000. In these hard times, that’s a lot of money and I think a lot of people would take the vaccine for $1,000.”

I'll pass.
I'm in one of the studies. I already got one and didn't even get paid for it.

I'll pass.

Good for you.

See there ^^^ they don't have to pay idiots to take vaccines as they will anyhow.
Doin' my part to save the world.

But you go ahead and sit there with your thumb up your ass, it's cool. I got this.
A lot of us have already gotten it, and are immune, we don't need no stinkin' corporate poison.

You do you, we will trust in the creation.

I'll pass.
It will be 6 to 9 months or more before they even have a good how effective or long lasting the chosen vaccine will prove to be. After it has been out for a couple of months in the general population, I will get one, whether they give me $1,000 or not. If it turns out to produce many long lasting side effects in significant number of the population, I don't need a $1,000 that bad. If it is safe (let alone effective), I would have no problem taking or pocketing the $1,000 dollars.

I'll pass.

Just like a lab rat.

"

An RNA vaccine or mRNA (messenger RNA) vaccine is a new type of vaccine for providing acquired immunity through an RNA containing vector, such as lipid nanoparticles.[1]

Just like normal vaccines, RNA vaccines are intended to induce the production of antibodies which will bind to potential pathogens. The RNA sequence codes for antigens, proteins that are identical or resembling those of the pathogen. Upon the delivery of the vaccine into the body, this sequence is translated by the host cells to produce the encoded antigens, which then stimulate the body’s adaptive immune system to produce antibodies against the pathogen.

Another form of the mRNA vaccination is one in which the mRNA encodes for a fully human IgG antibody. In this form, the mRNA codes for antibodies that are identical or resembling those of the antibodies found in a patient with a prior history of potent immunity.[2]

Of particular import.....

" Currently, there are no RNA vaccines approved for human use "

Yet they want to rush this through without proper testing? Not a chance.

See there ^^^ they don't have to pay idiots to take vaccines as they will anyhow.

But you go ahead and sit there with your thumb up your ass, it's cool. I got this.
You have your vaccine so you are supposedly safe from us who do not get the vaccine or wear a mask. So shut up and don't complain about others

The "left" does not understand that we do not have a problem with HOW they live their lives. Their choices are there own. The problem we have is that can't help trying to make us live ours the same way.

I'll pass.
What's in it?

A lot of us have already gotten it, and are immune, we don't need no stinkin' corporate poison.

A lot of you tRumplings are liars too. 2% of the country has had a confirmed infection.

I'll pass.
What's in it?

Nobody knows.

A lot of you tRumplings are liars too. 2% of the country has had a confirmed infection.

1.4% of the 2% has died. You people look stupid here.

You have your vaccine so you are supposedly safe from us who do not get the vaccine or wear a mask. So shut up and don't complain about others
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

There barely enough to go around with tRump running for re-election.

1.4% of the 2% has died. You people look stupid here.
You're off by more that double. It's slightly over 3%>

Forum List

Back